Chapter 9
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Desmond, Earth)

Desmond left the interview, not feeling all that confident. He opened and turned on his phone expecting texts from Damian or Piper but instead found three missed calls from Diego. Desmond started down the sidewalk and called him back.

“Desmond! I was starting to think I’d need to try calling Damian!”

“I was in a job interview, besides Damian would never answer his phone.”

“A job interview, so I was right!”

“Right about what?” Desmond held his phone between his shoulder and cheek and struggled to loosen his tie a little as he walked.

“Well I was watching your most recent Youtube video and I noticed you looked a little stressed. I figured it was money problems.”

“Ah.”

“You know Damario and I are more than willing to help out.” There was a lot of noise on Diego’s side for a moment and his muffled voice said, “Can this wait? I’m on the phone.”

“If you’re busy-”

“No.” He shot down Desmond’s attempt to escape the conversation without letting him even finish it.

“You’ve already helped us too much.”

“There is no such thing as helping too much when it comes to family.” There was a long pause when Desmond didn’t respond, “I know it’s hard to think of us as family right now but look at it this way; what else are two unmarried, childless men supposed to do with their money but spend it on their long, lost half-brothers?”

“Spend it on themselves.”

“We have too much for that.”

“Charity then.”

“Desmond please…”

Desmond still held the phone with his shoulder, so he could ruffle his hair out of its product filled stiffness, “I’m really grateful for the help you’ve given us so far. Especially paying for Damian’s top surgery, you really didn’t need to do that. But we can’t just depend on you forever. And we will pay you back.”

“Don’t you dare pay us back.” There was a short but full pause as Desmond took the phone back in his hand. “You know… If you wanted your own money you could always use your Kiss or your Tool?”

Desmond glanced around to make sure no one was too close before responding, “I’m not going to seduce people into giving me their money.”

“That’s not what I was suggesting… But if you don’t wanna use your Kiss than use Damian’s Kiss of Life. You can’t object to helping people for some money.”

“I won’t put Damian in that kinda spotlight.”

“Maybe you should let him make that choice.”

Desmond reached the apartment he shared with his baby brother, “I gotta go.”

“Des-” He cut him off, pressing the red end call button. I really shouldn’t be so rude. Desmond thought, slipping his phone into his pocket and pulling out his key.

0