Chapter 38 – It doesn’t matter who you are.
1.4k 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(third person)

Three women were gathered in a room an hour before Luke woke up. Elizabeth and Sarafina were perplexed as to how they had survived the night of the attack. Margaret was the only person who knew the truth at the time because of her conversation with Luke about the illness. Margaret questioned after explaining the details of soul sharing to the other two women.

"What do you think?"

Elizabeth was the first to speak up.

"It's odd that you can die at any time. I mean, one of us dies, and then we all die."

"That was the price to be paid for our lives. What about Luke? Did you see his memories too?"

"Yes, it was kind of disturbing to see something that intimate." Serafina said.

"How do you guys feel about all of this?"

Elizabeth was initially perplexed. In and of itself, the situation was perplexing. Luke, who she thought was younger than her, has a much older soul and has lived a lifetime. In terms of emotions, she is unconcerned about reincarnations; after all, Luke was not to blame. He was forced to reincarnate rather than choosing to do so.

Furthermore, Elizabeth witnessed everything Luke endured in his first life. She felt sorry for his and became enraged, to the point where she considered the Blady and Arthur families to be her enemies. Elizabeth knew at this point that she saw Luke as someone of the opposite sex, even more so now that he is not so young.

What was most pressing on Elizabeth's mind as she considered accepting Luke was the fact that he had saved her. Luke risked his life and made a significant sacrifice to save her. It put an end to all her doubts.

Margaret was in the same boat. Margaret, like Elizabeth, did not hold Luke responsible for reincarnation. It was actually beneficial to her. Margaret would have died if Luke hadn't reincarnated and traveled back in time. However, because of Luke's experiences in the other world, he may be able to save her life.

Furthermore, the current Luke was already in her heart. Margaret had a brief interaction with Luke's emotions while viewing his memories. She was certain that everything she and Luke had gone through in those weeks had been genuine. But there was one thing that bothered her.

It was revealed during the flashback that Luke has a bond with the Goddess of Destruction, who is responsible for Luke's reincarnations. Margaret knows Luke wants to kill Arthur for vengeance, just as she wants to kill the cretin who tortured Luke in his previous life.

Margaret, on the other hand, is the Empress of the Humans and one of the leaders of the White Faction. She cannot let Luke kill Arthur because he is the Hero chosen by the God of Light. Only Arthur can kill the Demon King, and if Luke kills Arthur, he will harm the entire world.

Aside from that, there's still the Goddess of Darkness. It is unknown what she intends to do with Luke; after all, she is responsible for these reincarnations. Margaret, like Elizabeth, intends to listen to Luke. Both women are willing to support him.

Both would like to spend more time with Luke and get to know him for real. Not that the current Luke is a fake, but the two would like to know everything about him. But for that, they must first know what Luke intends to do and if it won't harm the white faction.

.....

(POV Luke) 

I couldn't move properly while lying in bed. Although I appeared to be normal, my muscles were all sore that I could barely move. I tried to get up slowly. Margaret, who was standing next to me, stopped me.

"Do not rise."

Margaret shoved me into bed. She must have seen my memories as well as mine based on the way she spoke to me when I awoke. In fact, all three of these ladies had to have known about my past. I see the three's feelings for me using the skill [eyes of the lord].

[Affection: ???]

To my surprise, I couldn't read their expressions on my own. I couldn't figure out what was going on at the time.

"We have to talk," Margaret said.

"I know."

"I'm going to wake up Elizabeth and Sarafina; they should also participate in this conversation."

Margaret stood up, startling Elizabeth and Sarafina. When the two awoke, there was a moment of silence in the room. All three of the women were staring at me. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth after a brief moment.

"As you three are well aware, this is not my first life. I'm not going to apologize for not telling you about it. After all, I know very little about it."

"Who are you?" Margaret inquired.

"In this world, Luke Blady. As you three saw in my memoirs, this is my second life in this world. I don't really understand it, but after dying in my first life, I went to another world and became Joseph."

"..."

"My first life was a disaster. Everything was bad, which was one of the reasons I committed atrocities as Joseph..... I reached a point in my life where I had given up on everything. I just wanted to die.

