Chapter 34 – A turbulent night 3.
1k 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Mufasa's point of view)

Suddenly, the party celebrating the white faction's unity was attacked. I was unharmed outside the dust cloud for some reason. For the first time, our alliance was attacked in this manner, and it happened in my kingdom. Faced with such humiliation, I felt an indescribable hatred well up within me.

When I awoke and saw the blue-haired elf who had carried out the attack fleeing like a coward, I pursued him. When I exited the main hall, I found myself in a corridor full of guard corpses. They most likely heard the noise made by the cast spell and came to see what had happened.

Unfortunately, they ran into the blue-haired elf. The elf most likely killed them without hesitation. The elf used magic to kill the guards, as evidenced by the cut marks on their bodies and the smell of magical power in the air.

We demihumans, particularly me, are extremely sensitive to smell. We can detect almost any type of scent, including those left by magical powers. I used my sense of smell to track down where the elf had gone. I arrived at the palace garden after running through the corridors, following his scent.

"You're finally here."

"Who are you, you bastard? What do you mean by attacking us."

"I'm Sabans, one of the leaders of the [Night Shadow] group. You asked my objective? Isn't it obvious? To weaken the demon king's enemies."

"You are an elf."

"I was once an elf, a long time ago. Today, am I a demon."

Sebans' eyes glowed red, horns sprouted from his forehead, his teeth became sharp and his fingernails became claws. The appearance of a beautiful elf was replaced by the hideous appearance of a demon.

"Before we fight. Let me tell you what will happen."

"..."

"In the middle of our fight, you're going to start to feel weak and weak and in that moment, I'm going to kill you."

"That's ridiculous."

"Huhuhuhuhu, no effect has appeared yet because your body is big. But, you drugged. Just like the empress of humans and the king of elves."

"..."

"Don't worry. It's not a lethal drug, it's a drug to destabilize your system, weakening your entire body and your senses."

"DAMN YOU."

"It's all a matter of time. Soon you won't be the same and you'll die."

"No. Not if you die first."

After that, I went into bestial mode. If what this guy is saying is correct, I only have a short time before I start losing strength. Before that can happen, I must eliminate this cursed elf. When confronted with this situation, my body doubled in size and became fur-covered, my appearance changed to that of a lion, and my claws grew.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. MAGNIFICENT."

That elf is a sociopath. I roared as I ran towards him after fully transforming. I moved my claws vertically, hoping to sever the elf's body. My attack, however, was intercepted by the wind and cut the ground in front of me. I felt something like a whip hit me in the side.

As I move backwards, I notice a small cut in my abdomen. Sebans, who had evaded my attack, counterattacked with tentacles. Looking at him, I notice several blue tentacles protruding from his back. It had about eight tentacles, all of which were terrifying.

Sebans swings his tentacles towards me like spears this time. I cut off most of the tentacles with my claws, causing blood to splatter everywhere. However, the tentacles returned to normal and approached me once more. This time, I jumped high and attacked with my skill [Lion Claw].

Ten beams of magical power shot out from my claws and flew towards the elf, who defended himself with a defensive spell. He made a ball-shaped barrier around his body. However, this barrier was unable to withstand all of the attacks and collapsed. When the elf realized he was in danger, he attempted to flee, but one of the claws struck him.

We were now identical. I had a tentacle-caused wound on the side of my body, and he had a claw-caused wound in his chest. I smiled as I landed on the ground. However, my smile faded as I felt my heart racing in ways I had never felt before, and my lungs felt more tired than usual.

"Huhuhuhu, it seems to have started to take effect. You were very stupid to enter bestial fear, it only accelerated the effect of the poison."

"Shit."

"Now, entertain me more."

Sebans' tentacles came at me like a bolt of lightning. I raised my arms to defend myself in this situation. Then there was the impact, and my arm was pierced several times. The garden was drenched in my blood this time.

I took a step back and examined my badly damaged arm. My arm was lacerated and bled profusely. I saw a psycho face in Sebans. He had a disturbing smile on his face and one of his tentacles was licking my blood in his mouth.

With each passing second, I feel my body and, as a result, my senses becoming more tired. Sebans, who was in front of me, suddenly jumped towards me. With him in the air, I saw an opportunity. I attacked him by roaring like a lion. This attack consists of releasing a burst of magical power from the mouth for the duration of the roar.

