Chapter 5
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back in the cave, Dave found himself looking at the wall of the cave, and he had his right hand raised. He shook his head, then lowered his hand, then turned around to face the other two.

"Go back to my father; I have things to take care of... Getting my strength back mainly. "

"B-but..."

"No buts! I need time to think about things."

"As you wish!"

The two bowed and then walked away; although they followed Dave's order, they seemed unhappy about it. After they left, Dave sat down and closed his eyes, and started concentrating.

"Doni said that I should train... In that dream world or what that was, he taught me how to use basic magic; however, he said I have to do the same thing here, starting by stepping onto the road of magic."

Dave took a deep breath in, then extended his right hand, and tiny light bubbles appeared, which after a few seconds, exploded.

"He said there are two types of magic present in this world. The ones humans use and the ones monsters use. Hah, it sounds almost like light and dark, white and black... But, since he had a great affinity for magic, at least he claimed he had. I hope I will have an easy time mastering it."

More and more lights appeared after each try, but all exploded. After a few minutes, instead of small bubbles of lights, a bigger but still very small flaming ball appeared in front of his palm. Dave quickly closed his palm and pulled it back.

"Still not enough! Doni said that there are four minor stages; Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta... Then if I can finally reach and create a magic circle... Doni, you should have been a bit clearer about it; I hope I can figure it out later! But never mind that; I am not even able to reach the Alpha stage."

Dave extended his hand once again and tried once again. The tiny fireball appeared in front of his palm once again, and Dave slowly closed his hand and grabbed it. This time a very light, barely visible reddish aura came from his extended hand and travelled through him.

"Finally! Now that that's done, finally, let's look around this cave. I wonder what might be in it."

Dave stood up and started walking deeper into the cave. But before he left, he picked up the two daggers and brought them along with him. Although as he walked, things got darker and darker as there was no source of light, he could see well in the darkness. The deeper he got, the temperature drooped, and the humidity increased.

"What kind of cave is this? It's almost like a human-made straight line!"

After minutes of walking straight, he started seeing some sort of light in the distance. After getting closer, he could see a larger room within the cave. In the room, there were two people; one seemed like a slave as his hands and legs were chained, and each of his limbs had a weight attached to them. Said chains were so long that the weight was on the ground. The slave had black hair and slightly pointy ears and was wearing rags. The slave had a large backpack on his back. Although the man was skinny, the bag he was carrying seemed almost twice as heavy as he was.

The other man was wearing full leather armour with metal gloves. He also had a blade in its scabbard. The metal part of the handle of the sword seemed a bit rusty, and every other part seemed pretty used. The man also had white hair, his left ear was missing, and the blood had already dried on his face; also, his left shoulder had a fresh wound. The man tried to pull a sword from the ground, which was located next to him. The sword had a slight glowing golden aura but seemed nothing more than a plain old sword. The man was using all of his strength to pull the blade but to no avail! The blade didn't even move, no matter how hard he tried. The man was gritting his teeth, and his limbs were shaking from pulling on the blade; then he shouted.

"FUCKING SWORD! COME OUT ALREADY! I've been here and pulling this thing for almost an hour, and it didn't even budge! Why is that?! "

"T-this sword had been stuck in the ground for quite some time, although it is not very strong, it could be called a treasure, but the gain is too little. No one thinks it's worth it to pull this crap of treasure!"

"Slave, I didn't purchase you to talk! Instead of wasting my time, pass me the water! I am thirsty!"

The slave sat down, put the bag down, and opened it. Then he slowly reached into it; after searching for a few moments, he pulled a flask made of leather and tossed it to the man, who grabbed it and drank all the water almost instantly, then tossed the empty container back to the slave and sat down. After catching the flask, the slave put it back in the bag.

Dave sneaked closer to them and looked around the room. The room was quite spacious and baron; it only had the sword and the larger entrances, nothing else. Dave tried to sneak even closer, but the man in leather armour suddenly turned around and noticed him.

"Hey! You there! What do you think you are doing here? Trying to steal my glory and fame? You have to wake up earlier than that if you want to sneak up on me!"

The man's armour was full of cuts on its front side, and the man had two deep cuts over his left eye, so he kept it close, and one on his right cheek going all the way down to his chin.

"Even if I am injured, I can easily kill a brat like you!"

The man grabbed his sword on his back and pointed it at Dave. The blade was battered and rusty; it had many dents, the whole blade was slightly bent, and one of its sides was completely bent, so that side was rendered blunt. Dave nervously smiled and raised his two blades, then said.

"I have no intention to fight you!"

"I know you are only trying to get away, and while I am not looking, you would stab me in the back! I know your kind. You are very cunning, but I can see through you! You wanted an easy kill, right kid?!"

0