Chapter 1: Eternal Dragon Azure
381 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

⎰Earth - 2023⎱

After a long winter, flower buds were beginning to emerge in the trees on a typical spring day in Canada. Many were leaving their cozy homes to visit parks to see the beautiful trees that were regenerating after the winter.

One person who stood out was a relatively tall slim muscular man dressed in martial arts attire or Gi as martial artists call them, who could be seen walking angrily on the park's pavement while geese honked in the background. He was Matthew, a slightly famous martial art teacher in the Dragon Fist dojo who has won more than 5 medals and trophies.

"Damn it, I want a refund. The description clearly stated that when I made a wish, the dragon balls would glow and a dragon hologram would materialist, but nothing happens, even when I scream at the top of my lungs. The ridiculous gadget isn't even functional." Even as the geese honked in the background, Matthew could be heard mumbling angrily.

~Flashback Start~

Matthew returned from teaching martial arts to his pupils in his dojo as normal; nothing had changed in his schedule; he just went to the dojo in the morning since it was a good time to exercise and train the body, then came straight home to watch anime.

Today, however, was different since Matthew was running back home because he had ordered limited dragon balls online a few weeks ago that exhibit a dragon hologram after hearing a voice, and they were expected to come today. While rushing back home, he remembered why he became a martial artist in the first place: he had been a fan of the Dragon Ball franchise since he was a child, and it was the Dragon Ball franchise that inspired him to become a martial artist.

He still possesses some of the figurines from when he was a super fan, most of which depicted Goku and Vegeta's transformations from normal to Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego.

He arrived at his 2-bedroom apartment, glanced around for packages, and soon found a small box with the Amazon logo in front of his door. He then excitedly opened the door to his house so he could immediately open the box.

Upon inside, he noticed the two Z-Team or Dragon Team posters in his bedroom and living room. He also noticed the cable connecting his TV to the computer, which allowed him to watch Dragon Ball Super on his TV because the episodes were not shown on Canadian television, instead opting for cartoons, which grew tiresome after a while, especially when you are old.

He placed the box on the table and went to take a shower as he was sweating profusely when he got back home. He opened the box after a while of taking a shower and noticed the dragon balls, which were beautiful when sunlight touched them, they were roughly 1.5 times larger than the regular dragon balls featured in the series.

"Finally, I have them from Japan; they took so long to arrive even though I specifically requested them to arrive quicker." He said this while holding them, celebrating his excitement as a fan.

"Excellent, at least the quality is good; now let's test these babe's functions," he stated as he gathered them all together, and they shined with yellow light once they were all united. He clasped his hands and raised them as he exclaimed, "Rise Shenron, and grant my wish," but nothing happened except for a brief spark of electricity.

Matthew waited for a bit, but nothing happened, so he kicked the item, but nothing happened. After hearing the Amazon services respond to his complaint with excuses, he went to a park to get some fresh air before he started smashing something.

~Flashback End~

When the honking became louder, Matthew turned back with a tick mark on his forehead and began approaching the geese, who didn't seem to notice him as they held their heads up and shouted at one another, while a female goose could be seen in the distance enjoying the attention from the two male geese.

"I've had enough. First, there were the cheap and broken dragon balls from Amazon, followed by these obnoxious geese honking at each other." He yelled, releasing all of the frustration that had gathered inside of him like a tsunami.

Matthew was discovered by the geese, and they seemed upset that another being was approaching their quarrel, so they warned him by honking at him like a car, but this seemed to aggravate him even more, so he began yelling at them and scaring them, which it did work since the female goose was scared and it caused her to make whimper sounds, alerting the two male geese who decided to put aside their differences and make a temporary truce so they could beat up Matthew.

The furious male geese began mercilessly biting and pecking Matthew in the head as he defended himself with martial arts, demonstrating his expertise. There was a stalemate until the geese clan arrived as reinforcements to fight the ignorant fool till he died, despite his decade of martial arts training. This simply proved how much better geese are at fighting than a man who has spent a decade mastering martial arts.

"I demand a refund, god," Matthew said before succumbing to his injuries.

...

⎰Spiritual Realm⎱

'I was so excited about the dragon balls operating as they did in the anime since I'm a huge fan of the show, but those bAstArds sold me a broken piece of garbage. Due to the anime series, I watched as a child and throughout my adolescence, I became a martial artist in Canada of all places. Such nonsense annoyed me so much that I called their office, but they explained that it happens occasionally while transferring and that they will not accept a refund. As if that weren't awful enough, I ran across the country's most ferocious opponent and accidentally insulted the young master's geese, resulting in my execution at the hands of their father, grandpa, and clan.' Matthew thought now as a ghost as he observed his dead body gushing blood from the numerous holes in it.

