Volume 2: Prologue
276 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beneath the sparkling ocean waters, large shimmering tails slithered under the silver waves.

Shockwaves reverberated across the land, as the Orc Unit marched out of the portal.

The trees swayed in a delightful dance as the Elf Queen walked through the luscious island forest. Tiny fairies giggled around her, scattering petals to announce the arrival of their royalty.

Seated at the meeting table on the shores of the tiny nameless island were the Dwarves who had called for this meeting.

As the leaders of the Four Races settled into their seats, the Arcane Summit commenced.

“I want to express my gratitude for you all joining here.” The Dwarven King expressed his appreciation for the attendance. “I am sure it wasn’t easy, considering our war with the Demons still roars as fiercely as ever.”

“I hope it was for a good reason that you summoned us here, Thorin. Otherwise, you might find this little island to be suddenly sinking thanks to my very mischievous subordinates.” The Mermaid Empress, Oceana, interjected with a mix of sarcasm and regal disdain, her diamond-scaled tail swishing indifferently in the ocean's currents. Surely, somewhere in the wide ocean, an unfortunate ship will find itself mysteriously shipwrecked.

 

Unlike the rest of the leaders, who had serious expressions on their faces, the Empress was bored to be here, playing with her coral-pink hair.

However, her points weren’t entirely invalid.

“I agree with the fish. We are currently in the midst of war to protect our planets from those rotten demons. We can’t leave our frontlines unattended for some silly tea parties.” The Orc Warlord interjected, annoyed at his drenched feet.

“Fish? How dare you compare me to some scaly bottom feeders.” Oceana screeched, offended by the comment. “I am the most beautiful creature ever to be found in these waters and the ruler of all who dwell here, you green goblin.”

“Goblins?! Those weaklings can’t compare to us-” Mogorth roared back, banging the huge skull on his stomach.

“How disgraceful.” An elegant voice softly interrupted them, making the two embarrassed about their actions and quickly taking their seats. Oberon, The Fairy Prince, gently let out a calm smile. “Please continue, King Dwargon.”

Cough! My ravens on the Human Continent brought to me some very grave news…” The King revealed. “It seems that a human child was able to remove his Curse.” 

“IMPOSSIBLE!!” Oceana and Mogorth burst out in unison.

“Are you sure you weren’t fed the wrong information?” Oceana scoffed. The Four Races here had been blessed by Mana for centuries, training in its ways. Yet, those clueless humans were able to do something no experts from their tribes were able to do.

“As surprising as this news seems, I believe that Dwargon’s words aren’t without warrant.”  High Queen Camelia interjected. “I have been receiving similar reports from the Human Continent as well.”

“Camelia! You, of all people, should know not to joke about this.” Curses were a very sensitive topic for all the sovereigns present here. No one on this table hadn’t lost someone important to those damned Demons and their wretched tricks.

“Even I couldn’t believe my ears when I first heard of this. But even I can’t completely disregard a report sent by Her.”

The entire table quickly fell silent.

“I-is that true? Wait, what is She even doing on the Human Continent?” Mogorth’s loud voice echoed across the island.

“[I have something to check at the Human Continent.] - That’s what She suddenly told me one day and left. As for what She’s doing there, I can only believe it's one of Her eccentric excursions.”

“Hmmm…I wonder if  she already knew of the existence of the Cure and went to locate it?” Silence descended upon the table as Dwargon voiced out the main question running through everyone’s mind.

“Unfortunately, there is no way to confirm that.” Oberon answered. “However, for now, it is vital that we go and confirm the contents of this report.”

“How do you plan on doing that, Prince Oberon?” Dwargon pointed out. 

“Why don’t we just kidnap the human child? Then the Dwarves can just study the cure and recreate.” Oceana suggested.

“Unfortunately, that’s not a possible option.” Camelia sighed disappointingly. “The rumoured child seems to be the grandson of Rufus Briar.”

“That greenhorn?! Now it all makes sense. That guy definitely made a deal with the Demons.” 

“Silence, Oceana!” Camelia's sharp voice rebuked her. But the damage was already done.

“Could it be…”

“Did the humans really betray the Treaty?”

“Makes sense. Those humans were too weak.”

“Everyone, stop!” Camelia quickly interrupted, before the chaos could develop further. “I will admit that my thoughts are not unlike yours. But before we reach any conclusions, I believe it will be best if we investigate the matter.”

“And who do you suppose should conduct this investigation?” Dwargon questioned.

“You don’t need to worry about that. I already have my people working on it.”

A snicker escaped Oceana’s mouth. “You are something else, High Queen Camelia. You tell us to not reach conclusions, but you are the most cautious one out of us all.”

“Of course, I am. After all, the tragedies we have experienced must never be repeated.”

 


Author's Note: Thank you, my dear readers, for being patient with me. I hope you enjoy the 2nd volume of my series.

10