Chapter 39
608 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After he finish everything, Yoru decided to return to Saya's house.

"Yoru, you said they would come in 3 or 4 hours didn't you?" Souichiro immediately asked when he managed to meet Yoru.

"Yeah, is there a problem?" Yoru became serious.

"Yeah. A bit of a problem with the number of bombs we have. Because we don't have that many materials." Souichiro looked worried.

"Then let's just set a trap. We spread barbed wire and run it with electricity. I'm sure that will slow them down. We've got enough generators and fuel for that." Yoru gave his suggestion.

Souichiro paused for a moment to think and finally nodded his head.

"Alright, I'll get some people to set the trap." Souichiro then immediately ran to meet Miamura and Matsudo.

For Yoru who doesn't have any job. He decided to continue the skin modification process he had stopped earlier. But Yoru hide on the roof of the house to continue.

After an hour had passed. The skin modification process is complete.

[Skin modification completed 100%. Mana +50. Mana Regen +3 Continue right eye modification]

'Ohhh... My mana has increased. Regeneration also increases. I can make more symbols with this.'

'System, can you help me practice controlling mana without the system's help? We still have 1-2 hours. For eye modification, we do it after the second wave.'

[Okay. When you're ready, I'll deactivate the system]

'Okay, do it.'

With that, System shut down the system and Yoru feels a clear change in him.

'My body feels heavy. Is this the true capabilities of this body? I feel weaker than when I was in my original world.'

[Your body is set to synergize with the system. So if the system is turned off. Your body seems to have lost half of everything]

'But I think it's more than half. I even have a little trouble controlling this body.'

[That's because you haven't gotten used to your body. Basically, you are only 2 days old in this world]

'Arg. Painful truth.'

[Even so. You had sex i the first night you used this body]

'Do you need to say that?'

[Not. Actually none of this is matters]

'Right. Please remind me after an hour. I'll try to control my mana now.'

[Okay]

Yoru then tried to remember what he felt when he controlled his mana with the help of the system. Even if the system was shut down, it didn't mean he had lost all the knowledge and memories he had.

With all that, Yoru attempted to repeat all the processes he needed to control his mana.

One hour ended in an instant.

'Arg, a bit difficult, but not impossible.'

[I don't think the result is what I expected]

'I purposely use multitasking for other things, because I wanted to try to use multitasking without system assistance too.'

'I'm not in too much of a hurry. And for me mana control and multitasking are skills that I have to master first.'

[So. Are you satisfied with the result]

'Quite satisfied. I can more or less control my mana. Maybe if I had more time I might be able to perfect it.'

[But you don't have much time do you]

'Yes. I need to prepare myself for the next wave. Please activate the system.'

Yoru then stood up and with the system active again. He used the farsight and night vision symbols in his left eye. He also checked the surrounding area to see where the hordes of zombies were walking.

'They're slower than I expected. But there are more of them.

[Do you think it will be more difficult because of their number]

'Not really. I'll try to reduce their number using bows first.'

Yoru came down from the roof of the house. And immediately go to met Souichiro.

"Yo, are the preparations ready?" Yoru immediately greeted Souichiro after meeting him.

"All of them is ready. We just need to get some rest now. How long do we have?" Souichiro answered while drinking coffee.

"Not long, maybe 40 minutes. And there are a little more of them than before. We might have been attacked by about 500 zombies earlier. Now maybe 750 zombies." Yoru said with an indifferent face while making coffee for himself.

"You look calm with their numbers." Souichiro was a little surprised and felt that Yoru didn't care.

"As long as they're just ordinary zombies. I have enough stamina for them. Especially with the traps and help from those who attacking from behind." Yoru answered while eating bread.

"But are you sure all this is enough?" Souichiro looked a little worried.

"Don't worry. That's enough. We need to save a lot of thing too. Because there's a chance that another horde might be making their way here." Yoru said with a flat face.

"You say as if you know everything." Souichiro was a little suspicious of Yoru.

"Because I know. In addition to the 750 who walked here. There are millions of zombies gathered across the river. And I also saw a zombie that was a little different from the others. And that zombie was standing right in front of that zombie horde. Maybe he was the zombie that ruled all the zombies." Yoru mixes lies with honesty in his words.

[I don't see any zombie like that]

'I lied a little. It's not possible for me to say that this zombie attack happened because of the influence of the world?'

[That is true]

Yoru also talked with Souichiro and spent time until the zombies were getting closer.

[2nd wave zombie arrive in 10 minutes]

"We'd better get ready now." Yoru finished his coffee and bread and walked towards the fence.

Souichiro then instructed the others to get ready as well.

Arriving at the fence, Yoru prepared his bow and arrow.

"You're not coming forward?" Souichiro asked after seeing Yoru prepare his bow.

"I'll try to reduce their number first." Yoru then climbs up the roof of the bus to get ready.

"Yoru where have you been?" Shizuka looks sullen and grumpy after meeting Yoru.

Even if it's like that. Shizuka immediately got on the bus roof and hugged Yoru. Yoru stroked Shizuka's head and comforted her.

"I need to try something. Because it's a little dangerous. So I hide earlier." Yoru explained a little. "Are you still doing meditation with Saeko?" He added because Yoru felt that Shizuka's body had a little mana now.

"Yeah, because I don't have much to do." Shizuka answered while snuggling into Yoru's lap.

"Could you two not flirting now?" Souichiro said with a wry face. And the others didn't seem to like what Yoru and Shizuka were doing.

But different from what they expected. Saeko then also climbs up the roof of the bus and then kisses Yoru.

"Just say you want to do the same thing." Saeko said and kissed Yoru again.

Everyone could only stare after hearing what Saeko said.

Yoru just smiled awkwardly with Shizuka on his lap and Saeko hugged him from behind.

24