Chapter 20
1k 5 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The lion tribe had long since gone to rest. The stones were full of men, women and children. Only the lions standing guard on the perimeter, and around the king were awake, however their vigilance was pitiful.

The wolves wasted no time, they attacked the guarding lions simultaneously. The sounds of tearing flesh and suppressed, painful groans came one after the other. The noise didn't attract the sleeping lions, but the wolves knew that the smell of blood would arouse the suspicion of them. They had to be quicker to succeed. The wolves separated into smaller groups and began their vicious attack. 

At first the lions weren't aware of what was happening, but they began to be alarmed by the increasingly heavy scent of blood, and the murderous intent that came from many directions.

The lions awoke completely, both angry and frightened. They saw with their limited perception, the many wolves that were shuttering through the lions, not focusing on children. Only attacking the adults. The lions began to fight back, but the genius of the wolves plan came to light soon after the lions began to counter-attack.

The lions were displaced and confused by the surprise attack, add to that their exhaustion and partial night blindness, and the individual strength advantage of the lions was soon nullified in the chaos. They could only try their best to make sure that they were only attacking the wolves, and not their own kin.

The wolves saw the panic of the lions, but they weren't arrogant. They knew that they were still in a period of confusion, but the longer the attack lasted, the more sober they would become. At that time, two hundred wolves would be nothing in the eyes of the entire lion tribe. However, they couldn't and wouldn't leave before the monster had succeeded in killing the lion king, otherwise everything would be for nought.

Arzhen with the strongest wolves among the group forced their way to the centre, their speed unparalleled. The guards in the centre of the lion tribe had long since awoken the king. The lion king never expected that the wolves he had looked down on for so long would dare to attack his own tribe so blatantly. He watched as a mere few hundred wolves had brought his tribe to chaos. He wasn't as ignorant as the other lions. He knew his tribes weaknesses better than anyone. Arrogance and impetuosity had run rife through them. It would be fine if they had the corresponding ability, but it was clear they had lost the prowess that their tribe had once been lauded for.

He was about to take charge of this useless rabble when he noticed a group coming towards him. In the lead was a monstrous wolf, one whose size he had never witnessed in his life. He knew this must be the wolves strongest warrior, and he guessed that the reason it appeared here was for him. He didn't mind, if he could kill this problematic wolf, then the retaliation against the wolves would be easy. He watched as his guards were entangled by the other wolves that followed, and decided to meet this great warrior head on.

The lions had never expected that the wolves had a giant like the one they brought today. Watching the fight between that wolf and their king. The always majestic king was dwarfed by the gargantuan. The two fought fiercely, the sound of their attacks resounded throughout the area. Heavy and dull thumps belonging to their powerful strikes and the clanging of their razor like claws showed the intensity of the battle. At first sight it may seem as if they were evenly matched, but they noticed that their king had a solemn expression, incomparable to the malicious grin belonging to the monstrous wolf opposite him.

It was only then that they understood that the king wasn't a match for the wolf, knowing the seriousness of the situation the lions began to attack the wolf together with the king. The other wolves still maintained their attack, they could only draw as much attention away from the monster as possible, however the lions had slowly regained their sobriety, awakened from their dazed confusion. They knew time was almost up, but the main task for coming here had not been achieved yet. They could only hope the monster moved faster, otherwise they would all fall here.

Arzhen saw that the lions had begun to reinforce their King, and quickly understood the problem. Without wasting any more time, her attacks became more brutal and ruthless. The lions that came over were torn apart like mud as she focused her all on the lion king in front of her. With a speed faster than she had ever shown before, she swung her claws straight into the back of the lion king.

Everyone around heard the crack of bones, and the painful snort of the majestic lion king, but Arzhen gave no time to process the situation before she latched herself onto the neck of the king. Her teeth tore through the thick flesh and solid bones as if they were nothing. The lion king let out a frightened roar, but soon no sound flowed from the mouth of the once feared lion king.

The lions hadn't stopped their attacks on the monstrous wolf for even a moment, but they felt as if they were trying to break a mountain. The monstrous wolf flung them off and howled towards the groups of wolves. It was only then that everyone realised what the wolf had done.

She had killed the king!!

The wolves were elated, the lions appalled. The wolves ceased their attacks and ran towards their territory immediately.

The lions watched as the wolves retreated and a ferocious anger and humiliation ran through them. They chased the wolves with no plan, just pure rage fuelling them to move forward.

The wolves had known this would be the case, so they taunted the lions as they ran. Even if they had been attacking for many hours, the speed of the wolves could not be matched by the lions, so they continued their gloating as they were followed by a horde of red eyed lions. 

43