Chapter 4
88 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the announcement for the Dungeon Clear was made, a purple portal materialized next to him and whisked him away. When his vision returned, he found himself standing outside the Dungeon.

A notification popped up, exclaiming "[You Leveled Up!]" and he eagerly clicked on it, prompting his status window to appear. Without factoring in the bonuses from his equipment, his attributes were as follows:

[You Leveled Up!]

[Name: Adrian Zeilstra]]

[Race: Human(Surface Human)]

[Main Job: Jack of All Trades.]

[Level: 2(14% EXP)]

[Attributes:

Health: 9,450(+4,500)

Stamina: 900(+450)

Resources(Mana): 840(+600)

Strength(STR): 60(+30)

Dexterity:(DEX): 75(+35)

Vitality(VIT): 210(+100)

Intelligence(INT): 189(+55)

Supernatural(SPN): 70(+50)

Charisma(CHA): 300

Luck(LCK): 200]

[Skills: N/A(Please buy skills from the Shop)]

[Skill Reserve: Swift Movement: 7

Giant's Strength: 5

Heavenly Flash(Sword): 7

Fireball: 8

Area Detection: 7… Expand/Collapse]

[Talents: Keen Intellect, Business Aptitude, Negotiator]

[Remarks: A first step into the higher realm you're always striving to achieve.]

"Hmm, there's been a significant change. And my Supernatural attribute has improved as well... I suppose I can enter the Dungeon repeatedly until I reach its level cap. I should make the most of my time here and keep at it until morning. It's only midnight anyway."

During his second clear, he opted not to use any weapons and instead employed a martial art that utilized fists called [Rock Smashing Fists] — prioritizing power over speed — a complete departure from his previous methods.

In the following clears, he experimented with various fighting styles and skill combinations, eventually honing in on some effective ones.

After completing almost eleven clears, he emerged from the Dungeon and checked his interface, discovering that he had already reached level 7. A genuine smile spread across his face as he glanced at the time on his smartwatch. "8:30?! Oh shit it's time to get going." He exclaimed. Feeling sluggish from lack of sleep, his mind was fatigued, and he was growing increasingly sleepy.

At this point, he decided to use a single-use skill, activating [Psyche Refresh]. This skill would refresh and cleanse his mind, erasing any status effects such as dizziness, mind control, or charm, as well as curing his mental fatigue and sleeplessness.

After using the skill, he felt as if he had just experienced the best sleep of his life. Suddenly, he heard the familiar "Ding!" sound once again and turned to his right, spotting the source of the noise.

[Are you tired of carrying around heavy luggage? Oh boy have we got a deal for you!] exclaimed the advertisement. [Introducing Inventory! For as low as 10 Points, you can rent a pocket dimension as your personal inventory for 24 hours!]

[Inventory: A pocket dimension that allows users to store their items instantly and retrieve them whenever they're needed.] the advertisement further explained.

Offers:

[1 Square Meter — Price: 10 Points, Duration: 24 hours]

[3 Square Meters — Price: 50 Points, Duration 72 hours]

[5 Square Meters — Price: 120 Points, Duration: 144 hours]

More offers to come in the future!]

"Hmm, what's this? The system doesn't offer this feature, does it?" Adrian wondered aloud. "When players need inventory, they typically use those magical storage rings. Alas, only higher-ranking players can afford those. But this inventory is fine even with its duration, I'll just continue paying and it seems to be a better option. I don't want to waste my money on those overpriced shits." He cursed under his breath.

Suddenly, an idea occurred to him, and he decided to purchase the 1 Square Meter offer.

"It says 'instant'. Even storage rings don't offer that kind of convenience. Those take a few seconds to access, depending on the item's size. Plus, the heavier the contents, the more burdensome they are to the wearer, even when compressed into a small space and all the weight reductions. Haha! I won't have to worry about that problem!" Adrian exclaimed, feeling pleased with his decision.

He looked at the interface and saw the inventory tab. He clicked on it and stared at it for a whole second.

"Wait… how do I use it?" He pondered for a while and scratched his head.

Although the system shows them what's on their body, all players except him don't have this inventory option, so he didn't know how to use it.

"Does it run on the same principle as the storage rings? Brian told me that you just have to imagine putting something away without touching that object. Let's try."

He tried imagining it, and after a few seconds, the gear on his body disappeared.

"Amazing… with this, I don't have to worry about carrying things." He then tried bringing them back, and the items appeared exactly where they disappeared from. He tried doing it again, storing them and bringing them back. It seemed that they didn't necessarily need to be manually equipped on him when they're pulled out. They could just come out into his grasp.

"So far, this ability is useful. I'll see if I can get more powerful options in the future," he thought to himself.

Without returning the borrowed equipment to the armory, and instead storing them in his inventory, he left the building. Being a higher-up, he had the authority to handle them, and they were not important or useful anymore. They had been collecting dust with no one to use them.

A few minutes later, he was already driving towards his company building when his smartwatch rang. He accepted the call using voice command and connected to the caller, "Hello, Ann?"

It was the same woman who called him last night. His secretary and childhood friend, Ann. He had spent most of his life with her, and she had even helped him establish his own company and chosen to be his secretary. Despite Ann's beauty, there was never anything romantic between them. They were just best friends, and nothing more.

"Where are you now? The shareholders are already here." Ann said.

"Yeah, yeah... There's still twenty minutes left before nine. I'm already nearby." Adrian replied casually.

Ann let out a sigh. "Okay, you better hurry."

A few minutes later, he had arrived. He parked his car in the parking lot beside the building and went inside.

As he entered, the employees greeted him with a "Good morning." and he responded with a smile. Adrian then headed towards the elevator and pressed the button for the tenth floor, waiting for it to arrive.

While he was going up, he casually inspected his interface, feeling amused by everything that had happened. "Hmm... What should I do now? Should I tell my father and the others about this?" Adrian pondered with his chin resting on his knuckles. After a while, the elevator finally stopped, and putting on a dignified expression, he exited the elevator.

2