Chapter 74: World War
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Sorry for the delay in chapters. I am currently running for City Council and the election is today. It has been taking up all my free time. Cross your fingers and wish me luck. Enjoy the chapter. Releases shouls start up normally soon. Thanks!*

rFxIE8l.png

Mama grunted as the medics placed some wraps around her arm. The wet, stinging smell of the bandages hit her honed nose like a freight truck. She winced and turned her head. It smelled like burnt mint, and it burned deep into her nose. They wrapped all the way up her arm, running a small device over her body.

One of the Anthro-Cat Medics scoffed, “Quit crying, you big baby.” He finished the wraps and grabbed a large metal device, “Just be happy it wasn’t a direct hit. Your whole body could be a stain on the street right now.” He clamped the metal device down on Mama’s arm. The machine hissed and hummed.

“What’s this?” Mama questioned him as she looked at the metal contraption keeping her arm locked in place.

“It’s a splint that will compression heal your arm, there’s some needles inside that will inject some healing agents, rebuilding your arm in no time. Very expensive, very rare. You’re lucky. We just nabbed it from some corpo convoy trying to hop worlds.”

“Compression healing?” Mama just got the words out as the hissing and humming stopped, and the whole metal contraption sucked down onto her arm, pressing every broken bone and shredded muscle. Needles pierced her skin, injecting all sorts of chemicals that raced about her bloodstream. The pain was more severe than any she ever felt. Mama roared out.

Everyone in the dropship covered their ears, trying to drown out the deafening cries of Mama.

The medic looked over the machine once Mama stopped howling, “Everything looks good.” He turned to Yami, “Your turn. I hope you’re not as touchy.”

Yami backed up, holding his arms up in protest, “No, I think I’m good here. Just some light bleeding.”

The medic grabbed Yami and plopped him down on his ass, “Light bleeding my ass, you took a high caliber to your shoulder and shin. We need to fix this before you bleed out. We need every fighting body we can get.”

Yami meowed out in pain as they wrapped up his wounds, injecting him with all sorts of drugs. The finished my waving a small vial of Huff into the duo’s noses. The pain subsided as a coolness took over.

The medic smiled, “Finished, just take it easy for a bit, okay? You’ll be fine.”

Azura’s voice flashed over the coms, “You may wan’ to see dis.” The vidscreens lit up in the back of the air car; all eyes landed on the images flashing before them.

Some Gellys were standing behind a row of Corpo execs, and the Mayor of Carpetree. A man with blonde, flowing locks and striking blue eyes stood with a cross shaped sword, monologuing into the camera.

“Show yourself now, before we kill everyone on this rock. Your choice, Gabriel. We know you are hiding here. Come on out.” He smiled and with the flick of his wrist, he sliced clean through the mayor’s neck. “Your choice.” The vid screens faded to black.

Mama cocked her head, “Who’s Gabriel? Do we know this person?” Her mind raced to figure out where she heard of the name. That Michael the Pious was a crazy man, plunging the moon into more disaster.

“Not dat I know of. No one dat belongs to de Meowtlaws.” Azura’s thick accent vibrated over the coms, “At least we know what dey look fo’.”

Mama’s eyebrows furrowed as she thought of the name. Gabriel. It sounded familiar to her, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. It was on the edge of her mind, escaping everything. All she knew was that this wasn’t good. Corpos and Gellys fighting each other now, along with the Meowtlaws. This was going to be a disaster for everyone caught in the middle.

Boom.

The air car shook about as an explosion blew out a nearby building, sending a shockwave out.

Azura piped up again, “Crazy bumbaclot. Everyone ‘ang on tight. Der’s a war zone ahead.”

Mama and Yami peeked out the windows at all the buildings flying by. They were passing a Corpo headquarters, Hogg Industries. Gunfire broke out in the cold, damp streets. Corpo units were taking to their own vehicles, blasting away at Gellys dropships zipping through the air. Rockets blazed out, some connecting to their targets, others flying wide and exploding buildings, rocking craters in the sides of the structures.

Gellys retaliated, blasting as much ordinance at the ground forces of Corporate headquarters. Launching rockets deep into the building. Bishops dropped down and engaged in fighting. Basement garage doors opened and Corpo tanks rolled out, blasting away at the dropships.

“Holy hell.” Yami whispered as they zipped past, leaving the carnage behind. “It’s a world war now.” He thought of his mom as the landscape passed by. Was she safe? Was she caught up in this? He couldn’t tell, he couldn’t call her with the Gelly signals blocking out coms.

He stiffened his body. He had a job to do first. He had to free this moon from those that took his freedom. His eyes flicked to some bright lights above. High up in the atmosphere, explosions rocked about. Flashes of light followed by faint sounds.

Mama joined his side, “Their fighting up in space now. This is going to end poorly for everyone. The Corpos must have had word to fight back. Sad day for everyone.”

A large ship engulfed with flame began to descend from the sky, flames dancing about as it entered the atmosphere and plummeted down to the moon. Explosions rocked her and there. Escape pods blasted out before the ship was fully engulfed in flame, some exploded as they tried to escape their fate.

The air car raced out of the city, staying low, cruising over the icy countryside. The ship roared overhead, heading deeper out into the icy wilderness, disappearing behind a mountain.

Mama stepped up to the cockpit, “Where are we going?”

Azura turned her head, “Were late. We were needed at de power station an hour ago. Your friends need assistance.”

Mama nodded, “Then let’s go assist.” She gulped hard. It was going to be a hell of a reunion explaining this mess to Captain Uwu.

aXh52q8.png

0