7- launching an attack
139 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first rays of the sun had already appeared, and the sky was clear of any clouds.

" Such a good day to work" The workers on the bridge were certainly thinking along these lines.

"How wrong they are" I muttered to myself.

Loud noises, could be heard as the bridge builders started their work early in the morning.

Seeing this structure that was slowly taking form I could already see the shadow of what would have become the 'Great Naruto Bridge and how useful it would have been.

" I need to accomplish that mission" with a sigh I decided to focus on my work just like these honest people above us.

Our little boat had moved along the shadow of the will-be bridge so that we will not be detected.

These, bridge builders were smart enough to have people at the most important places to keep a lookout

But for Ninja like us, their methods were too amateurish. We simply evaded them to not alert them and catch them all in one fell swoop.

I was not the one who proposed this plan of action. I did not say anything as Haku acted with precision as he had done it countless times, Wich was almost the case. The only reason, why I could understand this was thanks to "my" reach experience.

Zabuza was the person who had instructed Haku, and while he did not do things exactly like the older one, barging and killing everyone in sight, there was still a shadow of him left in any of its actions.

The little boat suddenly stopped when we arrived somewhere in the middle of the bridge, and the water rippled. I tried to understand what he wanted to do while maintaining a poker face as if everything was under control.

I did not have to think for too long as the next second I saw Haku's figure flickering. He seemed to morph into a shadow that launched himself toward the bridge.

Knowing that it was not present, I finally let a frown appear on my face.

Haku had almost reached the level of an Elite Ninja and mostly relied on his speed. He was so fast that an ordinary person will not even be able to catch his figure and for most Ninjas, it was difficult to follow his trail.

During the last few days, I discovered that I could barely trace his trail myself. It did not mean that he could catch me unaware, as while he moved fast, thanks to Zabuza's training through his years, the body reflexes could catch up to him.

A Ninja like Kakashi was certainly able to do it too.

Another thing about Elites Ninja was that they could use ort bursts of speed during Wich they moved even faster than Haku.

This is why I could not let Haku fight Kakashi while watching from the sideline. As soon as I considered this plan I was forced to abort it.

I could only fight him myself, and while doing so, I had to pray that my body reflexes will be able to match him and that my fighting strategy will be able to surpass his.

It is the main reason why I feared this fight. Strangely a part of me seemed to be excited at the thought and I Found myself grinding. Was it the Otaku in me or just the remnant of old Zabuza's soul acting up I did not knock?

I decided not to dwell on these matters for long. I could already hear cries, roars like that of pigs getting slaughtered, and blunt noises coming from the place where Haku went.

With The kubikiribōchō tied to the belt that only seemed like an ornament on my chest, my weight was around one tonne. I was far heavier than Haku.

I slowly immersed myself I'm my memories. I had practiced this during the last few days and this body had worked this way for years.

With my A rank chakra control, the right amount of Chakra found its way toward my legs and the sole of my feet.

If I had jumped, with my body strength, I would have certainly reached my destination at the top of the bridge while breaking the boat at the same time.

But with this technics I was proposed at a tricky curvy angle, achieving a burst of speed just like Haku earlier.

I could see that behind me, did not ever, there was only a small ripple betraying my presence.

I was also pleased by the fact that this skill could help me move forward, backward, upward, or at any tricky angle that will help me evade an attack.

In the blink of an eye, I reached my destination. I could only see one person standing when I arrived, Haku, clean and uninjured in his reader's mask that had the saving grace to make him look at least intimidating.

The other people were all sprawled on the ground unmoving with little blood in someplace. There were about a Dozen of men, some were burly, others stall, thin, young's or a little old.

There was only one common point between all of them, they were alive. Knocked out cold, and emaciated, some Brocken bones or rips, but none of them was in mortal danger.

After all with 'my' experience as an assassin and one of the best in the world at this job, I could easily recognize a corpse, or a future one with just a glance, and there was none nearby.

It finally dawned upon me that be it from my original memories or those of the remnants, Haku had never arbored too much killing intent.

He never hesitated to kill when he was asked to do so, but he refrained from doing so unnecessarily.

With this new understanding, I could not help but look at him in a better light.

But I did not show it on my face, instead, I used Zabuza's habitual dissatisfied expression.

Haku was not intimidated. It helped me gain a better understanding of their relationship. While Haku was ready to obey each of Zabuza's orders, even going as far as killing himself it did not seem like he was ever going to go out of his way just to please Zabuza's mood.

I did not know how to use this information.

' I should be more on guard' around him' it was the only conclusion that I reached.

I unleashed my blade high with one hand as the Sunrays reflected themselves upon it, I brought it down making a diagonal slack that cut a layer of the wall next to me.

"Just using a feat of anger to test the sword's sharpness" I muttered behind my face mask.

"What are we going to do now," Haku asked me in a voice that appeared a little playful.

" We move away and we wait, the target will arrive soon"

With this world, we started to wait.

Haku still seemed to be confident in our chance to win even though I told his opponents was going to be the host of a tailed beast.

His answer to that was that we could then flee and the mad beast will do the job in our place.

As for the boy with the Sharingan, he was confident to beat him with the information that I gave him.

I only hoped that she will follow the plan. things will not just turn sour and fate will not play jokes to correct my presence in this world.

So we waited and soon...

4