Chapter-6 The wanderer bonds.
24 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Turns out, [Gamer's makeup] prevents me from having a mental overload. I simply felt stuffy for a second, and then it was gone. 

'Look, I know I was exaggerating for a second, but I'm a little mentally and physically fried at the moment, so I feel like I deserve some slack, okay?'

While I was resting, I did some playing with my mana and chakra. While I was doing so, I found a cool little tidbit, although my skill [Conception] says mana, it can also use chakra in conjunction, so it won't be long before I can get a storage space. 

That isn't even the cool little tidbit either, I already have an inventory that I somehow managed to fucking forget.

. . .

Roughly 15 minutes ago.

[Inquiry made: Why does the user wish to make a subspace skill when he has an inventory to use?]

"You're fucking kidding me."

I swiftly pulled up my skills and abilities tab. Before I get to that, I found out that skills are designated by having a cost, while an ability does not have one.

Inventory: You have unlimited space for holding non-living beings. Curtain conditions may bypass this. Each slot can hold an indefinite amount of things that occupied that slot. Time will be halted inside.

'Oh- fuck yes.'

I decided to see if I could pick things up from a distance, and after a couple of minutes of experimenting, I found I could store it from six feet, at max, away. Six also happens to be the amount of tens my perception is resting in. A test for later to see if it's seven feet at 70 in perception will have to be made.

Conveniently, even more, I could separate the things inside it! I had an option for skin, blood, and bones, which includes teeth, muscle organs, and even nails. I didn't separate anything but its blood, which turned out to be roughly 500 liters of it. (~132 gallons)

Toothless was flabbergasted, if I could read his expression right, every time I made the Change-wing's body disappear and reappear. Storing once again, I walk over to Toothless and sit in front of him

• • •

Present

“Hey bud, so look.”

I got his attention from licking his claws.

“I’m going to head back to the village,” I gestured towards the actual village, “with the Change-wing.”

I plopped it back out, tapped it, and pointed to the village once again just to emphasize.

“I don’t know if you can understand me, but I want to know if you’d like to come with me?”

I pointed to him, then at myself, then towards the village one last time.

“It’s going to be dangerous, and you might even get seriously hurt.”

I looked into those amazing yellowish-green, black cat-like eyes and tried to convey with the utmost of my ability what I was saying.

“Research!”- he replied with a bob of his head.

“Yes, haha!”

I went to touch him, and he recoiled a little. It stopped me in my tracks. 

‘You know what fuck it. He already saved my life once, he deserves to be trusted.’

Closing my eyes, I slowly lift up my arm. My palm was facing Toothless, and I slightly turned my head away.

Fully extending my arm, I felt his powerful breath hitting my fingers. I wanted with all my heart to be friends with this amazing beast, I wanted to go on adventures of grander, explore this world, and find all of the secrets that were never told.

I wanted to be his best friend and him mine. I wished, with all my heart, to be brothers in life for as long as I lived.

‘Please…be my friend.’

“Hsp!”

I let out a sharp intake of breath and flinched a little. A low rumble almost like a purr, Toothless’ signature sound of being content.

Coarse warmth was transmitted through my hand. He pushed his nose into my palm, trusting me as I did with him.

It felt incredible. Warmth spread throughout my body, and I could honestly say I had never been happier than this moment right now.

I slowly opened my eyes, and he was staring at me. I felt a smile that almost hurt grow on my face.

“Thank you, Toothless…really thank you.”

I felt tears drip down my cheeks as I closed my eyes and smiled at him like nothing I’d ever done before. 

We pulled away from each other, and he snorted like I had tickled his nose.

 

•Ding•

 

A being that is the last of his species acknowledges you as a friend for life and trusts you with his own. This is a special feat unlike any other.

You have been given the title:

 [A friend of dragons: Any and all draconian species will recognize you as not a threat. They find you far easier to trust and might even be willing to be companions.]

You clearly understand this magnificent beast far better than you should, almost like you can understand dragons.

The ability [Understanding of beasts Lv-1] has been gained.

[Understanding of beasts Lv-1: You seem to understand creatures even though they use no language. You pick up on their intent by reading their body language, sounds they make, and at a higher level, you might even hear their thoughts.]

Toothless has become your companion.

Name: Toothless 

Species: Nightfury

Class: Strike

System integration ID: #1-23L-2

Level: 30

HP: 7986/8000

MP: 230/230(10750) <-> {Integration in progress}

VIT: 320

STG: 332

AGI: 540

DEX: 523

PER: 492

INT: 107

WIS: 103

Plasma blast Lv-7: Generate a blast of superheated plasma and shoot it forth. Gain a 640% increase in explosive power and speed of the blast.

Echolocation Lv-5: Locate things through sound, including distance from said thing, the density of said thing, and how fast it might be approaching. Gain a 160% boost in accuracy when locating something.

Flight Lv-9: Soar through the air on wings. 5,120% increase in speed when flying.

Bite Lv-7: Bite your enemies, leaving grievous wounds. Generates 1,280% more bite force when biting.

Night vision Lv-8: See far better in the dark. See 2,560% better when it is dark.

 

‘…what the fuck?’

First and foremost, I needed Linda to answer a few questions.

“Linda, what does it mean, ‘system integration ID: #1-23L-2,’ my guy? Are you telling me Toothless is getting my system and things too?”

[Answer: Toothless is not getting your system. System #1-23L-2, aka Linda, has a subsidiary system, meaning this world will now become a system-integrated world. Each being on this planet will integrate with Linda in approximately one month. You are the only being to have Linda’s main [Gamer system]. Many things will be unlocked the longer and more Linda integrates with this world.]

