Chapter 37
588 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Saeko and Shizuka were meditating. Yoru thought hard about what he could do. He opened his inventory and looked for items he could use. And he find something interesting.

'If I can modify this item to be lighter and sharper. Maybe I can use this thing. But how I modify this thing. Even if I resize it with symbols. This thing will not be as strong as it should be.'

[Just let it be that big. You just need to make it lighter, spin faster, stronger and sharper. So if you wear it on both your hands, you need 80 mana]

Yoru liked the idea he got from system and immediately took out the thing and carved out the symbol he would use. He also didn't forget to engrave the symbol on the katana that Saeko would use.

Yoru then tried to swing the two he had just finished modifying.

'It's a little heavy because the symbol hasn't been activated yet. I don't want to waste mana, so I'll only activate it when the zombies get here.'

And with that. Everyone doing their job so that they can survive the zombie attack that is about to happen.

***

All ready. They had prepared their weapons, and equipment to the best of their ability. They also use lighting as much as possible so that the place is not too dark. They also didn't forget to mix up some UV lamps too.

And not for long, Yoru heard a notification.

[1st wave zombie arrive in 10 minutes]

'Now, this looks like a tower defense game.'

Yoru then stand above the bus that was parked behind the fence.

"Attention everyone! The zombies are approaching! They will be here in 10 minutes or faster! As we agreed. Me, Saeko, and Souichiro will come out against them and you guys attack from within the fence. We will use this strategy until further notice."

Everyone looks worried. But Yoru with two big thing in his hands didn't care and jumped over the ditch and waited for the zombies to approach.

Saeko and Souichiro who saw Yoru, finally followed him and prepared their katanas.

Of course Yoru didn't forget to activate the 4 symbols on each thing he used and the symbols on the katana that used by Saeko. He also added 3 Agi and 2 End in his body.

[Remind. Skin modification has reached 80%]

'Ehh... I didn't really think about it, but, did I do it automatically.'

[Yes. You also recover your mana more quickly. If without mana gathering you have 9/hour, now you have 15/hour. But it can increase if we focus only on recovering your mana and stop the skin modification]

'Oh. I better recover my mana first. For modifications I can do it when I don't fight. At least with more mana, I can make more symbols to increase my status'

Before long, Yoru could see zombies walking closer.

"I can see them. Soon they'll be running here. So get ready!"

Everyone started to prepare themselves. Especially those who use spear, and those who use guns.

"I didn't expect any of your crew to be able to use a bow." Yoru broke the tension a bit.

"I didn't think so myself either. I've never used bows either. That thing aren't that useful against humans. You know what I mean right?" Souichiro answered but was still focused on the approaching zombies.

"Maybe we need to make a crossbow. For strength, crossbows are stronger, and more practical too. An amateur might be able to use them. Bolts can be reused anyway, arrows are usually one time use only." Yoru made his suggestion.

"That's good too. Maybe it's better than arrows. And guns also have limited ammunition." Souichiro liked Yoru's idea.

"They start to ran." Saeko interrupted Yoru and Souichiro's conversation.

Yoru then turned his focus on the zombie that run toward them. "Let's see how you Dance" Yoru smiled sinisterly and then ran towards the hordes of zombies who were also running towards him.

Saeko and Souichiro followed not far from behind. And all three also received support fire from behind.

Yoru with the two thing he was carrying slaughtered all the zombies that approached him. Saeko is not much different, it's just that Saeko is not as fast as Yoru.

"This little Busujima is really getting stronger. And look at that. He said "Let's Dance" before running. And he does look like he's dancing right now. Only his partner dies after one move. I never see someone using a chainsaw like that."

Souichiro was amazed by how Yoru controlled the chainsaw he was carrying. All of his techniques are not as good as Saeko's. However, Yoru's movements are very smooth. No energy wasted at all.

Even though the three of them were killing relentlessly, the number of zombies was too much for the three of them. Some of the zombies managed to escape and approach the fence. But the zombies that passed through the three were killed by those who were inside the fence.

But with the number of zombies that is too much. They can't kill everyone. Several zombies managed to get close. But because zombies can't jump. They fell into the ditch.

[You are too far forward. Back off now]

Hearing the reminder from system. Yoru came to his senses and shouted. "Let's go back first. We're too far ahead."

Hearing Yoru's shout, Saeko and Souichiro decided to retreat as well.

"We're keeping our distance here." Yoru warned the two.

"How do you know we're too far ahead?" Souichiro asked.

"Yes, how do you know?" Saeko was confused.

"It's a little hard to explain. Let's just say, I've created a zone in my head, a zone where I should be. So if I get out of that zone. I will feel weird. That's when I realized that I was too much."

[Actually. I'm the one who tell you]

'I can't said to them that I hear your reminder right?'

The three of them chatted while killing zombies. Which made everyone who saw the three of them feel a little strange.

***

After 10 minutes of killing zombies nonstop. Yoru decided to back off.

"We're retreating. Kouta prepare your bomb!" Yoru shouted warning the others.

Kouta who heard Yoru's shout immediately smiled and said. "It's my time baby."

"Yoru-san, I'm ready!" Kouta shouted signaling those in front.

The three immediately jumped over the ditch after hearing Souta's shout. After seeing the three of them had already jumped, Kouta immediately threw the fish bomb he made.

"Fire in the hole!!!"

BOOOOMMM!!!

A loud booming sound was heard after Kouta threw his homemade bomb.

"What was that scream?" Souichiro asked Kouta.

"You don't know? That's how soldiers scream in Counter-Strike to warn their team members when they throw bombs." Yoru answered Souichiro's question.

"I've always wanted to say it." Kouta scratched the back of his head.

"They are endless." Yoru complained seeing their current state.

Yoru then got on the bus and looked around. With the sound of a bomb explosion as a bgm. He looked carefully.

"Yoru, what are you looking for?" Souichiro was confused.

Yoru paused briefly and then looked in another direction.

"Shuzuka, throw a bow and arrow at me." Yoru asks for help from Saeko as he doesn't want to lose what he just saw.

Shizuka threw a bow and arrow at Yoru. Yoru immediately take it and readied his bow and arrow. He didn't forget to use symbols to make the arrow stronger and go faster.

'20 mana. No problem. If my prediction is correct. After these zombies die. The first wave will stop.'

Yoru then released his arrow. The arrow went fast and instantly smashed the zombie's head and knocked down a tree that was used by the zombie to hide.

Yoru then immediately ran to Kouta and grabbed a bomb and Molotov cocktails. Yoru threw the bomb and was followed by Molotov.

The bomb destroyed several trees and the Molotov cocktail he threw burned all the fallen trees.

After that, Yoru immediately jumped the fence, took his chainsaw, and immediately killed all the remaining zombies.

[1st wave cleared. Next wave in 4 hours]

After all the zombies are dead. Yoru got back on the bus and said.

"We have a problem." Yoru scratched the back of his head. And he clearly got a mixed feeling about what he want to say.

"Huhf. There's another horde of zombies walking over here. Probably get here in 3 or 4 hours. So let's take a break and regroup first."

Someone raised his hand.

"You who raised your hand. Anything you want to say?" Yoru gave the opportunity for the person to ask.

"Why don't we just get out of here?" he said.

"Good suggestion. But where are we going? Besides. You who near the big flashlight. Could you point that flashlight down the road ahead."

The man Yoru pointed to pointed the flashlight in the direction Yoru asked and everyone was shocked to see what was there.

23