Chapter 6
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man brought his sword to his side and started running towards Dave. Dave was standing still, and the moment the man got close enough to him, he unleashed a quick slash. Dave quickly used both of his knives to block and rolled to the side. Before he could have stood up properly, the man was already about to launch another attack, but this time his sword was above his head and was about to cut Dave into two vertically. Dave hurriedly brought his daggers above his head and blocked the incoming attack. He kneeled down after blocking the vertical slash, but before he could have come up with anything, his opponent raised his hand again and struck down once again.

"I don't care how long it takes; I will break your daggers and then kill you!"

Declared the man as he once again brought down his blade, but this time, Dave dodged to the side and gained some distance. His hands were shaking slightly. The man smiled and extended his injured arm and opened his palm. in his palm, a small ball of fire formed and then was fired at Dave, who, although ducked, still hit him. The ball created a small explosion, but the smoke that came with it completely reduced Dave's sight, so the man rushed at him and slashed at him. Dave's chest was cut, even though he jumped back as fast as he could.

"You are annoying; just die already, kid!"

The man thrust his blade forward, aimed at Dave's chest, but suddenly Dave's eyes glowed up for a second, then he quickly stepped to the side, sustaining a minute scratch on his side. Then he dashed forward and wanted to stab the man's throat, but the man dropped his weapon and grabbed Dave's blades with his hands. His gloves protected him from sustaining any damage from the daggers, and then he headbutted Dave with all of his might. The man hit Dave's face, breaking his nose; however, while the man was still holding his daggers, Dave quickly jumped up and kicked the man's face with great force. The man instantly let go of Dave's weapon, slid back and fell; as for Dave, he fell as well but stood up almost instantly. His wound on his chest had already healed, and his nose was also healing; and he rushed after the man whose wounds on his head and shoulder had opened up in the fight, and they started bleeding.

"FUCK YOU!"

Shouted the man who was about to get up, but Dave jumped on him and wanted to penetrate his throat with his blades, but the man once again grabbed his knives. Dave's eyes glowed up once again, and he increased the power with which he was pushing the blades; the daggers were sparkling in the man's grip, who was slowly able to push Dave's weapon away.

"You are still too green!!"

Shouted the man and kicked Dave in the stomach with both of his legs. Dave was launched a few meters upwards. Dave gritted his teeth and threw his blades at the man as hard as he could. The blades hurled at the man at a great speed, but he managed t block one of the musing his gloves, but the other knife penetrated his leg. The man quickly pulled the dagger from his leg and stood up as fast as he could; as for Dave, he fell onto his back but jumped up right away and shook his head. The two of them started running toward one another as fast as they could; unfortunately for Dave, he was slower, and he received a quick and strong jab to his face; before he could recover from the punch, the man kicked him with his injured leg. Dave slid back a few meters and, with glowing eyes, dashed back at the man, who grabbed his head and rushed to the wall and smashed him into it.

Dave quickly grabbed the man's arm and twisted it so hard that the glove he was wearing was dented in. The man instantly let go of Dave and pulled his hand back, and was about to step back, but Dave quickly kicked him on his head and chest with both of his legs, sending him flying backwards. Dave started walking towards him as he split some of his teeth out due to Dave's kick. The man cracked his jaw, raised both of his hands as if he was about to go boxing and rushed forward. Dave unconsciously started smiling, and a thin reddish aura appeared around him. The moment the man got closer, he unleashed another swift jab, but this time, Dave evaded it by leaning to the side, and instead, he delivered a blow to the armpit of the man, then another punch to his chest. Dave's attacks had a significant effect on the man, as he slightly slid back after taking a blow to his chest, and his shoulder cracked. The man could barely hold up his freshly injured hand, so instead, he retreated and shouted.

"I-it seems I-I underestimated you, kid! Although you are stronger than me, you DIDN'T WIN! We will die TOGETHER!"

The man pulled a white gem from his armour and extended his arm. The gem started glowing, and its light got stronger and stronger. Dave looked at the young man on the other side of the room, who was just staring at the crystal. Dave rushed over to him, and the moment before he got there, he heard a sudden cracking sound which was followed by a shattering sound, and as he turned around to see what happened, he saw a wall of flame approaching. The entire room was lit up by a fiery explosion caused by the crystal held by the man. The blast was powerful enough to collapse most of the room. The passage Dave used to enter the chamber was covered with debris. The man was overwhelmed and died in the explosion; Dave was blasted away and suffered severe burns, and was laying on the floor not far from the younger man, who, thanks to Dave's quick reaction, only suffered minor injuries.

"What happened? Did he just save me?! But why?"

Asked the man and then crawled over to Dave, but before he could reach him, Dave slowly pushed himself up and sat up as he was panting. His face and hands were severely burned, but he was slowly healing. He tried to say something, but no voice came out of his mouth. The man who stopped moving noticed that Dave's eyes were glowing; although most of his skin was burned, the man could see in his eyes that he was in great pain but was furious as well.

"Sir, thank you for saving my life; I don't know why you did it, but I am truly grateful, but you shouldn't have done that! I am nothing but a slave! But since you saved my life, sir, I shall serve you to repay for your kindness since I have no money nor do I have anything of value to offer! Unfortunately, I have no name, so please call me whatever you want."

Said the slave and started searching for something in the large backpack; as for Dave, although he heard what the man said, he was more focused on staying awake and enduring the pain he was experiencing.

0