[Note: You cannot change system settings until you pass level 100 or your soul ascends beyond mortal bounds. As you are the systems host, you can however see the settings, restrictions, and hidden information, among other things. All beings that have a positive bond of over 50% with you will gain a boon and have level restrictions removed.]

“That’s really fucking cool and concerning. I really hope that all the villains don’t get skills and abilities and shit for a while.”

[Notice: Skill, ability, title, trait, and class acquisitions are turned off until enough mana saturates the planet. Estimation of 5 years before the planet is fully saturated with mana, 3 years until enough mana is present before natural gods will be born, and a year and a half until enough mana for the first stated restriction is released. Only companions and those with a bond of 50% or more are exempt from this rule as of now.]

“Great, fucking gods will be born, huh? And that’s an estimation too.”

“So, does companion mean a friend or something like a tame? What exactly is the deal with that?”

[The designation of companion is someone or something that trusts you with their life and you with yours. A tame is a creature that will serve you in a master-servant relationship, and since you don’t see Toothless that way, nor does he see you that way, he is a companion and not a tame.]

“Ohhhh, that makes sense. I like that, actually. I really like that he wasn’t put under ‘tame’.”

I see Toothless rest his head back down onto his claws, turns out the night isn’t so scary when you have a night fury with you.

‘Oh, you know what? Linda, how much mana would it take to make a clock skill- one that, like, tells me the time in an overlay or something?’

[A skill with an overlay showing time would cost 150 mana or chakra points. You may also split them between any amount of one energy over the other such as 100 mana to 50 chakra or vise-versa.]

“Mm, okay, let’s use the term concept points then, and they’re a one-to-one ratio of mana or chakra would that be cool, Linda? That way, it just sounds less of a mouthful like ‘mana or chakra point together.’”

[Concept points created. Would you like to create the skill {concept point conversion storage} for 350 Concept points?]

“Also, another mouthful, haha! You know what, let’s just leave it for the shits and giggles. Yes, let’s create that one, Linda, use 100 chakra and 250 mana points, respectively.”

I felt a sudden drain, although abrupt, it was bad or hurtful in any way. It seems it was taken in a way that wouldn’t harm me, which is much appreciated on my end.

CP: 440

MP: 410

 

{Concept point conversion storage Lv-1: At a flat base of 1:1 ratio per mana and chakra point, a concept point will be converted and stored. The current max storage is 5000 points. This ability is special in the sense you can only upgrade it by using the max amount of points the skill can store to do so.

 

‘Hmm, okay then, Linda, can I link my regeneration of chakra and mana to the skill? Specifically, if I’m topped off on both, pump what I’m max regenerating, while if I’m lower than 100 points in either, do only a quarter of my max regeneration, something like that?’

 

[According to what you asked, the answer is yes. Would like to proceed with 100% regeneration into the storage when topped off, 50% of regeneration when below 100 points, a 25% at 200 points, with anything below that having it cut off?]

“That’s perfect.”

I watched as it slowly filled with concept points. My mana and chakra had filled up by this point due to my absurd regeneration. I went back and looked for it, and this is what it looks like so far for any stat increase-related things.

Stat point add-ons per level.

4 VIT

4 STG

5 AGI

5 DEX

6 PER

5 INT

5 WIS

10 mana per wisdom plus 20% from the {master of mana} trait.

10 hp and chakra for each vitality plus 20% from the {master of chakra} trait.

MP regeneration: 8.25/second (5.5 before trait boost.)

HP regeneration: 6.75/minute (4.5 before trait boost.)

CP regeneration: 6.75/second (4.5 before trait boost.)

 

Now that I finished checking everything, I realized it was fucking monstrous how fast I regenerated. In one minute, I regenerated 405 chakra and 495 mana. That’s almost my entire pool for both in one fucking minute.

Doing the math quickly, I only needed to wait 5 and a half minutes to upgrade my storage skill, but first, I want that clock and mini-map. I wait 10 seconds, and boom-

 

Clock overlay: Never forget the time again, this will show you the time in a 24-hour format no matter where you are. You can designate any amount of clocks to show the time for any other time zones you’ve been to.

 

‘I like 24-hour format, so what?’

[The cost for a mini-map skill is 4500 concept points.]

Okay, five-minute wait, here I come. The time showed 01:38, so I’m not sure how long I was out. 

I start my slow track through the woods with Toothless back towards the village. Having a sudden urge to mess with my knife, I start to do stabs, thrusts, and cuts in every direction.

I notice that my wrist turns ever so slightly towards my hot side as I cut close to myself, which is bad, so I correct it when a box pops up in my view.

 

Knife handling Lv-1: When wielding a knife, your attack power and speed are increased by 5%. (Novice)

‘Hmm, I wonder why I didn’t get this when I killed the Change-wing. Maybe it’s because I wildly swung it without trying to fix my stance or something.'

I looked back at my storage skill and say I was actually a little over what was needed for the mini-map.

Mini-map: You see where you have traveled with a birds-eye view. Reveals enemies, allies, and neutral parties within 6 meters as a red dot for enemies, a green for allies, and a gray for neutral parties.

Mini-map got. A little square pops up in the top right of my vision, showing me in the woods. Everything around me, I was designated by a blue dot, was shrouded in a dark curtain except for the specified 6-meter circle.

Sure enough, Toothless was a bright green dot right next to me as we moved. A trail was left behind as a visible colored representation of where we just were. It was pretty cool, I have to admit.

We continue on our walk, slowly approaching the village.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

Sorry for the short chapter I got rid of a lot and almost rewrote the entire thing with changes. Happy Tuesday everybody.

3