In this attack, I roared as loudly as I could. The elf used its tentacles to cover its body as the attack approached. However, it was in vain, as the attack landed squarely on him. When I saw the elf flying through the air, I knew I'd won.

However, the smile that had appeared on my face vanished when I saw the elf had turned to dust. At that moment, I realized I had stepped into a trap. I didn't notice because the poison had weakened my senses. But, during my attack, the elf was in front of me, and the one in the air was a clone.

The elf in front of me had sunk its claws into my chest. I reverted to my normal form, defeated. Without hesitation, the elf pulls my heart from my chest, sending my body crashing to the ground. As I was falling, I noticed Luke and Carina arriving at the Garden.

My filia's tearful expression was the last thing I saw.

....

(Luke's POV)

"You are the boy who was with the empress of humans." .

"This was all planned wasn't it?"

"Huhu, so you noticed? Yes, it was all planned."

The blue-haired elf began to speak. He passed the exams to become the elf king's guard a few years ago. It took a long time, but he eventually gained the trust of the king of the elves and was chosen to accompany him to the event. He planned everything knowing that the three great leaders of the white faction would be gathered in one place.

He wrote a letter to a spy who had infiltrated the demihumans' palace. The plan was to drug the three great leaders, just as I predicted. They had different cups than regular people because they were leaders. As a result, it was simple for an infiltrator to drug the cups. All he had to do was rub the powder inside the glass to fix the drug and place the cups in their proper places.

Knowing this, he separated himself from the leaders and activated the magic circles. The elf king and Margaret had very little chance of survival after the attack. Mufasa, the only survivor, would go after the elf and kill him. In this manner, the elf and Mufasa would fight, and Mufasa would die as a result of the drug.

Almost everything went as planned. I'm not sure how the king of the elves survived, but Margaret would have died if it hadn't been for me. Furthermore, Mufasa followed the elf's plan and, sadly, died as a result. Despite Mufasa's death, the night could have been far worse.

"Carina, this is not the time to cry. If you want to avenge your father, get up and kill that bastard."

"...."

"If you won't, I will."

I took a step forward.

"What's your name?"

"Sebans."

"Prepare to go to hell."

I moved towards Sebans, who was moving tentacles towards me. I used my [Leviathan] technique to slice through the tentacles until I got close to Sebans. When he saw my sword approaching, he jumped back and retrieved his tentacles. He possesses exceptional regenerative abilities.

This time, a magical circle appeared above my head. It was the same magic that had attacked Margaret in the Great Hall. The magic emerged from the magic circle and rushed towards me, destroying everything. As the attack destroyed the ground, dust rose. But it didn't hit me.

I used [Hydra God Footsteps] to dodge the attack, and at high speed, approach Sebans. Surprised, he moves his tentacles towards me, however, I dodge by leaping into the air and move to Sebans' back.

I then swung my sword vertically, slashing across Sebans' back. Again, the garden, which was already covered in blood, was bathed even more. It was supposed to be a fatal blow, but seban's tentacles came towards me, making me jump back.

Sebans, who was bleeding, looked at me with murderous intent in his eyes. My body is becoming increasingly tired as a result of the magic of soul sharing. Sebans dashed towards me, unconcerned about my condition. I approached him without hesitation. We started a direct confrontation this time.

Sebans began attacking me with his tentacles as I swung my sword. Despite his ability to perform magic, this man possesses tremendous physical strength. We were across the yard in the blink of an eye.

I attacked at times, and Sebans at others. Our sparring lasted a long time, and Sebans had the upper hand in this situation. Sebans' tentacles always returned to normal, despite my precarious situation. And in our sparring, I was the one who suffered the most damage.

I felt the pain in my body increase at one point during the fight. It was yet another result of soul sharing. Sebans hit me at that precise moment, sending me flying across the Garden and crashing to the ground. My sword fell away from me, and I found myself unarmed.

Sebans, seeing me in this state, aimed all the tentacles on my body. However, before being hit, a spear was thrown towards Sebans, making him retreat.

"Sorry I'm late, Luke."

Carina, who had just saved me, stopped beside me. I could see incredible determination in her eyes. I got up and fetched my sword.

"Carina, let's purge this monster from history."

...

thanks to everyone who is supporting the story on Ko-Fi. Also support: Ko-fi.com/perve69

33