Chapter 38
582 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ahh... That's gross."

"What the hell is that!"

Saeko looked a little annoyed. "The naked zombies."

Everyone look at Saeko with strange face.

"No... Yoru call it like that this morning."

Everyone look at Yoru with the strange face.

"But they naked right?"

Everyone facepalm at the same time.

"I called them that just to be easy to remembered them. But I named them "Night crawler" because they can only be found at night. They are stronger and more agile than ordinary zombies. Even Saeko took quite a while to kill one zombie like that."

Everyone was shocked by Yoru's explanation. Of course. They saw with their own eyes that Saeko could slash zombies like cutting tofu. If people like that have trouble, how about ordinary people.

"Saeko, how long did it take you to kill that zombie." Souichiro asked not believing what he was hearing.

"3-5 minutes for one zombie. But if there are that many. Impossible." Saeko answered honestly.

Everyone looked at Yoru.

"Don't look at me with those eyes. Like I said this afternoon. No matter how strong I am. I'm alone. If there were that many zombies of course I'd be tired. And you know what happened after that. You all will die, probably. But for sure that I will die there."

Everyone looks worried.

"Don't worry. They don't like bright places and warm place. They especially don't like UV light. That's why they don't come close. Because the house is surrounded by UV light."

Everyone calmed down a bit.

"Don't tell me the zone you mean is the zone where the UV light is." Souichiro came to a conclusion.

"100 points for Souichiro-kun."

Yoru clapped his hands.

Then Yoru looked at the person who raised his hand earlier.

"Do you understand why I didn't ask us to get out of here?" The man nodded.

"If any of you ask why didn't we leave this afternoon? The answer is, because we are all busy modifying safe vehicles so we can get out of here. Better stop and prepare than go and die on the road, right?"

Everyone nodded at Yoru's explanation.

"Since you guys understand, let's take a break first. And please help those who can cook to prepare food. And the rest please prepare what we will use for the next attack. If you understand and there are no other questions. You may disperse." Yoru finished everything because there were no new questions.

After everything disbanded. Yoru walked up to a large UV lamp and pointed it at an empty lot. Yoru then came out of the fence and threw all the zombie bodies into the empty land.

After cleaning, Yoru then burned the pile of zombies.

'I'm not sure that all these bodies can be burned. 307 zombie bodies.'

[But if you allow all this. Something will be created from all these bodies]

'Is it that bad?'

[Bad. Nasty. If my prediction is correct. Zombies that eat the flesh of other zombies have more chances to evolve]

'The point is, if I don't destroy all these bodies. Something troublesome will be created?'

[Correct]

'Sigh, I'm starting to feel confused about the laws and rules that exist in this world.'

[Newly evolved worlds usually have slightly unclear laws and rules. Because the world itself is just adapting itself]

'It's like a woman in puberty.'

[Gaia is a beautiful woman with a splendid body]

'I didn't want to know that.' Yoru facepalm after hearing what System says.

'System, don't you have a symbol that I can use to exterminate all these corpses?'

[The inconspicuous symbol like that does not exist. If is a flashy one. There are a lot]

'Can you tell me something less flashy?'

[There is one symbol named "Disintegration". This symbol will destroy anything in the range of the symbol. Even a soul. But if you use this symbol you will not get kill count]

'So I can't use this symbol to kill?'

[You can. There are creatures that cannot be killed but are not immortal. They just can't be killed. But they can still die]

'You mean? This creature is not immortal but cannot be killed but can die? What the fuck is that'

[Quasi immortality. This is a state where all the cells or energy in a creature's body and soul cannot be exhausted or regenerate endlessly]

'Ah, Wolverine's or Deadpool's healing factor. They can still live from just one drop of blood. But if I'm not mistaken even Dead can't kill Deadpool. I don't really know how, but they certainly didn't die even if an atomic bomb go kaboom over their heads.'

[Yes. Like that. If you meet an enemy like that. The only way is to remove them is to disintegrate them]

'But why didn't you tell me from the start about this?'

[Because such a creature cannot exist in this world. Even if this world finished evolving. Such an immortal being shouldn't exist]

'Couldn't exist?'

[Yes. There can't be. Because the evolutionary level of a world determines the limits of the abilities and powers of the creatures in that world]

'Oh.. Wait. isn't you trying to make a god out of me? If the limit of my power is determined by this world, and this world cannot possibly have immortal. How can you be sure that you can make me a god?'

[Because I'm the one who make you. Across the existing multiverse. There is no system that is equivalent to mine or better. I'm the one and only. Unless that being decides to make something better than me. I can only raise my hand and give up]

'So it's because I have you that I can break through the limits of power in this world?'

[Yes]

'Huh... Besides this world still doesn't have clear laws and rules. Now I have to think about what are you going to do? Don't add to the burden on my mind.'

[You don't have to think about it. All you need to think about is how to complete the mission]

'I know about it. But I also need to think about something else. I have to train my body to get used to everything the system has to offer and try to use it all without any help from the system. For example using magic.'

[Why do you have to think about that?]

'I just don't want a time when I can't do anything if that being decides to take you from me or give me a mission where I'm not allowed to use your help or the system. I know you are the only one who can't possibly leave me or betray me. But that's all if that being doesn't interfere. But if that being decides something. Nothing can prevent it, right?'

[Ah. You're right]

Yoru smiled.

'So can you make it slow. Your plan to make a God'

[If that's what you want. I can turn off the system for a while so you can practice without using the system]

'Ehhh...' Yoru was shocked and gaped.

'You can do it?'

[Of course. All the active parts of the system are under my control]

'Then next time please help me.'

[Okay. For now. Please study the symbols I sent you]

Yoru then learns the disintegration symbol gave him. After half an hour of studying. Yoru decided not to use it now. Because the effects of disintegration are still too flashy, and he decided to burn the corpses of all the zombies with just gasoline and wood.

22