Side Story: V’s Training
572 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V continued to do her stretches, David had started training her, directly when he could which was nice. It was always nice to spend time with him and it made him better settle her view of him being her big brother.

Ever since she got the name change, she has been riding cloud nine, she's never been as happy as she was these past few weeks. So when David asked if she would be willing to be trained into a Merc Ninja, not only did she accept to make it up to him, but the idea of being able to 'Out-Ninja' the corpo rats at their own game? It sounded too good to be passed up.

That didn't mean the training was easy, no in fact it was even more challenging than she realized.

For just two weeks she had focused primarily on making her body more flexible, working at the muscles she usually didn't work out, and some she didn't know she had, a strong and firm body was needed for some of the things she needed, and wanted to do.

She had asked David about just getting cyber muscle, like all the others but that is when she was told how that usually ends up.

People who don't put the time and effort into training their body to be the best it can be, would get cyberwear and start amping up as soon as possible, then it would turn into a case of fighting off the chrome edge, the term used for wanting more and more chrome, getting high off new chrome.

Something apparently that Maine had, and suffered for it until he got proper help.

David also instructed her how having a strong body before chrome made her get more bang for her buck, and she would be able to use it better. What really surprised her was the fact, David already had a plan for the cyberwear he would get her.

Armstrong Inc Cyberwear, she wasn't sure how David knew, but apparently, they were working on new experimental tech, better blades than the mantis blades, a possible stealth coating, and so many more.

But he would wait until her physical maturity, which would be when her body started to slow down in producing the chemicals that helped her grow, in both body and height. David said he was monitoring her body at all times somehow, but only laughed when she asked how.

She didn't feel a breach of privacy, in the age of Night City, where anything could be acquired, no matter how hard it might seem locked away. She felt better knowing it was David the one monitoring her body, and he reassured her and said he was only monitoring her vitals, anything she does in private remains private.

She trusted David enough to know he wasn't lying, but it could also be if she thought he wasn't telling the truth, that meant he might have known she masturbated to him more than once, her growing maturity was hell.

She slapped her cheeks, pulling her cheeks to make her eyes squint and her mouth widens. She needed to focus, currently, she was in an extremely realistic sim training shard, one that David and Lucy had made together to give her the best place to grow.

It was extremely high-tech, even for a realistic training shard. She was inside what looked to be a massive city, but she was given no real instructions on how to proceed. She was told to get used to the simulation by exploring it and being familiar with it.

He told her where the 'Red Zones' were, basically places that if she got caught it would be considered a 'lose'. She really wanted to try her luck a bit and go to them, but he told her that even any pain she might feel will be 'real' to her, anything that would kill her, or scare her to much wouldn't be registered of course.

But David hadn't told her that, only that if she gets shot, it will feel like she got shot.

So for now she started to wonder around the city, amazed by how the 'NPC's still reacted like a person in night city would, how the simulation had so much life to it, for now, she wanted to know just how large the simulation was so she kept walking...

And Walking.

And Walking...

Eventually, she had walked so far it had started to become night and she was tired, huffing as she sat down, calling David.

---Inside David's Apartment----

David was in the living room with him almost passed out since Rebecca was massaging his feet. Her fingers all be it small were still powerful enough to rip metal apart easily, so her using them to get the right pin point to relieve the stress was divine.

He noticed a call coming in from V, and he activated his Sandy as he answered, needing to adjust the rate of his sandy since he noticed the first bit was almost to fast for him to catch it.

<David, how big is this simulation, I've been walking all day and I haven't found the end of it!> V

David chuckled a bit, getting a humph from the girl before he spoke.

<I guess I forgot to tell you, but that simulation is, huge. Dumbing it down and making it short and sweet, only a portion of it is activated around you, even then it's a massive portion.>

<Christ... That's fucking Nova! How do I get out? I don't feel hungry but at least 12 hours have passed.> V

<Wrong, that simulation has the same juice in it a sandy does, you're currently experiencing a slowdown so strong that every 24 hours in there, it's only been about an hour out here. Lucy worked magic to make you able to call outside to me only because I need to activate my sandy to keep up with you, that bug still needs to be worked out.>

<Christ on Chrome David... Is that why instead of plugging the shard in, I had to have it in a computer and then slot it into the port?> V

<Yeap, thinks some powerful tech, anyone who isn't careful and just slots it without thinking will get their brain fried toasty-toasty.>

<Isn't that dangerous, what if Jackie tries?> V

<Ah, don't worry about that, the chip can identify between stupid, and harmful. Technically, if you wanted to you could slot it, and it just act as a small data extension. I already warned Jackie not to mess with it, but if anyone else tries and they have no intention of stealing the shard or harming it. It won't do anything, but if their mind changes their brain will get fried and they'll drop for a day or two.>

<and you just-just... Have this stuff laying around?> V

There was a snicker from David.

<It's not just laying around, me and Lucy put a lot of time, and money into making that shard a reality, a few million in fact.>

<Oh... Fuck, and you just trust me to use it?! I don't have that kind of edds if I bust it accidentally!> V

<Relax choom, I said making it a reality, that is just one of the shards for training, but the tech used to make it required some actual research, if you do somehow break the shard, I'll only make you mop floors for a week or two.>

<....Eugh, Is it wrong that I'm even more worried about breaking it now?> V

David smiled, transmitting a little emoji through the chat history, even if they were talking a history was still made and they could both technically view the chat and type everything out while they talked. The Emoji was a laughing one.

<No-No.>

David hung up.


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

24