Chapter 15
1.2k 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Saeko, can I ask you a little favor?" Yoru said to Saeko but still focused on the zombie in front of him.

"Hmmm, yes. Need help killing that zombies?" Saeko looked at the zombie that didn't die even though it was stabbed in the neck with a sword.

"No, I can and know how to kill that zombies. It's just, I'm a little worried about Takashi and the others. Can you go back there and protect them? And use this sword first. I'll use the sword stuck in that zombie's neck." Yoru said softly to Saeko.

"Hmmm even though I really don't want to. But since you asked me. Alright, I'll go back there. But be careful? That zombies clearly isn't normal." Saeko complied with Yoru's request and gave him a slight warning.

Yoru stroked Saeko's head. "Yeah, it won't be a problem."

Saeko smiled and enjoyed Yoru's caress on her head. After a while, Yoru let go of his hand which made Saeko slightly disappointed. Even so, Saeko still obeyed Yoru's words and ran away towards Takashi and the others.

After Saeko turned from the intersection. Yoru looks very serious.

"I can't believe what I saw."

[Neither do I. Creatures like this shouldn't exist in this world]

###

Name : Messenger of Death

Race : Zombie

Gender: None

Age : 1 Day

Lvl : 4 Max

Str : C - 65

End : A - 95

Agi : B - 87

Luc : C - 52

Mana : 0

Stm : S - 120

Skills: - Bite

           - Scratch

###

"Look at the End and Stm. Isn't that cheating!?"

[That thing is a zombie. I think it's normal]

"But seriously, all the stats he has are better than mine. Even though my Agi is now C and my Str is A because of symbols but this is still not enough."

[Why not stack the existing symbols. If one symbol increases status by 1 level if 5 symbols]

"I also have the same idea. But, can my body take that much burden?"

[Then raise 2 Agi and 2 End. I think that's enough]

"You sure?"

[Yes]

"Then. Without further ado."

But something unexpected happened. Before Yoru managed to add a new symbol on his body. The zombie attack at an unexpected speed.

Yoru immediately stopping the process of making symbols to avoid the attacks from the zombies.

"As expected of 85 Agi. This thing is fast."

[If you can make the necessary symbols. I can be sure you'll win]

"Yeah, if I could. But if these zombie attack like this. I'll have a hard time making symbols."

[What about the items in the inventory. Can you do something using anything that is in there]

Yoru thought while dodging the zombie onslaught.

Yoru have a little trouble dodging with the Agi he has.

"Maybe I should take the sword on his neck first."

With his options is limited, Yoru decides to take the stabbed sword first.

After waiting for the opportunity. Finally Yoru found an opening where he could take the sword.

Don't want to waste the opportunity. Yoru not only drew the sword, but also slashed it which made the zombie's neck slightly torn apart.

The zombie was a little shaken because of that. Which makes his attack not as sharp as before.

"Nee system. He's still a zombie isn't he?"

[Yes. According to the Eye of Truth, he's a zombie]

"Isn't zombies are sensitive to sound. How about confusing their hearing with sound. Though maybe I'll summon another zombie."

[Maybe you can try]

Approved by system. Yoru then took some glass bottles from the inventory and threw them in various places.

PIAR!!!!

The sound of bottles breaking could be heard in several places.

Sure enough, the zombie turned to the direction where Yoru threw the bottle.

Seeing the zombies in the confused condition. Yoru immediately slid and slashed the zombie's leg.

The zombie's leg was cut off which made it topple over.

"Use everything you have."

Seeing the zombie trying to stand up. Yoru immediately slashed the zombie's hand.

"Don't think I won't do anything and wait for you to stand up. I'm not that stupid."

Yoru then slashed the remaining zombie arms and legs. and finally slashed the zombie's neck. However, as Yoru expected. The zombie's body was still moving.

"System, how do I kill this thing. He really didn't die even though his head was cut off."

[He is no ordinary zombie. He is a messenger. So he's another being]

“Actually, what is Messenger in the first place?”

[Messenger are beings who have duties just like their names. This one is Messenger Of Dead. So is spreading death. He was created to kill. He will kill anyone and anything he considers alive that he meets. And for how to kill him. Only in one way. Find where the core of the creature. How to find out where their core is. We can see the parts of their bodies that are still a life. And in our case. The core is in this zombie's body]

"So, in other words. I have to mutilate this zombie's?"

[No need. Just stab in the heart, between the lungs, or the navel. Usually there is one of those 3 parts]

"Ohh... that's what i mean by mutilate this zombie."

Yoru with a reluctant face prepares to stab the zombie. But he stopped after hearing what the System said.

[It's actually better. If you can take the core from this creature without destroying it. You can use the core to increasing the amount of mana you have. The same as a mana core.]

"So I still have to mutilate this zombie?"

[In other words. Yes]

Yoru reluctantly took a knife from the inventory and autopsied the zombie.

"Iuhhhh... Oh fuck. This is so disgusting."

Yoru complained after slashing the zombie's chest. Of course, because what came out of the incision Yoru made was not blood. But a mucus in green color and smells so bad that make him want to puke.

"System, are there other creatures like this that we need to watch out for?"

[Lots. If my prediction is correct. Creatures like this may already be many in this world. It's also possible, zombies appear because creatures like this appear]

"So, they caused all this to happen?"

[Only one possibility. There is another possibility I can think of. But since the Eye of Truth is still sealed, there isn't much information that I can get]

"Tell me another possibility. So that I can make a little plan for the future."

[Okay]

[1. A group tries to mutate human genetics, but ends up with an error]

[2. A group creates a virus that turns humans into zombies. But they also make anti-virus for sale]

[3. Messenger Of Dead appears and turns everything they kills into zombies]

[4. Messenger Of Dead appears at the same time as Messenger Of Life. With Messenger Of Dead in charge of killing, Messenger Of Life in charge of life. But without the Messenger Of Soul to bridge them. So everything the Messenger Of Life revived became like this]

[5. Zombies appear because this world wants them. It's mean that this world really has to be reset]

[6. All of this happened because this world underwent evolution]

Yoru paused to think while autopsied the Messenger Of Dead he killed.

"I understand with reasons 1 and 2. And both are easier to deal with. For the third, maybe a little more difficult but not impossible." Yoru was silent.

"For the 4th, it's practically impossible. With Dead to kill. Life to revive. And Soul, maybe implanting souls. So as long as Dead and Life are still around, all this is impossible to stop."

"And the 5th. That's absolutely impossible. If the world itself made all of this."

"And, the 6th. What do you mean by that?"

28