8- First meeting
198 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" They came..." I opened my eyes after hearing Haku's voice.

Sure enough, we could already see them from afar and while it was the case, they could already see us.

There were four people on the other side. An older-looking man with grey hair and a short beard was wearing a baggy shirt and from my memories, I recognized him as Tazuna, my mission's target.

The other people were wearing, the Konoha insignia on their foreheads. There was a girl with pink hair and a red dress, and a boy with somewhat spiky black hair, and black eyes; he was wearing an aquamarine shirt and a white shirt.

Finally, my inspecting gaze rested on the last member of the group. He was also the calmest of the group and he only became more vigilant after seeing the people who littered the ground. He had greyish hairs and half of his face was covered with a black face mask, with one eye hidden behind the same fabric.

Instead, he looked toward me and Haku.

While it was my first time meeting them in person, thank to Zabuza's memories and all the episode of the series that I watched, I instantly recrecognizedem as a member of Konoha's team 7, at least most of them.

Seeing Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura in front of me, what was happening to me felt even more surreal.

What was happening to me? My situation was questionable. Most of the enemies these people died despite their strength and strategy and here I was facing them.

My fate seemed like a joke.

' i need to focus 'is exactly what I did.

" Hidden mist technic" I made a rapid series of movements with my fingers. These actions while looking simple would have been impossible in my past life. My fingers were not that nimble back then.

In the blink of an eye, the mist surged seemingly out of nowhere, growing ticker by the second and covering a vast radius around two groups of people.

An ordinary person could not see farther than his nose. A Ninja could not see further than a ten-meter distance.

As for myself, I could see everything as clearly almost like the view on a sunny day.

The air became so moist that even our scent seemed to disappear.

I sighed in relief. It was strange but in the middle of the mist, I finally found a sense of safety and my worries started to evaporate. I grew calmer by the second.

I finally decided to step forward and Haku was following behind me.

From 'My' experience, I knew exactly the right time to release the mist depending on the situation.

I had to release the mist when the target was within its radius because no one will jumbo inside of a mist that appeared in front of them out of nowhere.

I also had to consider the speed of the target and the time that the target will use to leave my skill radius.

An unaware target will try to leave the mist's radius, turning its back toward the Hunter only to fall under his assault.

Memories from previous 'hunts' suddenly surfaced In my mind. I shook My head knowing that things could not be that simple in this case.

" Sakura, Sasuke, protect Tazuna!" Kakashi quickly ordered.

Following his instruction, they moved accordingly forming a triangular formation with Tazuna at the center.

" I guess that the Hit and run tactic will not work" I muttered to myself feeling a little sad.

I slowly advanced toward them until I arrived in plain sight. 

" We meet again" I lied through my teeth.

My voice sounded with a deep and malicious intent that will send shivers down my body.

I saw Sakura tremble slightly, but she remained firm on her feet. I looked at her further, examining every inch of her body. She seemed to sense my gaze and I'd made her shiver even more.

" Sakura! " Kakashi cried out and it is only then that she woke up from her trance.

' is this the effect of the legendary killing intent?' I was surprised.

I looked away from her, and my eyes met Kakashi's killer gaze. He was menacing looking and I almost flinched back.

But I knew that I could never step back at this moment, of showing weakness to my enemies or alerting my ally.

Instead, I looked at the black-haired boy who was 'shivering in excitement. There was no doubt that it was the sole survivor of the Uchiha's Massacre and the brother of Itachi Uchiha a member of Akatsuki.

If I accidentally killed him during this fight, I would have to face the relentless pursuit of his brother, or even worse, this entire world will be damned as he was in one of its chosen ones.

I felt sad for all the enemies, that had faced them. They were going against the entire universe.

" It seems like our battle did not end well last time," I said shamelessly.

" If I remember correctly, I Won while you lost," Kakashi said while looking straight at me.

I did not feel anger at all but I still grunted for show.

" It is because I was annoyed by some bug. But don't worry. This time, I will get rid of them first"

After I said that, my finger danced forming the series of hands that I had gotten the most familiar with during the past few days.

"Water clone Jutsu" I silently thought.

As soon as it was formed the two water clones that looked like an exact copy of myself launched themselves toward Sasuke and the blade fell.

Kakashi was facing me at that time ad if he moved, I will have the opportunity to attack my target.

He did not move. while moving a little part of his situation toward his student his gaze remained focused on me.

I knew exactly why he could do that.

At that moment, Sasuke did not remain idle.

With a burst of speed, he jumped. His legs lept forward as he evaded the sword strike.

While his body was in this tricky angle, a Kunai appeared in his hands and he used it to pierce through the body of a clone.

After that, he rotated in mid-air and his right leg seemed about to fall on the last clone's neck.

It was right at that moment that the clone reached his hands right in time and caught the young ninja's foot.

Sasuke grunted as the clone caught him, and threw him on the ground heavily.

The surprise could be seen on his face. It was important to know that while Zabuza's fitness was above his, giving an Advantage to his clone in that area, the water clone could not use chakra control and should have been slower than him during these bursts of speed.

There was only one situation in which the young guenin would have fallen behind.

" I guessed right, some progress you made" 

Kakashi could see the grin that became more evident behind Zabuza's mask.

But he could not care less about his opponent's gloating.

Sasuke still had his leg trapped under the water clone grip and the perfect copy of the kubikiribōchō was falling on his body...

5