Chapter 15
1.3k 6 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A group of lions rushed to the valley aggressively, following the wolves who were leading. When the wolves reached the entry to the valley, they told the lions that they could just follow the path and they would find the wolf. 

Redaln was suspicious as to why the wolves weren't willing to follow them in. He couldn't help jut worry that there was a trap awaiting them. 

"Why don't you go in? Is this how you treat an envoy? 

The wolves didn't know how to respond. Could they say that the wolf this stupid lion was rushing to fight had the strength to oppose the entire wolf tribe? 

The lead wolf was informed about the situation by the chieftain. He calmly relayed. 

"Our warrior has a very strong territorial possessiveness. If you go into the valley, you'll be at risk of angering her. We can only warn you ahead of time, just in case you face her rage". 

Redaln felt these wolves were speaking nonsense. Although he saw hidden under their calm was definitely fear. He grew more interested in this warrior, so he continued on into the valley with the rest of the lions that followed him. 

Arzhen was lazily enjoying the grooming of her mother when she felt a group rushing in. She didn't think they were a big deal, but she knew they weren't wolves. She called the three little wolves together, and told them. 

"Stay in the den. Dinner has brought itself to the door". 

The three little wolves didn't know what was coming, but they knew it probably wasn't something they couldn't mix up in. So they responded. 

"OK". 

Arzhen saw the group that rushed over. 

"It turned out to be lions", she thought absent-mindedly. 

Redaln finally laid eyes on the fabled wolf warrior. It's safe to say that it's appearance at least lived up to the title. Looking at the hulking wolf that was bigger than even the gargantuan bear clan. He felt a little uneasy. The eyes of the wolf were as if it had seen its next meal. Redaln has always been held in awe and fear, where has he ever been treated like this. Adding to the fact that this wolf stole his plaything, Redaln didn't even bother speaking and charged towards the wolf. The other lions saw that their prince had attacked and they weren't going to sit back and watch. 

Arzhen reacted as soon as the lions attacked. She was agile for her size, and merciless in her attacks. She slashed and gouged at the lions, her claws cutting through them like mud. These lions were much stronger than the wolves and hyenas, but there were too few to do anything to her. She continued the onslaught while keeping the positions of the lions in sight. She knew they couldn't be allowed into the den. 

Redaln was terrified at the moment. He saw with his own eyes, the monster tore apart his men as if they were nothing. He had just attacked the wolf and found that its flesh was almost as hard as stone. He had never had to fight in battle, everyone had always treated him with respect as the prince of the lion tribe. So when he saw this murderous beast, he finally knew that he had met an existence that would show no mercy towards him. He didn't want to die here, he knew how to use a person's weakness the best. Watching the wolf entangled with the last few of his warriors, he ran straight towards the den. He could smell that there were a few wolves inside. He took the chance that one of them was that monsters weakness. 

Arzhen had been keeping an eye on all of the lions. Noticing that one of them started to back away and peek towards the den. She knew immediately what he was thinking. Seeing him start to sprint, she didn't hesitate to take the few attacks of the lions. Feeling that the last few were trying to stall, she held back no strength when hitting them, directly shattering the skeletons of the last few lions. 

If Redaln knew that she had been holding back the whole time, he might have changed his mind about where he sprinted to. However when he gazed upon the three wolves huddled together in the corner of the den, he couldn't help but focus all his attention on them, revealing a malicious smile, as if he was about to win. 

Lida, Sedraa and Rin watched in horror as the lion barged its way in. They knew they were no match for a fully grown lion and only felt a sense of fear that they hadn't felt in a long time. They could only move closer to each other, as if it would give them a sense of security. They shut their eyes, but didn't feel any pain. Wondering why the lion hadn't attacked them, they peeked towards the direction where the lion was approaching. All they saw was blood and guts. 

At some point Arzhen entered with a speed that even a cheetah would envy, and tore apart the treacherous lion. It was over in a flash, not a sound escaped the throat of Redaln before he was ripped to pieces. There wasn't a single part of him left intact. He had truly aroused the anger of a monster, and he paid the price of its ire. 

Arzhen was not unsurprisingly covered in blood, but she couldn't care. She went over and coaxed the frightened little wolves. Nudging them gently, she asked them to eat. She felt there was no better way to get over their fear than to eat the very things that frightened them. 

The little wolves tentatively approached the mass that littered the ground of the den, and began nibbling on it. They had never eaten a lion, so today was full of new experiences, both good and bad. 

Arzhen resigned herself to cleaning up the lion corpses outside. She held no sympathy for them, and the three little wolves inside could hear the black wolf feeding, the crunching of the bones and gnawing of the flesh gave them a very safe feeling, believing as long as she was there, they would never be harmed. 

47