The Onmyouji
170 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Red's POV]

The Policemen investigating me suddenly dropped and fell asleep.

As if something hit them. They just dropped on the spot. Seeing an opportunity, I reach my hands out to his pocket and took the keys to free myself.

[Child, we hast company hither.]

I noticed something moving across the precinct in my direction.

I crouch and hid, whispering out: "Ryong."

The Keychain appears on my hand as I place It on my face, transforming it into a mask.

The wolf managed to pick up on my whispers and lunged at me.

I grabbed a book and stuff it in between his teeth and I got knocked out of the investigation room, to the main entrance.

As I got up from lying down. Behind me was a human girl. Wearing a cap and jacket to hide her identity.

She was also holding a weapon. A staff?

She swings the staff and slams it against my arm.

Klunk-!!!

I guard the impact with the back of the glove and gave her___

[Jab]

It missed her as something swung from below hit my chin.

*TWAKPH*

Giving me whiplash.

The wolf came to finish me but the girl lift her hands up signaling a no.

"Let's see what he got."

As she challenges me by sticking out her index finger and signaling me to come for her.

I still couldn't understand what hit me as I get up and position myself.

[The girl's an Onmyouji. But seems like she's trying to test your strength. She's looking down on you.]

"What do I look out for."

[The weapon. It is not what it seems.]

I dashed to my opponent and start striking.

[Jab]

- Missed

[Cross]

- Missed

[Left hook]

- Missed

She dodged it by going under and slamming the staff at my shin.

"URGHHH!!!!"

I screamed in pain as my leg starts to swell.

"That's all you had from someone who stole our dungeon?"

"What are you talking about? It's still there!"

"Once a dungeon boss is killed, the dungeon gate disappears." She replied.

"And you stole it from us. I waited in this small pathetic, humid country waited to find that dungeon."

She stabs the floor with the pole right next to my neck. Creating a crack in the floor.

"But you. Do you think you can just waltz in here and steal it? Who do you think you are, challenging me with just a simple boxing moves."

She takes a closer look at my mask and spoke.

"That mask..., are you from the Chinese division or the Korean division? You can't be from Japan either, can you?"

I remained silent.

"If you won't talk, I will keep you from talking from now on."

As she lifts the pole to stab me, I kicked her legs, disorientating her.

From there I shift myself up to safety and stood up.

My Opponent took out her staff and point it at me.

At this point, Ryong spoke.

[Use thou legs, Red.]

I flinched, worrying that my injury will act up again.

[Worry not, I shall keep your legs safe.]

Hearing that, I switched my style up.

From guarding up and keeping my legs low, I start making tiny hop as I look at my opponent while relaxing my arms and warming up my legs.

"Oh!?"

"What you gonna do now?" She replied, taunting me.

I bolted about 1-1.5m in front of the girl, as I swing my legs executing a low kick.

The girl got a hold of this and took the staff to block it.

However, it was a feint, while still in the motion of the kick, using my knees as the pivoting point, I shift my leg in a new position. Aiming at her face and kicking her.

Registered:

[Low Right Kick]

[Right Roundhouse Kick]

[Question Mark Kick]

However, she reacted fast enough that it only hit her chin, as she took a huge step back off.

"That's a surprise."

She says,  wiping her chin with the back of her hand.

She reveals her staff.

She started mumbling and peeling off a talisman from the staff.

The staff then revealed itself. It's a 3-section staff.

In between those staffs are rings that join the weapon together. Originally the staff can only be seen in black and covered with talismans in their 2 sections.

Now that the weapon is released,  you can see the symbol of flame calved out, in red at the top and bottom of the 3 staffs.

"So that's how she got me just now."

Now what.

She zigzags towards me and starts to swing the tri-sector staff.

It was fast, I really couldn't make out when the staff is going to land on me.

[Tri-Sector Staff Skill - Whipping Stab Combo]

Consist:

[Tri-Sector Staff Skill - Rotation Whip] + [Staff Technique - Power Stab]

A skill where the Staff extends fully, creating a motion similar to a whip, landing a powerful blow on the target. As the Target is damaged. Follow up with a Stab to the chest of the target.

The attack landed on my face, followed by a blow to my stomach.

It hit my solar plexus, deeming it hard for me to breathe.

As I tried to recover from the damage, standing up.

The Onmyouji girl whistled and slowly walks up to me and threw another attack.

[Tri-Sector Staff Skill - Staff Grip]

Using the chain in between the Staffs, use it as a rope to grip the target.

She gripped my arm using the staff, pulled me towards her, and lands with a short staff strike.

Klunck-!!

I blocked with my gloves and retaliated.

[Sidekick]

I kicked her in the stomach and she began to feel the impact of the blow.

I followed up with a blow from below.

[Right-Uppercut]

It landed right on her chin the 2nd time, as she take her weapon and swing it at me.

I blocked it with my gloves and retreat 3-4 feet behind.

As she holds her Staff and lowers her stance.

Suddenly her entire body stopped and she slips and fell.

With no strength to pull herself up. I saw it as an advantage and bolted straight for her to finish it.

*SCRTCHHHH*

As I got scratched from behind by the Wolf.

The beast took a step in front of its master and started growling. I had no strength to pull myself up, so I backed off.

The beast then grabbed the girl by the collar and below he runs off, glaring at me.

I stare back at it with no fear, gripping my fist in anger. After glaring at me, it retreats with its master.

As I sat down to catch my breath, noticing that the tri-sector staff was on the floor and left behind.

"Ryong, can you keep this for me."

I asked Ryong as I picked up the weapon.

[Sure.]

The weapon and gloves both disappeared as I left the area, taking my mask out in secret.

"Kazue Inada, I swear I will make sure you stay on the floor the next time we meet."

I swear, promising myself that I wouldn't look this pathetic ever again.

Ryong kept quiet the entire time as we slowly walked back to my room.

[??'s POV]

"That was an interesting fight. I came here trying to gather info but instead witness something fun. A nameless one from god knows where and a Close Combat Onmyouji. Look's like Japan's already here."

"Well no matter, we'll just see what happens next then plan ahead."

"With that said...., I better check what that mysterious mask is. Though the wearer was fighting, I was certain, the painting eyes of the mask. They were staring at me."

"Hu Hu Hu."

8