Chapter 53
2.6k 2 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 53

"Don't worry about that. As long as you have a genuine curiosity and desire to learn, that's all that matters. Plus, we have members with various levels of knowledge and experience. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn and grow with us."

 

"I see. Well, in that case, I think I would like to join. How do I go about it?"

 

"Great! All you have to do is fill out this application and hand it to me. We'll review it, and you can join immediately afterward."

 

"Okay, I'll do that." "Thank you for the opportunity, senior."

 

"No problem. I'm looking forward to having you as a member of the Nemesis Research Society. Welcome aboard!"

Ellis observed Maya, and she looked quite athletic despite being in a research-oriented club.

Maya is a tall and slender woman with long, flowing black hair that falls down her back in waves. She has piercing green eyes that seem to be able to see right through you and a sharp, angular face with high cheekbones. Despite her slender frame, Maya's thighs are plump and muscular due to her extensive training in combat and her research into monsters. She is a senior at the Aura Academy and has been the president of the Monster Research Society for the past three years. Despite the challenges and obstacles she has faced in her role, Maya remains dedicated and determined to uncover the secrets of these ancient and mysterious beasts.

Maya and the other members of the Monster Research Society quickly reviewed the details she had filled out on the application form and allowed me to become an official member. They gave Ellis her first task as a member: to visit the library and research the history and origins of monsters on the academy's campus.

The academy campus was huge, considering it was a whole damn continent, so I chose a specific area inside the campus to search on.

The Aura Academy didn't exterminate these monsters; they could have easily done so, but they believed that these monsters could serve as a proper challenge to the students.

The academy often sent its students on various missions to hunt these monsters; sometimes it would be for an examination, sometimes it would be for a club like Alchemy or Enchantment to send their members to get materials or ask other clubs to get them materials in exchange for potions or weapons crafted by them.

In this era where steam engines were already coming into day-to-day life slowly, many new things were being invented daily, whether useful or useless, and people often liked to collect such things to be identified uniquely from their peers.

This was not just limited to this; even nobles of various empires had such habits, which led to a very wide trade network between empires.

Everyone wanted to be unique after all.

As Ellis was about to do the work given to her, she suddenly realised something.

"I think it's about the time where 'that' event occurs, right; it's around the time where the great political intrigue occurs in the novel; the academy will soon be in chaos... I should start my preparations for it as well... Despite my attempts to not get involved with main heroines, I should still earn some benefits for myself, especially after being in such bad luck since I came to this damn world...

Ellis was thinking about a future event about to happen, and she seemed resolved to make the best of it despite her trashy luck and fate.

But what is this event that Ellis is thinking about?

 

----------

As a member of the Nemesis Research Society, I was creating a catalog of all the known monsters within the academy's continent, as this seemed more useful than just starting on some specific area instead without proper knowledge about the basics. This was no easy feat, as there were countless different types of monsters, each with unique characteristics and abilities.

 

I started by dividing the monsters into categories based on their strength and intelligence. At the top of the list were the monsters that were considered the most dangerous and difficult to defeat, such as the ancient dragons and the powerful elementals. These monsters were often found in the most remote and inhospitable parts of the continent and were avoided by most aura masters.

 

Next on the list were the more common monsters, such as the giant beasts and the undead. These monsters were still formidable foes, but they were not as powerful as the ancient dragons and elementals. Of course, there were exceptions among the undead known to be even stronger than dragons. They could be found in a variety of different locations and were often encountered by aura masters on their quests.

 

Finally, there were the weaker monsters, such as the lesser beasts and the mindless undead. These monsters posed little threat to experienced aura masters and were often used as training targets for new students.

 

As I continued to work on the catalogue, I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and curiosity. The more I learned about the monsters in this world, the more I wanted to know.

 

Now some of the monsters that were widely infamous all around the globe were:

Dragons: These are massive, winged creatures that breathe elements and can fly. They are often depicted as greedy and hoarding treasure.

Many of the races associate themselves with powerful monsters, like some beastkin who claim to be related to the mighty dragons, but it has not been proved yet.

Werewolves: These monsters can transform into wolves at will and are known for their strength and ferocity.

 

Vampires: These creatures are immortal and survive by drinking the blood of humans or other living beings. They are often depicted as manipulative and very seductive.

 

Zombies: These undead monsters are reanimated corpses that hunger for human and elf flesh. They are often depicted as mindless and relentless.

 

Mermaids: These half-human, half-fish creatures are known for their beauty and seductive voices. They are often depicted as luring sailors to their deaths.

 

Centaurs: These monsters are half-human, half-horse creatures that are known for their great strength and wisdom.

 

Sphinxes: These creatures are known for posing riddles and guarding beasts that folk treasure as treasure. They are often depicted as being half-human, half-lion.

 

Gorgons: These monsters are known for their ability to turn people to stone with their gaze. They are often depicted as having snakes for hair.

Now many individuals will think that some of these undead monsters are demons, no? And also, weren't there dragons among the beast folk?

But it is not the case as many would think.

There is a major difference between demons and monsters.

___________________

59