Chapter 62. The Wise Daimyo
190 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Author:

Before starting reading, I would also like to invite you to familiarize yourself with my author's work "The Path of Omniscience", where the main character is not a person, he is cold and insensitive to everything.

 

You can also support me on my PATRE0N where I publish chapters in advance. Just follow the link https ://www.patreon.com/lonhet or enter my nickname.

 

……………………………………………………………………

 

Immediately after the treatment of the Uchiha indicated by Faruma, Samato received instructions from Ame to go along with the heir of the clan and several other Hyugas to the daimyo to begin one of the parts of their mission. On the other hand, to the surprise of the two young Uchiha, their captain placed both in a separate team that will be responsible for the protection of the capital.   

 

The two captains themselves remained on the square, continuing to wait for the rest of the clans. Having created a table from the ground, the Forum in an imperative tone asked the head of the daimyo's guard to bring a map of the nearest territories.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Walking through the rich corridors of the daimyo castle, Samato was dissatisfied with the upcoming events.

 

"Ame decided to throw the first conversation with the daimyo at me. I kept thinking why he and Uchiha didn't leave the square, but now it became clear to me."

 

Thinking such thoughts, Samato looked at the team accompanying them, several dozen warriors in full armor. All of them behaved in a peculiar arrogant manner, as if showing that the group of Hyugs walking in their surroundings was nothing.

 

The same could not be said about the few members of the daimyo's guard moving in the shadow of the high ceilings. All of them were quite collected, but with a share of jitters they watched the growing irritation of the members of the great clan.

 

Soon Samato's thoughts were interrupted by the exclamation of one of the soldiers accompanying them, who, along with another, stood next to the doors of the big door.

 

- Praise the great daimyo!

 

Shouting, they pulled the handles with great effort, opening the way to the huge throne room. Opposite the entrance, at the end of a large, richly painted room, sat a rather fat man waving a feather fan. On either side of him were two men, one of whom was in full heavy armor, and the other in rich clothes and glasses.

 

Ignoring the luxury of attention, the ninja quickly walked forward under the displeased glances of the guards present. Seeing their approach, the daimyo, whose face depicted discontent and worry, suddenly spoke quite loudly.

 

- Finally, at least one of you has come! What would happen if something happened to me while you were all crowding the square?!   

 

Standing in front of the daimyo sitting on a rich and large futon, Samato calmly looked at him, answering.

 

- As long as you are within sight of our eyes, you are protected.

 

Surprised by the calm childish voice, the man frowned. Looking at the child surrounded by other Hyugas, several thoughts flashed through the daimyo's head. But all of them quickly disappeared when he thought that a child was talking to him on an equal footing. Earlier, he was informed that the Hyugas are led by an adult man, but apparently this clan does not put him in anything, sending some youngster.

 

- I see your clan is really too arrogant! To send some kid to talk to me, the daimyo of the country of trees! If I had known about this earlier, I wouldn't have hired some bunch from a great clan, but would have hired an army from many small clans! You bunch…

 

But the man did not have time to continue, as two members of the daimyo's security appeared next to him. One of them stood in front of him, blocking the path of the already filled with anger Hyuga. The other, meanwhile, was trying to calm down his supreme leader. Lifting the corners of his lips, Samato put his hand to his chin, thoughtfully looking at what was happening.

 

"If we take as a basis the fact that the Uchiha will not be try so hard for the fulfillment of this mission and Ame is likely to do the same, then the probability of its failure is high. And with it, the benefits and further support of friendly relations with this daimyo fall. Of course, something can be done, but if I manage to get hold of the necessary samples, then I will not have both the means and the time..."

 

- what? I have to apologize to these... - Suddenly a cry of anger was heard from the daimyo, which made the already frightened guard shudder. – I am the employer, I am the one they should obey and obey! Bring their chief here quickly otherwise…

 

But the daimyo did not have time to finish his angry speech. A cold pressure descended on him and everyone in the hall. Proud warriors in armor, under this pressure, collapsed in fear to the ground, looking ahead with a shiver. The only ones besides the Hyuga group who remained on their feet were two of the daimyo's guards. The ninja who stood in front of his boss grabbed the kunai and despite the fear, they prepared for battle.

 

- I'm sick of it. - A young man with a scar on his cheek spoke, gazing intently at the ruler trembling all over his fat body. When he was about to go forward, one thought came to his head and turning his gaze to the boy standing next to him, he asked with thoughtfulness in his voice. – Will there be any consequences if I do something to this fat man?   

 

Surprised, the scientist frowned inwardly, but continuing to ponder the possibilities of a strange question, he answered.

 

- no.

 

Immediately, a smile appeared on Harushumo's face and he walked steadily towards the daimyo. After taking a couple of steps, he approached the ninja guard who blocked his further path. 

 

- Step back.

 

Gritting his teeth, the man whose face was hidden by a mask, closed his eyes for a second, gathering his will into a fist and looked seriously at the person standing in front of him.

 

- Hyuga-dono, I ask you to stop and…

 

But a quick sharp blow did not allow even the first sentence to be completed. Like a rag doll, the ninja flew a dozen meters away, demolishing the things placed on his flight path and the warriors crouching on the floor. 

 

- No, so no.

 

As if nothing had happened, Harushumo clenched his outstretched hand into a fist after the blow, crunched the cartilage and went on. The second ninja standing next to the daimyo, looking at the departed comrade with anxiety and worry in his eyes, tightened his grip on the kunai.

 

His anxious thoughts were interrupted by the approaching silhouette of Hyuga, who was looking at him with a relaxed expression. Shuddering, the ninja retreated a step and, casting a contradictory look at the trembling daimyo, sighed.

 

"The captain said there's no need for us to risk our lives right now... if that's the case, then this fool is to blame himself."  

 

Bowing weakly, he quickly stepped aside under the dazed gaze of the daimyo, heading towards his comrade who was lying motionless. Looking at this, Harushumo will only snort contemptuously.

 

"Does their loyalty to their ruler end in a moment of fear for their lives? Aren't the likes of them brought up just to give their lives for the daimyo? Hmm, garbage..."

 

Throwing the thought to the back of his mind, Harushumo took the last few steps towards the daimyo, who was shaking and looking with despair in his eyes. Seeing his expression, the smile of the heir of the clan became wider, transformed into a rather creepy grin that did not portend anything good.

 

 

 

4