Chapter 78: Meowt of Time
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

qoBTdwj.png

Bodies crammed packed tight in a city square when shit hit the fan was a recipe for disaster. Trash littered the grassy ground as Uwu tried to keep up with Yeti, dodging running civilians and keeping his head on a swivel for the unmarked military force that raided the protest event.

Foomp, foomp, foomp.

Steel canisters flew through the air, crashing down around the crowd.

Psssssssss.

Gas began to fill the air, lending out coughs to all those poor enough to breath in the air. More shouts and screams rang out around Uwu. He stopped in a small clearing, coming face to face with two unmarked militants. Black gas masks and goggles obscured their faces. Helmets protected their heads and flack armor protected the rest of their bodies as they strode through the gas that began dispersing to an even greater area.

One of the militants whipped out a stun baton that sizzled with electricity. The other held back, holding his rifle close to his chest, his arms twitching at the chance to use it. Uwu covered his muzzle, trying ineffectively to block out the gas.

“Cugh, cuoughl.” Uwu started to cough, his eyes tearing up, burning in the smoke.

“I’ll round this one up with the others. Fuck this inhuman trash. They deserve less.” The militant raised his baton high, ready to strike the Anthro-Fox down.

An amplified shout came from deep within the smoke, “Hey, bitch face! Screeee!” A high pitched whine buried itself deep in the ears of those around.

The militant turned to the sound of the voice, his facemask instant shattering, blood misting outwards as he fell down limp in front of Uwu. The Fox staggered to his knees in front of the body. He could see the bloody pulp of a face behind that gruesome mask, blood dripping down into the grass below.

A dark figure came sprinting through the smoke, sliding on the grass to his knees right in front of Uwu.

The second militant fumbled with his gun, “We got terrorists here! Bravo down!”

The dark figure fired a few more shots, dropping the militant as quick as the first. The gunshots blasted into Uwu’s ears, instantly ringing them like a church bell.4

A grey paw swiped at the mask of the dead man in front of him, using its claws to slice off the straps of the gas mask. The figure pressed the mask up to Uwu’s face. Uwu grabbed the mask and pressed hard onto his face, taking a deep breath.

“Chillax, man, I got you.”

White liquid poured into Uwu’s eyes, relieving the burning sensation enough for Uwu to see again. The dark figure was the Grey cat with a wet bandana wrapped around his face, sticking to his mouth as he spoke.

“This your first rodeo, muchacho? I’ve been in a dozen of these scrapes. Let’s get your ass up!” Yeti hoisted Uwu to his feet. He pressed his free hand against his head, “Sucker! You analyze the bullet trajectory yet? Tell me you got something.”

Uwu took more deep breaths from the mask, staring down at the dead man below him. It was a clean-shaven human. Young, with so much potential to go on. Now, he was dead. Tears began to form in the corners of his eyes. Why did the world behave like this? Why did humans hate them so much?

Yeti nodded, “Red building, south side of the square. Get your ass moving, Red!” Yeti tugged the fox along towards the southern building. They dodged fellow Anthros here and there, trying to avoid any more militants. Gunfire raked out behind them where they had just killed the two unmarked soldiers. Something was going down now. Uwu hoped it wasn’t more innocents getting killed.

The smoke finally cleared up as they neared the edge of the park. They ducked near a concrete planter with some bushes and trees in it, catching their breath as they peek out of cover. Across the street was the red building. Uwu tossed his mask aside and took a deep breath of fresh air.

Yeti lowered his wet bandana, “We got some reinforcements meeting up with us across the street. You okay to do this? You look frazzled. You can always run out of here and leave this work to the pros. We can avenge your girlfriend…”

“Don’t you fucking talk about her.” Uwu snarled at Yeti, “I can… no, I will kill whoever it is that murdered my friend. Don’t you worry about me like I’m some child. Get fucked. I’m going in there whether you like it or not.” Uwu’s eyes never backed down, burning deep into Yeti.

Yeti smiled devilishly, “Fucking right! That’s what I like to here, Foxy Boy!” He punched Uwu in the arm playfully. “We’re out of time. It’s now or never. Let’s fucking go!” Yeti psyched himself up by punching his chest a few times before leaping over the planter and rushing out into the street.

Uwu followed suit, his anger pushing his body forwards. He glanced up the building and could see one window open, curtains flapping out with the breeze. There he was. It had to be the killer. Uwu’s hand clenched tight around the pistol he carried. It was time to enact justice. If the world wasn’t going to give it to him. He was going to take it.

As the duo made their way across the street, a few more black hooded figures joined up with them at the doorway to the red building.

Yeti stepped aside as an extremely large Anthro-Cat moved towards the door, “Dutch, my girl, would you please do the honors?” He gestured to the door blocking their way in.

“Hmm.” The massive white cat pushed everyone aside as she pulled a massive gun to bear. Blue lights streaked out in a massive arc, cutting clean through the door. Dutch lowered her shoulder and crashed though the remains of the door.

“Wowwee, top of the line tech we boosted from some military convoy. Glad we did. Things a fucking beast!” Yeti jumped over some rubble and followed the other Anthro-Cats inside. He turned to the young Fox, “You coming, or did you get cold feet? Ha!”

Uwu glanced back up at the curtains flowing in the wind. 5th floor. That’s where he would find the killer. That’s where he would get his answer as to what the hell was going on here. The answers as to why his friend had to die.

Uwu raised his gun smiled, “Let’s kill this bitch.”

p9sLh2g.png

0