chapter three
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Four

After school, I went to our mansion's indoor dojo. I completed both the staff form and Long-form four.

My dad walked in as I completed Long-form four. we made eye contact. I forced a smile on my face.

“That was good but at the end make that last punch a little stronger,” he told me with a smile that stretched cheek to cheek. he loved karate and loved the fact that I liked it too.

“Like this?” I said and repeated the last punch of the form I was running.

“Just like that.” my dad replied “I know you told me you didn’t decide if you wanted to join a new dojo but if you don’t want to spar and practice in the house dojo and maybe with me. I am fine with that.”

“I know dad, I will let you know my answer as soon as I know it.”

“OK thank you, and I want you to know that I will still love you and be proud of you no matter what choice you make," he said.

"I know dad, "I replied. 

he reminded me 24/7 about it.

I went inside and skipped dinner and went straight to school tomorrow After dreading School I went straight to bed. I had a hard time falling asleep again but this time I don't think I'm sleeping anymore.

I woke up early the next morning and got dressed in some ripped jeans and a sweater that says California in black letters with a white outline. and started walking to school without any breakfast. As I walked to school I saw something distinct. I walked closer and closer until I could make out who it was. Then I saw the most horrifying thing I saw since I moved here it was Ben there was rose-colored blood cover all over his hand he was holding up the same boy fatigue boy I saw the day before the first day of school he was missing his two front teeth and the same rose color blood was pouring out of him he had two black eyes that were the same color of purple grapes.

“LAST WARNING” he screamed as loud as he could “GIMME YOUR MONEY.”

“I don't have any!!!” the boy cried but not only because of the pain

Then he smashed his head against the rocky soil and I could hear his head crack and then I sprinted. I sprinted as fast as my legs could carry me sprinted until I saw my house and ran inside into my room scarred as ever

I was playing in the park in California when a teenager walked up to me.

“Kid were you parents?” he asked

“Over there.” I pointed

Before I knew what was happening he punched me in the eye and then uppercut me in the stomach. covered couldn't bear the pain

I Ran as fast as I can back to daddy crying sure the whole world could hear me

I went back to the present and burst into tears and my dad came in

“Rose, what's wrong?”He asked

“There was blood everywhere ran-” I Weed

“Slow down” He replied “start from the beginning”

“I was walking to school, then I saw a bully cracking another boy's skull open,” I told hi

“Oh god... He’s a littoral Soho path.” he thought out loud

“Dad, please don't call the school, you’ll only make things worse,” I asked

“I won’t sweetie, I’ll do something much worse,” he told me

“Dad please don't interfere, he already has it out for me.”

“Wait, WHAT how and why did this happen- that doesn't matter- Just stay away from him OK?”

“OK dad” I replied

And he walked out of my room

I cried, I cried so much over so many things, for the first time in a long time I was scared half to death

My mom walked in

“Rose, I know you're upset but your friend Ella wrote you a letter.”

I didn't respond. I just stared at her until she put the letter in front of me on my bed and she walked out of my room. I grabbed the letter and read it. it read:

Hi Again Rose

I will text your number soon-if I can remember probably not. our karate tournament is tomorrow I will tell you if we win or not fingers crossed we do!

By the way, I am fine if you join a new dojo or not same with everyone else we all miss you here and sorry this letter is short it pretty boring here and nothing to write about

Have a good day/night

-Ella

I folded the letter back up and put it on my desk. Then I grabbed a piece of paper and started writing back I wrote:

Hi Ella 

I have decided to join a new dojo because there is a bully in my school that cracked someone's head open,.. and now I am scared.. so if I don't write back or text I want you to know why.

Good luck on the turdemet tells the rest of the dojo I said hi, and that I miss them so much. I will tell you anything important that happens here, in my new home.

XOXO -Rose

I put the letter in the envelope and set it down on my desk and walked downstairs into the house's dojo and I saw my dad standing at the door.

“Dad, I am ready to join a new dojo,” I told him, confident in my decision.  

He dropped his guard in a nanosecond “Really-! I mean that's great, well check out a couple of dojos down the streets, they have really good reviews online-”

“Can we go now?” I asked my dad.

“ Of course, we can! Let's hope in the car right now,” he told me excitedly 

And we walked out and hopped in the car 

"what made you change your mind so fast?" my dad asked me as we drove

"well karate is a thing I love and I realized that I have everyone's support and then I asked myself why not?" I explain to my dad. 

"that makes sense."My dad replied.

0