Chapter 51
3.9k 6 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 51

Some days later

Ellis was sitting in her history class; she had opted to learn about the history of the world, but she had had a thought,

"It’s weird…."

She murmured….

It’s been weeks since she enrolled in the academy with Freya, and since then, she's been expecting Freya to call her out to humiliate her or just torture her for her sick entertainment.

The academy offered an unimaginable amount of freedom to its students; they didn’t interfere in the affairs of the students, and in a world where aura and monsters roamed without restraint, it was necessary to make the students tough from the get-go.

They wouldn’t care if two students fought to their deaths or something like that. Unless they are on academy premises, they would try to protect the lives of students in most cases, but students must learn who to offend and who not to in the long run if they wish to achieve greater heights.

Freya had been quiet these days, even in class. Whenever Ellis saw her, she would always be in a state of deep pondering, not even listening to the teacher most of the time.

It’s fine if it’s just limited to that, but...

By now in the novel, Freya should have been slapped in the face many times by the heroine for her evil deeds, but not once has such a situation arisen. She had been able to avoid almost all of these events where the heroine let her slap her or humiliate her; it was disturbing and irritating to Ellis. How was Freya able to avoid all the events?

Freya seemed to be more focused, and none of the scenes in the novel where she would be humiliated happened; she seemed to be focusing on improving herself instead.

‘Don’t tell me, it’s because of me’ Ellis had a bad omen; why was Freya being so calm?

As she finished the class, she went out...

The next few hours were free for Ellis. She could do whatever she wanted at this time.

"I think I should join a club that is related to major events in the future; this way, even as a side character, I would be able to maximize my gains." Ellis carefully planned in her head how she could improve herself; she knew breaking free of the slave crest would take time, so in the meanwhile, she must do whatever she could to improve herself and increase her chances of survival in this world.

As she was in her thoughts as to which club was the best... She didn’t realize that she had bumped into someone in front of her.

"Uh-!" Ellis stumbled a little and looked ahead.

She looked up, and her face paled to see Freya in front of her looking at Ellis with her black and ominous yet beautiful eyes.

"I-I am sorry, milady." Ellis quickly bowed and apologized,

‘Fuck! Fuck! I am doomed now! What is she going to do now!?' Ellis was mentally screaming inside, with tension rising in her head.

Freya didn’t say anything and just stared at her for a moment before she, out of nowhere, pulled Ellis into a deep and tight hug.

"M-MILADY!" Ellis squeaked in surprise due to the sudden hug,

She tried to move away, but to no avail as Freya’s grip was absurdly firm; even after Ellis had made some progress since the last time, she still couldn’t budge.

As Ellis was in shock and wondering what to do about this sudden hug she was pulled into, she felt something wet on her neck; it seemed Freya, the monster bichon, was shedding tears.

‘What the ‘

‘What’s going on!?!?!?’ Ellis was extremely shocked by Freya's sudden intimacy!

‘Is this another one of her schemes or plays? Crocodile tears perhaps…? It is hard to even believe for me, someone who had read the whole novel, to ever imagine her out of all to shed a single tear. Ellis wasn’t to be swayed by some tears or hugs, considering what she had suffered.

She was just planning to see what it was that was making Freya shed a tear. Things were getting abnormal; the plot was slowly deviating from its original path.

She knew her presence had caused some butterfly effect or something, but she must see to it later.

Ellis noticed the male students glancing their way while walking in the hallway with eyes filled with lust.

After all, why won’t they stare? Ellis’ breasts were squished against Freya's, and her hand on Ellis’ back just above her butt made the scene a sight of paradise for the boys and girls looking on.

She didn’t know what was up with her nowadays, but she released the hug thankfully and left without saying anything. not before giving a long stare and mumbling something, a small amount of moisture still in her eye.

Ellis quickly escaped as well from that embarrassing situation. She will look into it later.

-----------

"I was thinking of joining a small and peaceful club rather than a chaotic one with many members." Ellis thought as she stuttered through a path with many students advertising their clubs.

"And the only club I could think of that would suit my conditions would be the "Nemesis Research Society." Ellis concluded soon enough; she already had one club in her mind.

This club is dedicated to studying monsters.

Monster….

In the world of Aura, monsters are a constant threat to the safety of the people. These mindless beasts are attracted to pure aura and will stop at nothing to consume it. This often leads them to attack aura masters, who are the only ones with the strength and ability to defeat them.

_____________________

To read the next chapters in advance, subscribe to my Patreon Page: https://tinyurl.com/atlasnovel

69