Marceline
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The library shook violently while the ground seemingly collapsed as chains emerged from the ground and ploughed through the castle, floor after floor, demolishing the entire castle in the process while having the sharp end attaching itself to the tallest part of the exterior castle.

Red being forcibly possessed previously, suddenly regains his consciousness. However, his body was in such agonizing pain that he was not able to exert any strength on his leg, forcing him to sit on the ground as the event transpired. Even while observing what was happening, he was barely awake due to how much the battle had taken a toll on him.

Along with the chains, something else was smashing through each floor of the castle as the rumbling was getting closer to both Red and the queen.

THUMP

The rumbling finally caught up as breaking through the ground of the library was a huge black cube. The chains that were moving constantly, stopped their movement as the cube came to a halt directly where the library was.

Looking at the cube, Red observed his surroundings, trying to find what triggered it.

Shining brightly at the corner of his eyes, he turned and looked at what was blinking brightly.

The book is labelled: Marceline's Diary.

The rumbling finally stopped as the cube remained motionless in mid-air, bounded by the chain. Using every ounce of strength left in his body, Red dragged his body desperately in the direction where the book was. With every step he took heavier than the one before, he stood right before the book grabbing it. Pages of the book flipped open violently as lights poured out of the pages, blinding anyone who tried to read it. 

However, Red's mask was able to shield his eyesight as he began reading the words written in the book:

"expergiscimini."

Upon uttering these words, cracks started forming around the black cube as it ultimately shattered, revealing a coffin. The same chains that pierced through each floor of the castle were originally wrapped in the coffin. The chains then began to unwrap themselves from the coffin and slowly descend to the ground.

Red drops the book onto the ground as he makes his way to where the coffin is.

But before he was able to take another step forward, something flew right past his head, scraping past his mask.

"Step back away from that coffin... please."

Facing to his left was the sight of the fallen vampire queen. Her once young and beautiful features were now reverted to an old woman with wrinkles surrounding her body. Her physique shrunk along with her body as it was reduced to seemingly bones. 

[Seems like her magic is keeping her alive.]

Red walked towards where the queen lay as he stared down at her face.

In desperation, the queen spoke with a weak voice.

 

"Please... Kill me instead but leave that coffin alone."

However, Red ignored her and walked away. After all, those defeated have no right to command the victors.

Walking straight to the coffin, Red summoned his spear, Stix, once again and poured what mana he had left in the weapon. Cold wind gathers at the tip of the spear as it glows brightly. Ice began forming at the surrounding ground while the temperature of the room started dropping drastically with every step he walked.

[Judging by how she's been trying to protect that coffin. Looks like the Progenitor is resting inside after all.]

'Time to end this once and for all.'

Kicking the coffin lid away, Red raised the spear charged with the cold mana, ready to strike when he halted abruptly.

Lying in the coffin revealed a young girl around 12 to 13 years old that had a natural white long hair, slumbering peacefully inside it. 

'The fabled scary vampire... was a small girl?'

[Nono. This is someone else. Although... her magic power is rather ___ ]

Before Ryong was able to finish his sentence, the defeated queen interrupted both of them who were still in their train of thoughts.

"What you seek is not here. The lord abandoned us in ages past, casting us into eternal darkness, nearly extinguishing the remnants of our existence."

Lifting her mangled body, the vampire queen placed her body upright, inhaling a deep breath before continuing her speech.

"I know you have been seeking for clues of the whereabouts of our Progenitor."

"!"

"Do you think you are the only one who knows about the existence of the Vampire mages?"

Red walked towards the fallen queen and stood right before her. Lifting his mask off his face, the face returned to its default form of a keychain as he hung it on his waist. 

"So that's how you look like mage...You have a pretty average face for an Asian, Ha ha ha___ *Cough* 

The queen spoke while coughing out blood sustained from her injury.

"Who is she?" Red asked firmly. 

"... She is his blood daughter."

"Why was she sealed then?"

"How are vampires formed?" The queen asked.

"Through bites since vampires can't repr___??!"

"You've discerned rather quickly, mage. Yes. She is the rightful heir to the throne, heralding the return of darkness as the daughter of the First Progenitor. She is a Progenitor, bearing the weight of her lineage."

"So why seal her?"

"In the madness that consumed our lord, she alone held the potential to halt his slaughter. While he vanished, never to be seen again, sealing her away became the only means to ensure he'd never locate her, no matter what. How you broke the seal eludes me, but with the resurgence of vampire mages and their goal to revive our lord, I'd wager my life they seek her to awaken Lord Vasilius."

"What if I just end her life here and then? They wouldn't be able to resurrect him right?"

"It would thwart their schemes hinges on preventing the lord's awakening. However, the moral dilemma arises: can you take the life of an innocent being without cause? The progenitor abstains from consuming human blood, having never harmed or killed anyone. Are you willing to take the life of the innocent for the greater good?"

The queen smiled as she stared at Red's face as he was faced with the option of morality. Kill the innocent to save his people or let his people suffer because he was not able to kill for the greater good. She expected his face to be someone filled with frustration due to being conflicted internally. Yet her expectation failed which resulted in her reaction being met with shock.

