Chapter 5
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, the people caught sight of him and promptly greeted him with enthusiasm. "Good morning, Mister CEO!" Some of them even synchronized their voices as they shouted out their greetings.

In response, he mustered a superficial smile and returned the greeting. "Good morning, everyone. Keep up the good work!"

He carried on with his stride and eventually came to a halt in front of a door. Letting out a small sigh, he opened it.

Upon entering the room, he found a circular table with chairs scattered around it, all of which were already taken by different individuals. Only one seat remained unoccupied, situated at the far end next to the floor-to-ceiling window.

"Yo, bro, you're the last one to show up," a voice teased in a nonchalant tone.

Adrian narrowed his eyes and turned his head towards the source of the voice. It was Damian, his older brother, who was seated next to Brian. The latter flashed a friendly smile at Adrian as their gazes met.

The two of them were identical twins, and perhaps because of their shared genes, their powers often required them to work in tandem in order to fully unleash their potential.

The two of them were currently ranked the top 30 players on the SS-rank list, with the title "Equilibrium" attributed to them due to their incredible power when working together. Since their abilities sometimes required them to operate as a pair, they occupied a single spot on the list. However, even when they were separated, each of them still possessed the impressive abilities of an S-rank player.

"I'm pretty sure I'm on time, but sorry anyway," he said as he entered the room and made his way to his seat. After settling into his chair, he casually suggested, "Shall we get the meeting started?"

The group then began their discussion. One of the shareholders spoke up, "The company's business has been very satisfactory this year. It was definitely worth the risk I took when I invested, our profits have been consistently skyrocketing. The competition within the country has decreased significantly. However, I believe there is a chance for us to expand our influence to other countries. What are Mr. Zeilstra's thoughts on this?"

Many shareholders nodded in agreement, their eyes lighting up at the possibility. After all, the larger their business opportunities, the greater each shareholder's dividends will be.

"We shouldn't be too greedy. I don't think other organizations will take kindly to it. If we push our luck, we might end up losing more than we gain. After all, each foreign country operates under different laws, and we can't be certain of the outcome. They could easily hold us back or even annihilate us," Adrian replied, his tone serious.

Another shareholder shared his opinion, "I don't think it's not worth the risk, we can fight them if we have to. Alternatively, we could start small in those areas, right?" The others nodded in agreement.

"Sure, we might be hegemons here in Singapore, but that's only because this is our home turf. We're also hindering them here, aren't we? So why wouldn't they do the same when we enter their territory?" Damian spoke with a serious tone.

"What gives you so much confidence? Is it because we're also shareholders in this company and can use our influence to give the company a boost? There's no way we'd use our guild to do that," he added.

"T-that's not what I meant…"

"I understand what you guys want, but can't we be satisfied with our current situation for now? Our profits are constantly on the rise. Why do you have such a large appetite?"

"It's not that we're being greedy, Sir. We just wanted to explore the possibility." one of them explained.

Adrian snarked. "Not greedy, huh? That possibility is too slim. I'm not also sure if this'll work. Alright then, if you want, let's vote. You guys are free to decide. Nobody should threaten each other. If the majority agrees, even if it's challenging, we'll do it. But if we fail, that's it, who's in favor?"

Almost 70% of those present raised their hands.

The twins rolled their eyes at the sight.

"I hope nobody regrets this decision later on." Adrian sighed.

They continued to discuss more topics, and the meeting ended with most of their issues resolved. Soon, only the three brothers remained in the room.

"You sure 'bout this?" Damian asked.

"Yes, I am... They are partial owners of the company, and with most of them agreeing, what can I do? I might just let them. It's not really a bad idea to try. I myself also see this opportunity. I was just unsure before." Brian replied with enthusiasm. "We support you, little bro... Let's go for it. Maybe we could make this company even bigger outside of this country!"

"I thought you weren't going to use your guild for this?"

"Haha... We just wanted to help our brother. Don't be so hard on us." Brian said hesitantly, and Adrian felt like he had been struck by lightning when Damian asked a simple question.

"Have you finally become 'one'?" Damian smiled mischievously, resting his cheek on his knuckles.

Adrian's eyes widened. "You...!"

Brian chuckled. "Come on, brother, just answer him. Hahaha!"

"Are you using your ability on me?" Adrian asked with hostility.

Damian replied with a smug expression. "Guess?"

I knew it, you bastards! Good thing I came prepared. Adrian thought to himself.

Damian urged him impatiently, "Come on, just answer the question!"

[Skill Activated! Trustworthy] — Select a maximum of three individuals and everything you will say to those people will be trusted to no end, no matter how much of a lie you say as long as it is reasonable.

Note: This negates the effect of Lie Detection skills (the effect will be broken by Lie Detection skills B-rank and above.)

Adrian took a deep breath and replied, "I haven't."

Damian stared at him for a few seconds before responding.

Damian let out a sigh. "Too bad. Well, that's it. We have to go now. Bye-bye," he said with a hint of disappointment.

"Haha, Damian is always messing with you. It's okay. When you become a player, we'll be there to help you at all costs." Brian reassured him as they both stood up from their seats. Before leaving the room, Brian waved at Adrian with a gentle smile.

Adrian couldn't help but think to himself, "Good thing his Lie Detection skill is only at C-rank."

 

2