Chapter 13
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Adrian's eyes widened in shock. "You're one of the Seven Deadly Sins?!" he exclaimed, surprised.

Leviathan answered in a whisper, "Yes."

Adrian interrupted him anxiously, "Wait, I'm in the middle of a battle." But the kid reassured him, "It's fine. Time is stopped while you're here."

Nervously, Adrian asked, "Really? Did you bring me here?"

"Yes, after you accepted my invitation," the kid replied, forcing another smile.

Adrian looked at the notification on his screen and asked, "That notification from the system... That's you?"

Leviathan confirmed, "Yes."

Adrian read the message again and said, "It says you're offering me your eyes."

"That's true, you need them, don't you? Take them. Be my eyes."

Adrian was taken aback. "What do you mean by that?"

"You need power, don't you? So take them. They're yours now."

He flinched at the thought. "What do you mean, take them? You want me to just pull your eyes out? What are those, Sharingan?"

Leviathan replied slowly, "Pull. Them. Out. You'll need them more than me. I'm imprisoned here anyway." He looked down, and though he appeared expressionless, Adrian could sense his sadness and loneliness. "But I just want you to promise me one thing. At the end of your journey, I just want one simple thing."

Adrian's heart raced. He remembered how this kind of eye had made the former number one player the strongest. He stood up excitedly, completely disregarding the enemy he would face once he left this place. "What is it? Just tell me! I'll give you anything or whatever you want!"

Upon hearing this, the other person broke into a huge smile, finally showing an excited expression as he leaned in. "Really!? You'll give me whatever I want?! You can't take back what you said, okay?!"

"Y-yeah, for power... I'm willing to give up anything other than my life."

"I see, so in exchange for absolute power... I just want one thing from you. At the end of your adventure, I just want a little bit of EVERYTHING. Can you give me that?"

Adrian replied with a smile, feeling almost emotional, "I told you... I'm willing to give up anything."

"Fine then, take them out now. My eyes, and put them into yours. Don't make it hurt. Please?" Levi smiled while tilting his head.

Adrian gulped and took a deep breath before shoving his fingers deep into the kid's eye sockets and taking out his eyes in just under five seconds. The instant he took them out, blood gushed out of the kid's eyes, but he didn't scream or flinch during the whole process. Instead, he spoke calmly, "Now, put them into your own."

With bloodied eyeballs in both of his hands, Adrian's head spun as he mumbled, "How...?"

"Just place them in. It's that simple."

"Fuck it!" Adrian shouted before shoving them into his eye sockets with his eyes wide open.

He felt a bit of pain at first, but then... it was done. All he heard afterward was Levi laughing maniacally. "You did it! Absolute power is now yours!!! I'm expecting a lot from you! Brighten up my boring days from now on, okay!? I'll be expecting a lot from you, mister! Hahahahahahahaha."

After hearing this, Adrian opened his eyes. His vision had changed; it was clear like before, and nothing appeared to have changed on the surface, but he knew that things had changed. When he looked at Levi, the latter looked shocked.

"Oh, so this is what I look like? Nothing seems to have changed... Haha, physically, nothing has changed, except for the fact that I am fucking insane now!"

"Hey, calm down!" Adrian interrupted his outburst by tightly hugging him.

"Those goddamn 'comrades' of mine! I don't deserve to be trapped in this timeless place!!! I'll kill them all when I get out! Fuck you Yahweh! Fuck you Lucifer! Just wait for me...I'll kill all of you..."

"It's okay, it's okay. Calm down...I'm here for you. Now that you've given me this power, I'll get you out...I promise." With those words, Levi's sobbing subsided a bit, and he smiled crazily at Adrian.

"Right...right...You'll get me out of here someday, won't you, big bro? But for you to do that, you have to get stronger...no, you have to be the strongest. So that no one can oppress me again when I get out. Got it?!" He shouted with tears and blood.

"I know. I'll become the strongest, no matter what it takes. So just wait. I'll get you out of here," Adrian promised.

"Thanks," Levi said with a final smile. Suddenly, Adrian was jolted back to reality. He was still lying on his back, but his body was now fully healed and his armor restored. He saw the werewolf charging at him, ready to strike. He quickly jumped to his feet and dodged the attack.

"Hoh...what did you do?" the werewolf asked.

"What do you mean, you idiot?" Adrian retorted.

"You've changed. First, you were instantly healed, and now your aura is different. What did you do?" the werewolf persisted.

"Nothing...you must be losing it," Adrian replied dismissively.

"I'm sure of it...it's like you've ascended," the werewolf continued.

"Stop talking and fight!" Adrian dashed forward and swung his sword.

"So fast!" The werewolf managed to block the attack at the last moment. "What happened to you?! What did you do?!" Despite being a shadow and no longer possessing any flesh, the werewolf felt his non-existent heart beating faster and faster due to fear.

"You want to play with me, don't you? Then let's play," Adrian said with a playful smile.

"Damn this!" They rushed at each other and began exchanging blows. The werewolf, who was significantly stronger and faster earlier, was getting outpaced bit by bit.

Luc watched the battle from afar, but even though he was a Ranger with an additional job class of Archer, both specializing in tracking, he couldn't see their movements at all.

"How...?" he was dumbfounded.

During their exchange of attacks, Adrian managed to land some good hits. Even though his adversary's body was made of shadow, every time it was damaged, he had to consume his mana to recover. And there was only so much mana left after regenerating from Adrian's attacks. "You've become a monster! How?!"

"Ironic that that's coming from you, a monster. I told you, I don't need to tell you," Adrian replied as he walked.

The werewolf retreated hurriedly to Luc and spoke.

"I can't defeat him anymore. I need your mana. Transfer your mana to me!"

"He became that powerful?"

"Yes! So hurry up! I'll resurrect some monsters here as shadows, so I'll need some of your mana!"

"Fine!" Luc began transferring as much mana as he could, and the werewolf dashed away.

"Wow… So you'll let me copy that ability right away?"

The werewolf walked towards the slain giants and shouted, "Watch! This is the divine power that's granted to me! Watch! The power of The Sovereign of Death."

"Yes! I'm watching you! Let me witness this divine power!"

"[Arise]… All of you! Tear him asunder..."

0