6- the battle of the bridge is near
149 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

' they say that the day belongs to the early bird' I thought jokingly while listening to the phone. 

I was laying back carelessly on the table while Haku was standing straight next to me.

It was early in the morning, the sun had yet to rise and  I already had to listen to Gato as he berated me.

' the role of a hitman is not easy as the most difficult task is often to keep yourself from killing your employer.

With the original owner of the body's level of self-control, it was certainly not easy ' 

At this moment I was feeling quite funny. Sadly, I could not share my thought with Haku just on the side.

At this point, my fear of him had diminished greatly, as I had gained confidence in my strength. But I still needed him for the following mission, so there was no need to act suspiciously now.

" I am not financing you to waste my money. You need to do the job that you have paid for..." A sense of irritation came from the depth of my soul as I listened to his condescending voice.

But while this feeling of indignation appeared, I knew that he did not originate from me. It was just a vestige from the original soul that I had replaced.

I still frowned, a show for Haku to see, before stopping the call.

Looking at the old phone model in front of me, I started to miss the modern world a little.

' If only I had brought my smartphone with me!' i sighed as my mind made a range and realized that I still needed to wait until Naruto became an adult for smartphones to become common in this world.

I hoped that I will be able to keep my life until then.

This came with the need to accomplish the mission given by the interface. I shook my mind as I started to think about my next moves.

' According to the canon, Gato's men are going to make their move today on Tazuna's family '

I wondered whether Naruto will be able to save them this time but as I had not done anything until now, there was no way that I had already caused a butterfly effect right?

For some seconds, my determination to go through this operation almost faltered, like many times during the last few days. I had never been a ruthless fellow in the past. My only saving grace perhaps was the fact that I had gotten used to this world in the past as a fictional one. I could ignore some of my feelings by associating these people made of flesh and blood with 2 dimensions images. It was easier that way. I felt that it was somewhat cruel on my part, but everyone has a way to deal with situations that they faced and this was mine.

I turned to Haku who was for some reason looking at me attentively.

" We will start Moving now," I said.

 

Haku was already ready, only putting his mask with the ugly motives on his face. Strangely, I preferred him like this. It felt strange lying to a smiling face. As for me, I just had to take my Big sword and scrap it to my back.

There were small docks outside, and we silently boarded the only small boat that was there.

There was no paddle inside, no sail, no motor. I was not surprised. Instead, I looked at Haku matter-of-factly and the next moment, The boat started to move, as if possessed by a ghost as Haku gently pressed his fingers on the water's surface, using his chakra to move the boat.

I knew that he was not using much chakra, he was just guiding the boat in one direction and the water will do the rest, pushing us.

But the view of the trail left of water by his delicate fingers was still a strangely beautiful sight.

' a clever use of Chakra' I could not help but get excited, as I fantasized about all the things that I could do with chakra and all the other things I had yet to discover.

' i need to remain focused ' I shook my head and stopped the smile that threatened to spread behind my 'facemask'.

I analyzed most of the reasons why Zabuza and Haku had lost their second confrontation against team 7. Most of these reasons revolved around the fact that they either underestimated their opponents or they did not have much information about them.

I was certainly going to commit the same mistake and what I lacked in strength and battle experience, I was going to complete it with preparations and intelligence on my opponents.

For this strategy to work, I needed Haku's help. He needed to know what he was going to fight against, a young and talented Ninja user of the Sharingan, the host of the nine-tailed beasts with a near-endless amount of Chakra, superior regenerative ability, and the ability to go berserk once triggered.

I needed to tell him that without alarming him and showing suspicion. How did I know all of that? I needed a good explanation.

Thankfully, if there was anything that I had always been good at, it was certainly, lying.

5