"After dying as Joseph, you returned to this world." Elizabeth stated.

"Yes. But it's something complicated that I don't fully comprehend. I went back in time as well, and this is something I don't understand. Only one person knows..."

"The Dark Goddess." Margaret added.

"Yes. I still don't know why or how I reincarnated or traveled back in time. I didn't care about it until a few months ago."

When I returned to this world, my only goal was vengeance. I didn't care how I got back; I just wanted to destroy the Blady family and Arthur. After that, I didn't want to know what would happen to me, whether I would live or die. After all, vengeance was the only thing that moved me.

"I still want vengeance, I want to destroy my family, Sophia, and especially Arthur for what they've done to me. However, after becoming involved with Marceline, Angelica, Mary, and you two, Elizabeth and Margaret, my perspective has shifted."

"..."

"I never had anyone in my first life, and I was afraid of getting emotionally involved with people in my second.... But now I don't want to lose anyone."

What a pity. I burst out crying in front of the three women. During my speech, memories of my first life flooded my mind, and just thinking about going through it again made my heart flutter and tears flow. After a brief moment, I regained my composure and spoke rationally, putting my emotions aside.

"I'm not a good person; I want to murder my family and the God of Light's chosen hero. So if you two want to cut ties with me and never see me again, that's fine. I'm not going to let my selfishness get the best of me. I only ask that you two be cautious."

"Aside from Arthur and the Blady family, do you have any plans to harm the white faction?" Margaret inquired.

"As you may have noticed, my father has his sights set on seizing the throne at some point, and I intend to use this opportunity to exact revenge on the Blady family. In terms of Arthur, I intend to let him play the hero role in the fight against the demon king. I'll kill Arthur after the demon king is defeated. These are my objectives. Aside from that, despite my connection to the goddess of darkness, I have no plans to harm the white faction."

To be honest, I'm not sure how I'll deal with the Goddess of Destruction in the future. I'm not sure what her plans are or what her goal is. But, in order to avoid any danger, I must become strong enough to kill a god if necessary.

Elizabeth, who had been sitting, stood up and approached me. He comes to a halt at the edge of the bed, his gaze fixed on mine. I couldn't figure out what she was thinking. Elizabeth suddenly clenched her fists and swung her arm vertically, striking her in the stomach. My entire body shook.

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT CUTTING TYPE TALK. OUR SOULS ARE CONNECTED, LIKE IT OR NOT, YOU'RE GOING TO PUT DOWN WITH ME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE."

"Pts... Hahaha. Elizabeth is right. As empress, it was my duty to know if you intended to do us any harm. But, I see in your eyes that you don't have that in mind."

"..."

"Like Margaret, my heart already belongs to you, regardless of who you are or what your background is. Luke, you saw what I went through with my ex-husband, and you were the only one who could make me forget about it. Except, as Elizabeth pointed out, our fates are intertwined."

"You know what I'm planning to do, and are you still okay with it?"

"If Arthur wasn't the hero, I would have gone back to the empire and killed him in the worst possible way. I witnessed everything he did to you in your previous life. Do you think I'd let Arthur go knowing that? When did he do everything with you? Never. The Blady family is a touchy subject."

"Luke, I'm the same way. Even after learning about your past, you're the only man in the world I don't despise or disgust. In fact, I believe...."

Elizabeth remained silent for a brief moment.

"ELIZABETH, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM KNOWS YOU LIKE HIM." Margaret yelled angrily.

"I love you and want to be by your side in the future; regardless of who your enemies are, I will help you overcome obstacles." Elizabeth explained.

"Luke, I'm the same way. If it's you, I don't mind sharing you..."

Margaret approached me and sat down beside me.

"But never stop loving me."

"Margaret... Elizabeth.... Thank you. I'll do my best to make everyone happy."

Sarafina, who had been silent, suddenly spoke up with a smile.

"How about me?"

"I don't even know who you are, Sarafina."

.... 

Who can, give that help in Ko-fi.  Ko-fi.com/perve69

31