'I shouldn't have tried to seek death by offending the mighty geese; instead, I should have knelt and begged for mercy despite my pride as an expert martial artist,' sighed Matthew. He was regretting his actions in targeting the geese rather than his death because the geese had insane support from their clan and the government, who are more concerned about animal life than human life, and he wouldn't have prevailed in court even if he had survived. Since geese are more scarce than humans, the government deems their lives to be more vital in society.

Matthew observed as the nurse and other emergency professionals went to check on the injured geese who had been injured by his martial arts rather than checking on him to see if he was still alive. He couldn't even blame them because these geese were better at martial arts than he was and had defeated/killed him.

After he had finished grieving over his death, he looked at himself and noticed that he had turned into a ghost due to his increased transparency. He was also flying around now since he had no anchor to keep him grounded in the physical world, which meant he could do several things he had pictured himself doing.

'So this is where my destiny beings?' Looking at himself, Matthew meditated like a sage.

"Sorry to bust your bubble, but no. You'd either go to hell or heaven depending on your karma, or you'd dissipate into nothingness and die because your soul is no longer bound by your physical body, which means you only have about a day left if you stay here. Now if you would be so kind as tell me your 3 wishes so that we could be done here." A deep voice stated.

"Aww, that is kind of sad destiny..." Matthew said before turning around.

When Matthew turned to face the voice, he saw what he described as a traditional four-fingered Chinese dragon: Green antlers, sharp teeth, golden scaly skin, red eyes, a long serpentine body mostly tail, long flowing whiskers/barbels, a long snout, crescent-shaped nostrils, and flowing golden hair on his cheeks like the dragon god from the Dragon Ball Super series.

"What the hell is a dragon doing here and asking me what my wishes are?" He exclaimed, taken aback by the majestic and imposing dragon before him. "What brings you here, and who are you?" His voice trembled as he stared at the dragon, and he felt like crapping himself if he wasn't already dead.

"Are those your wishes?" he replied indifferently as if nothing mattered to him.

"No, No, I just wanted to know," Matthew responded politely.

"Well, I'd answer this question for free because of your courage not to scream for help or run in exchange for making this easy." He responded somewhat tiredly as if this had happened to him many times before.

"I am the Eternal Dragon Azure, and I am here to grant your wish as a result of you summoning me with the dragon ball. The reason I am here is that you must die before you can see or hear me as we are in the spiritual realm, or the world of the dead because we divine beings can't interfere with primal earth," Azure replied proudly, a little annoyed with his last sentence.

"Thank you for answering my question and I am pleased that those dragon balls were real," Matthew exclaimed, overjoyed that God had indeed given him a refund. Although the man had more questions regarding other divine entities and what primal earth is, he didn't ask anymore because he would be gone from here soon and doesn't want to waste a wish on things that would only serve as a memory to him later on.

"No troubles. Now tell me what you desire, and I'll grant them."

"My first wish is to be reincarnated as Goku as he was born in the Dragon Ball Super timeline. My second wish is to have a custom gamer system similar to the one I have in mind. My final wish is..." Before being interrupted by the dragon, Matthew said.

"Those wishes count as three, therefore no more," interrupted the dragon. The two wishes took more power so they counted as three.

Matthew seemed disappointed at first, but then he says gratefully, "Thank you, that's still way better than the life I had lived up till now."

"Your wishes shall be granted; may your life be better in the new world," said the dragon.

"I will do my best to make sure that happens," the man said firmly, vowing never to be defeated by a stupid goose ever again. Then he feels pain from all sides as a black hole opens inside him and pulls him in, and before he knew it, he was on the other side. This was more painful than being bitten in the head by geese.

"No one said it was going to hurt this bad." Matthew's scream faded into the black hole until it was no longer audible.

"That's what they all say, thinking reincarnation into another world is a simple matter," the dragon mocked. Azure recalled his interactions with those other people who gathered the dragon and believe the world owes them even though they did nothing extraordinary with either fate bringing the balls to them or them receiving it from the internet without any exciting adventures.

"Whatever, it's no longer my problem, and besides, I still have other human desires to fulfill," Azure said as he flew away, looking to be busy.

"I never have time to relax or have fun! Hey God, I'd also like a refund or maybe a vacation now and then like this guy."

"Nope, still got more paperwork to do, which will take a few millennia to finish before you can even dream about a vacation," said an ethereal voice in Azure's head.

"Noooooooooo," Azure's growls could be heard across the spirit realm, but there was no one there to hear them since they were in the world of the dead where souls would dissipate if left alone.

10