The human gave no reaction. If anything, he was seemingly more annoyed than conflicted. His eyebrows twitched while veins were popping out from his head. He was annoyed. During her time as a queen, this was not a face that she would see due to the vampire's loyalty. Yet that face was powerful enough to force her to lower her head as though she caused trouble for someone. Truly a one-of-a-kind experience one would feel.

"In that case, I'm gonna take her with me out of here then. At least she won't be influenced by you bloodsuckers." Red said as he stood up and made his way towards the coffin.

????

The queen was met with great confusion as her mind went completely blank. All she could do at that point was watch Red slowly walk away. A crow's chirping was what broke the silence that brought the queen back.

"What do you mean you will take her out of here? An army of them will hunt you down looking for her!"

"I'll keep her safe."

"How? By handing her over to the Ministry of Magic? They would execute her immediately... Unless that's what you want to do? Let others dirty their hands for you? How despica___"

Before she finished her sentence, a ray of light was blasted in between her and Red, drawing a line horizontally, separating them.

"Don't misunderstand here. I can kill her with no issue, but I do not kill the innocent."

Red replied, retrieving his hand which threw the [Magic Missile] earlier on. He equipped his mask once again while he carried the slumbering vampire on his back.

Footsteps could be heard from the bottom level just as Red removed the girl from the coffin. Turning his head towards the queen, he asked: 

"Let me out of here safely."

"Why would I do that?"

"If not, your precious princess is going to be discovered."

"How would that matter to me?"

"You hid her for a reason, there's no way you would allow your subjects to find out about her...yet. Besides, you already knew that there might already be traitors among your subjects, am I wrong?"

"You really are smarter than you look."

[That I agree.]

'Shaddup.'

Lifting her hand, the queen waved it, summoning a cloud of bats. The bats hovered in the corner of the library where part of the wall was broken and exposed, transforming into a carriage.

"Go."

Red nodded his head and opened the door of the carriage, placing the girl inside it. Before heading into it himself, the queen called for him.

"Please... give this to her. To my daughter, Marceline."

The queen reached her hands out, throwing something towards Red. As he grabbed it, he headed straight into the carriage, closing the door. Footsteps increased towards the direction where the library was as soldiers and vampire nobles all came to see who or what attacked the queen.

But as they set foot in the library, the outsider was already long gone.

Inside the carriage, Red raised his hand to see what was passed on to him. It was a letter.

[Judging by how old the paper looked, the queen must have had this on her all this time.]

As he looked around making sure there was no sign of danger. Red lay against the carriage as he closed his eyes and dozed off. He was finally able to have a moment needed for a small nap.

***

[Red's POV]

Thump

"My head... Ow."

I was knocked awake when my head slammed against the carriage, instantly waking me up from my nap.

Looking out the window, the scenery of buildings and shop houses was in sight as lights that sparkled as stars shone everywhere. Looks like we are back in London.

As I heaved a sigh of relief, suddenly the back of the carriage was hit by something.

THUMP

 

"Shit."

The back of the carriage was caught on fire while the front wheels were destroyed.

As the carriage nosedive towards the ground, I grabbed the girls and kicked the door open, immediately jumping out of the carriage as it smashed to the ground and exploded into smithereens.

Jumping right on top of one of the buildings, I covered the girl's head as we crashed directly on the roof. 

Although the landing was rough, other than some scratches and bruises, there were surprisingly no other serious injuries. I went ahead to check the slumbering girl if there was any injury on her as well. Thankfully nothing as well.

Then bloodlust manifested directly behind me.

Dragging Naga out of my inventory, I poured my mana into the sword, extending the blade, and swung it behind me.

My attack was parried as the blade bounced off the attacker, leaving my body exposed.

The figure flew straight in as they unsheathed their blades, aiming for my body, only for me to parry their attack with Fang in its dagger form.

"Hey, you're pretty good."

"Don't compliment the enemy, you idiot."

Emerging out from the shadow were a man and a woman covered in a cloak. The dark-skinned woman was welding a Greatsword while the ginger-haired male was welding a rapier.

Although they were covered in black cloaks, you could still make out what their physiques looked like.

The dark-skinned woman had a slender build and was slightly shorter than me in height but she had enough strength to swing the Greatsword around like nothing.

The ginger-haired male was huge compared to the woman as his broad shoulders were protruding out of the cloak while his biceps were visible from the suit he was wearing. Although he was huge, he was fast enough to swing that rapier with tremendous speed despite his huge size.

It was funny since both of their weapons seemed to be much more suited for the other party.

The woman stepped forward and placed her Greatsword on the ground. 

"By the order of the Roundtable. We are bringing you and that girl in, Masked Awakener."

'Blue. Keep her safe in the other world.'

[*Roger Master.*]

As she said that, a portal appeared next to me and I tossed the girl into the portal.

[Naga Equipped]

[Fang (Dagger) Equipped]

As I held on to my swords, I placed Naga on the ground, and with my 2 fingers, I signalled both of them to come for me.

2