Chapter 14
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
More than a dozen eerie shadows slowly rose from the bodies of the slain giants. As they finished forming, their gazes seemed to pierce Adrian.

"You've really given me a power-up, you idiot!" he exclaimed.

[Skill Copied! S-rank: Shadow Resurrection! Occupying 10 permanent Skill slots!] [Due to the user's level relative to the Skill's rank, the Skill's rank will be restricted until the user has leveled up to match it. Lowered: S-rank — C rank]

"Come on! Let me slaughter you guys once again!" The giants sprinted simultaneously towards Adrian, causing an earthquake. "This eye is really powerful," he thought to himself. "I can track their movements one by one. It's as if time is slowed down. I can also predict their movements, and my eyesight is so good that I can see so far with perfect clarity like an eagle. Heh, this is the best... Oh wait, I can see through walls?"

As he was deep in thought, one of the giants arrived and tried to stomp on him. However, he simply dodged it by jumping backward and cutting off its leg. The giant crashed to the ground without its leg, unable to maintain balance. The other giants also drew near, attacking him from different directions, but he elegantly avoided their attacks with minimal movement.

With ease, Adrian cut off a leg on each of the sluggish giants, who relied solely on their physical strength. However, the shadows never regenerate since the werewolf was no longer providing them with mana.

As Adrian stood there, observing the horrible condition of the shadows, a swift claw flew towards him, but he dodged it with an indifferent expression.

"Just give up, you won't even be able to touch a strand of my hair now," he taunted.

However, the enemy simply growled and continued its futile assault, which Adrian managed to avoid every single time. Shadows never tire, but neither did he due to the recovery effects of his armor. He could keep dodging forever if he wanted to, but he clearly didn't want that as he slashed the shadow's right arm, and then the other. Due to the mana he had received from Luc earlier, the shadow was able to regenerate in the blink of an eye and retreated to Luc.

"Give me everything you have," the werewolf demanded.

The man panicked "What? I'll die if I do that!"

"You'll die anyway. Look, I can't even hit that guy anymore, so I'll need more mana to use more of my abilities. Faster!" the werewolf growled impatiently.

"Shit... fine. I'd rather die fighting," the man conceded.

He started transferring mana to the werewolf until his bloodied tears came down from his eyes. Adrian, however, just stood there, waiting for them to finish.

"Hurry up. I'm not allowed to attack a powering-up opponent," Adrian reminded them.

As the transfer progressed, Luc's skin dried up, and he looked like an old man before collapsing on the ground with grit written on his face.

The werewolf nodded at Luc before dashing towards Adrian and resurrecting all the monsters he came across. He disappeared by blending into the darkness. However, Adrian never removed his gaze and followed his movements even when he moved his shadowy body underground. A Shadow Whip extended from below towards Adrian's face, but he had already seen it coming and simply dodged it by moving his head.

[Skill Copied! D-rank: Shadow Whip! Occupying 2 permanent Skill slots!] the system announced.

He immediately used the skill to pull the werewolf out of the shadow, and on his left hand was a fireball that he slammed onto the werewolf's stomach. The werewolf flew far away, and the resurrected monsters arrived but were immediately slaughtered by Adrian and never got back up due to a lack of mana supply. Although these monsters displayed many skills that he could copy, he didn't take a single one. This was due to his skill slots being limited, and he needed to increase them later. The [Shadow Resurrection] itself already took up ten of them.

"He's more of a monster than me... How did this happen?" the werewolf said, still in disbelief.

"Oh, really?" Adrian whispered, and the werewolf frantically slashed his claws behind him.

"Why won't you die?!" he exclaimed, and then did his best to maul Adrian. "Die! Die! Die! Die! Die!!!" But all his efforts were futile as he missed every time.

Adrian had had enough and blocked every single attack before responding with his own. Every sword slash connected and dissected the werewolf in the blink of an eye, cutting faster than the werewolf could regenerate them.

The werewolf tried his best to block Adrian's attacks, but they were simply too fast, and it seemed like Adrian knew where he would block, prompting him to change the movement of his attack. Suddenly, the announcement came, [Wave 10 starts!]

"The final wave is here. Let me end this so we can get out of here," Adrian said, accelerating his attacks. This time, the werewolf didn't even have the luxury of blocking until his mana completely ran dry with a missing limb or two, causing him to collapse on his back and look up to Adrian. He wanted to remember the face of someone who finally killed him, but Adrian's mask was blocking his view.

"I am Seong Jun-Woo's first general in his army! I can't die here... I still have to get back to my true master! To tell him... that I've never gone lost... I... was captured..." Regret was written all over the werewolf's face.

Adrian looked down with indifference at the werewolf, who was nearing his end, and watched as he cried out longingly for his brethren.

"You're not my concern. We're enemies," Adrian stated before he began walking away. The limbless shadow then shouted at the top of his lungs.

"PLEASE!!! Let me go with you… I wish to meet my master... my… master... No, just let me see him… I'll swear loyalty to you! Please…"

A long silence followed. Adrian looked back but remained silent.

"I am sadistic, yes. But I never attacked you of my own free will. I'm controlled by whoever employed these goddamn people. I know some things about them! Take me! I'll be of use…"

Still, Adrian didn't answer and continued walking away. He muttered softly, "[Arise]," and the werewolf felt an intense surge of mana. His body immediately fixed, he now had a new master, overriding the previous one. He looked at Adrian as he walked towards the monsters.

"Help me kill this wave and let's get the fuck out of here."

0