9- Losing the initiative
121 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt a little proud of myself. I had managed to catch Sasuke off guard and it seemed like he was at my mercy.

Seeing, the look of shock on everyone's faces, I could not feel more pleased.

While it was true that the water clone was limited in comparison to the original body, I discovered during the last few days that the water clone could go stronger under the effect of my talent 'dual Soul', almost reaching the level of a shadow clone.

It still could not use chakra, it will disappear after one good hit, but I could control it better.

It almost felt like an additional body with an additional brain. There was almost no delay from the transmission of my thoughts to the execution of the action by the two bodies.

I also had no difficulties while treating all the received information at the same time.

At this moment, the tip of my blade was falling and it seemed like it was going to transpierce the Uchiha boy.

But while I said earlier that I wanted to get rid of him, and I was doing my all just to achieve that, some part of me still knew that it would not be that easy.

Two projectiles suddenly came flying toward the water clone. With a shake of the hand, the clone moved its copy of the kubikiribōchō deflecting the kunai that was going toward his neck and blocking the one that was targeting its chest.

From the perspective of the clone, I frowned knowing that it was not good for me.

The sword was still flying down, but after the earlier interruption, I had already lost the initiative.

The Boy had managed to find recover its bearing. He flew and his body almost rotated around the leg that I held. It was enough for the sword to barely miss. But it was not the end.

He finally turned around in midair and I finally saw what he had relied upon to achieve this feat.

'So this is what the Sharingan looks like I thought as I saw his red pupil eyes.

It was my first time seeing the Sharingan up so close and certainly not the last.

It was at that moment, that Sasuke back kicked the blunt side of the sword almost sending it flying.

My grip tightened around the handle of the sword and I was about to swing it again when another kunai was launched toward me.

Things happened too fast and before It could do anything the kunai pierced through the water clone.

The Clone looked toward their attacker who was no one other than Kakashi who had diverted his attention in other to save his students.

Their eyes met, and just like a grin so wide that even the mask made of bandaging could not hide appeared on the water clone's face before it dissolved into water.

( Change of pov)

Kakashi suddenly had a bad feeling after meeting the gaze of the water clone.

From moment, the fight started for no more than thirty seconds, and the enemies had somehow taken the initiative since the start putting him and his students in a tense situation.

' there is something strange with this water clone Jutsu Kakashi thought quickly.

But he could not dwell on this for too long.

While it was important to note any details during a fight, it was even more important to react accordingly and fast enough.

Seeing the grin on the water clone's face, Kakashi knew that Zabuza had somehow anticipated his intervention.

' he is even more shrewd and less straightforward than the last time...'

Kakashi had just been distracted by the situation on Sasuke's side for some seconds.

But he had barely resolved that situation when he found that Zabuza, the original Zabuza had disappeared.

He could hear the sound of the sword cutting through the air.

Kakashi moved with his highest speed after locating his enemy.

It almost seemed like he had used teleportation.

The next moment the sound of clanging metal echoed in the middle of the mist.

Their two figures appeared once again.

The blade was placed diagonally millimeters away from Tazuna's cheek, leaving a shallow cut and a line of blood.

Zabuza looked troubled toward Kakashi who stood just before Tazuna, holding onto a kunai. A shadow cut was also left on the sleeve of his black shirt

Despite the difference in size between their weapons, Kakashi did not relent. Holding onto the kunai with his right hand, and supporting the first hand with the other one, he managed to hold on.

If he had been a second late, Tazuna would have died and his team would have failed its mission.

Kakashi knew that the only reason why he had managed to arrive at that time, was that the assassin had been indecisive.

It almost seemed like he had hesitated at the last second.

' what is wrong with this guy?' Kakashi thought but his thought did not wander as he remained focused on the fight.

After escaping death once again by the hair, Tazuna lost his balance and fell on the ground right on its buttock. He could not help but touch his cheeks in shock. He could slowly feel a warm liquid touching his cheeks.

As for Zabuza, in front of them, he had a forlorn expression.

" Plan B failed, it is time for plan C " Zabuza muttered under his breath.

3