Chapter 35 – A turbulent night 4.
874 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carina and I versus Sebans, a demonic elf. Sebans, despite appearing to be in good health, is struggling to breathe. After all, he'd fought Mufasa and me briefly before Carina intervened. This had to have put some physical strain on him, which could be beneficial to us.

Carina picked up her spear and braced herself, her eyes filled with emotion. Carina's eyes were filled with determination, sadness, and, most of all, hatred. After all, she just witnessed her father's murder.

Everyone fell silent for a brief moment. Only our reparations were audible in the garden. Carina and I moved quickly towards the elf after that brief moment. Carina took a left, and I took a right. Sebans moved his tentacles to protect himself from the attacks as we approached.

The main issue is Sebans' tentacles. In addition to having a high attack power, these tentacles have a high resistance and are used to defend. After deflecting our attacks, Sebans formed two magical circles above his head and directed the magic at Carina and me.

The main issue is the tentacles of Sebans. These tentacles have a high resistance to attack and are used for defense. Following our attacks, Sebans formed two magic circles on top of his head and directed the magic at Carina and me.

We both retreated to avoid the attack. Carina, on the other hand, swung her spear at Sebans while taking a step back. The spear shaft slipped through Carina's fingers, the point pointing toward Sebans. He avoided using the tentacles this time. However, Carina's spear grazed his side.

His failure to use the tentacles gave me the opportunity to move on Sebans' back. This time, I used my skill [slashing the sky] to try to cut his tentacles. My sword was blocked by some sort of cap the first time I tried to cut sebans back.

Sebans appears to have something attached to his back where the tentacles protrude. I swung my sword diagonally, full of magical power. My sword was spewing rays that burned everything it touched.

Sebans, who couldn't react quickly enough, had to witness my sword cutting into his back. Just as I suspected, something on his back gave rise to tentacles. I wouldn't have been able to cut this shell if I hadn't used a skill.

Seban cried out in pain as my sword slashed across his back. Carina swung her spear at Sebans as he screamed in agony. Carina's spear slashed through the wind, piercing Sebans' shoulder. Carina then swung the spear diagonally, severing one arm.

Sebans was cornered and had a moment of despair. Sebans let out a loud scream and expelled a large amount of magic power from his body, moved by emotion. Then a series of magical circles formed around his body. Several spells were shot in all directions in a brutal manner.

With no other option, a spell hit me in the abdomen, causing me to fly a few meters. My stomach burned when I landed on the ground. When I look, I see that the spell did a lot of damage to me, causing a bleed on the spot. Carina was also struck by one of the magical circles, but she managed to dodge and avoid serious injury.

Carina jumped back the moment the magical circles formed. She managed to get the reflex to try to avoid the magic when it was fired. One of the spells, however, grazed her in the shoulder area. It's a good thing she was able to avoid the spell; if it had hit her, Carina's head would have exploded.

My senses were deteriorating with each passing minute. My vision was blurring, my breathing was labored, and my body was depleted. At this point, I have no choice but to finish this fight in the next move.

I looked at Carina, who was looking at me as well. I concentrated all of my magical power into my sword, signaling to Carina that I intended to finish the fight in the next few moves. When Sebans became aware of the threat, he conjured up several magical circles and attached them to his own body.

Because he no longer has tentacles, I believe he will defend himself with magic circles this time. The tentacles were irreparably damaged when I slashed his back, hence his hood.

I take a deep breath and concentrate all of my magical power on the sword. Then I sprint towards Sebans. I began to move my sword gracefully while wielding [Heavenly Sword]. I was doing 20 sword swings in a row at this point.

Sebans, taken aback by my movements, was unable to respond and was attacked. Sebans' muscles had been severed, and blood was gushing everywhere. Anyone would be distressed and desperate in this situation. Sebans, on the other hand, had a smile at the corner of his lips, which made me very uncomfortable.

The magical circles affixed to Sebans' body were ineffective. The magical circle vanished with each hit I landed. But nothing happened. When I was about to make my final move, a massive magical circle appeared in Sebans' abdomen area.

I immediately paused my attack and held the sword in front of my body. Then a powerful magical force struck me, sending me flying across the garden. This time, I took even more punishment. When I looked at myself, I noticed that my skin was raw and that my body was covered in blood.

When I looked at Sebans, I noticed that he was covered in sword cuts and blood. He began walking towards me while saying a few words. He began to explain what he had done. He basically used a skill that absorbs attacks and bounces them back.

That's what the magical circles on his body were for: to absorb my attacks. He sacrificed his own body, receiving my skill's attacks, to absorb her power. When he saw an opening, he cast another magical circle containing the full force of my attack. In a nutshell, I received my own power.

"You almost killed me, boy. I would have died if I hadn't formed the magic circle at that precise moment."

What Sebans stated is correct. I was about to deliver the knockout blow when he formed the magical circle. I intended to swing my sword horizontally, severing the demon's head. But I failed, and now I'm in this situation, near death.

"What makes you laugh?" Sebans inquired.

I hadn't noticed, and Sebans hadn't either. We were both so exhausted and close to death that we didn't notice. For a brief moment, I forgot Carina were present. She has the perfect opportunity to murder him at that moment.

"Burn in hell, cretin." I said.

I rolled to the side after my speech to avoid the oncoming attack. Sebans, who was facing the attack, didn't have time to avoid being split in half. Carina launched an attack from behind, about fifty feet away from Sebans.

When I saw Carina with her spear in hand, I felt a twinge of pride. After all, I taught her the technique she used to kill Sebans. Carina concentrated all of her magical power into the spear and fired it like a beam, severing everything in her path. As I previously stated, this type of attack can be very useful at times.

"Luke." she approached me.

"I just need some rest."

With my body covered in pain, I closed my eyes. At that moment, I didn't expect that I would plunge into a world of memories.

....

I apologize for the size of the chapter, I had an idea block and almost nothing came out. But, I promise to get back to normal in the next few chapters.

And thanks to everyone who is supporting the story on Ko-Fi. Also support: Ko-fi.com/perve69

37