Chapter 86. Conversation
115 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Author:

 

You can also support me on my PATREON where I publish chapters in advance. Just follow the link https://www.patrеon.com/lonhet or enter my nickname.

 

………………………………………………………………………

 

Illuminating the earth with hot, lunchtime rays, the sun hung in the afternoon, forcing the construction of a new camp to slow down a little. Tired of the recent battle and the subsequent continuous commands from the commanders of the three united clans, several ninjas were currently sitting on the grass slightly scorched by the heat of the fire, cooking food.  The remaining more than seventy people, looking suspiciously at the representatives of another clan, patrolled the territory.

 

Blowing through the camp, the wind fluttered the not fully stretched awning of the central tent. Unlike other , this tent was guarded by representatives of each of the clans.

 

Inside, next to Yamanaka, whose hands were folded in a seal of concentration, stood Samato. Holding a notebook in his hands, he carefully but quickly wrote a report, not forgetting to listen to the conversations of three adult men standing nearby.     

 

- Hn, while we're waiting, I think it's worth discussing the situation. From what he knows, we can say we have thinned their ranks quite well.

 

- Yes, but now it is necessary to forge the iron while it is hot. If the information and pitching that the agents of our clans began to spread reaches the daimyo of the Land of Fire, he can break the contract with Senju and others.  

 

- Do you think the daimyo will believe the rumors? The most likely thing is that he already knows that the culprit in the bombing is... us.

 

- ... What makes you think that the task is to make the daimyo believe the rumors? The Land of Fire is not a small Country of Trees. She is a local hegemon, with an abundance of political currents. Our rumors are not directed at him, but at the masses of ordinary people. If the news that a ninja daimyo hired personally blew up a city with a local population only to destroy his enemies will spread among active citizens…

 

- This, with our help, can raise the masses and if the daimyo does not want anyone from other political circles to saddle these masses, he will have to make serous decisions ... Ame-san, don't you think that this medium-scale mission can grow into a large-scale one?

 

- This possibility is always present when two of your clans collide. The strategist of the opposite side also understands this and that is why we need this Yamanaka. Although the losses on their side are significant, only a "small" part of those killed belonged to great and large clans. They have already missed the chance to suppress the spread of rumors and Nara must have already guessed what we want. So, the only thing left for us is to wait until our telegraph (There is a walkie-talkie in the future, so why not?) it will work.

 

- If the agreement fails?

 

- Hmm, well, my clan's mission is to protect the daimyo and the capital. Since the capital has been "destroyed by the enemy", our main task remains to protect the employer and intelligence. You can continue the battle…

 

There was a dead silence in the tent. Silently staring into Ame's smiling face, Oroto and Forum frowned. Just when Uchiha's discontent was about to break out, a child's voice interrupted the silence.

 

- Yamanaka's mind transfer technique is active.

 

Frozen, the Forum swallowed its words. Casting an evil glance at what he thinks is the most disgusting facial expression he has seen in his life, the man activated the sharingan and looked into Yamanaka's empty green eyes.

 

As if on command, the young man folded several seals. Under byakugan's gaze, Samato watched as the prisoner's mental energy was activated by the seals. After finishing the technique with the last seal, an emotionless voice suddenly rang out from the teenager's mouth.

 

- Are you alive Inomaru? Answer Inomaru?

 

- Oh, it's really amazing. I didn't think it would work... - Furumu said, raising an eyebrow. Soon his face lit up with a smile, and he whispered. – This clan really has amazing techniques. It's a pity that because of the seal imposed on the mind, I can't get this kid to demonstrate more high-class and secret ones.     

 

Staring at the Inomaru in anticipation, the Forumu continued to smile. In less than a few seconds, the teenager's mouth opened again with a question.

 

- Who are you?

 

- It is impolite to ask the interlocutor without introducing yourself.

 

- ...My name is Shikazu Nara, you know what I do on this mission.      

 

- Ah, Shikazu-san, it's you, I'm glad to talk to you. Can you tell me if Hatsu is next to you... - Interrupted by the feeling of a hand on his shoulder, Forumu saw Ame's half-smile.

 

- Of course, I understand that you want to have an exciting conversation with Senju. But didn't you recently reproach me with the possibility that this mission would escalate into a large-scale clash? Let me, as the least accepting party in this conflict, negotiate.

 

- The least accepting?! You ... - Feeling the grip on his shoulder tightened, and Oroto, standing to the side, squinted, Forumu fell silent with a new blow to his pride. - ... Since it is not yet known that your clan was the one who came up with everything, I will wisely retreat.

 

- That's good! - Smiling again, Ame removed his hand, approaching Yamanaka. Glancing at Samato, whose hands, wrapped in a reddish chakra, were lying on the young guy's head, the man sighed inwardly and, paying attention to Uchiha, asked. – He will transmit what I say, won't he?

 

- Hh... yes. – Сrossed his arms on his chest with displeasure, hissed the Forumu and turned away, went to the table standing at a small distance.

 

Seeing the red-eyed man's displeasure, Ame only grinned, turning all his attention to the young guy. – Ahem, I apologize for the delay, my name is Ame Hyuga, I will negotiate from our side. I will not simply waste time and the chakra of our method of transmitting messages, and I will ask if you have received information about what is happening in the Land of Fire?  

 

- ... Yes, I can say that  did not count on such a method ... very unexpected, unpleasant and painful. Since you agree to reduce a little complexity, I will also come to the meeting. Although the situation is unpleasant, it is not critical either… So, I think I'll listen to your suggestions.

 

Squinting at the supposed condescending tone in the monotonous speech, Ame chuckled.

 

- Indeed, the situation on our side is really uncritical, which cannot be said about you. I think at this rate, your employer, in order to avoid some problems, will decide that the territory of such a small country as the Country of Trees is not worth the costs and possible internal threats. Taking into account your losses, we can continue to hold positions, waiting for your employer's decisions.

 

A long silence followed, during which, according to the researcher of the mental energy flows, with the help of the energy sensor Samato, Nara explained the situation to other clans.

  

- ... Well, I understand your suggestions…  We are ready to discuss some details.

 

- That's good, as a favor to you, I have already discussed the situation with the daimyo of the Country of Trees and he is ready to give part of the territory of his country. The proposed border of the transferred territories will run along the Nemurasa River. I propose to agree on a more detailed separation at a personal meeting, together with representatives of both daimyo.

 

- Don't you think you're in too much of a hurry, Ame-san?

 

- Am I not trying for you? Time is on our side, not yours. What if your employer decides that it is difficult and easier to simply refuse to hire those who are "guilty" of this tragedy to suppress the movements that have begun and are definitely "unsupported by anyone"?

 

-... Your offer to meet with representatives of the daimyo sounds attractive, we agree. How about holding it on neutral territory? For example, in the Country of Hot Springs?

 

- I agree. After that, I will inform the daimyo about this and I think their two rulers will be able to decide further details of the place and time.

 

- Understood… I will have a request, can you give this boy, as a gesture of goodwill intact, back to his clan?

 

After being silent for a while, Ame looked at Samato with a questioning look. Smiling in response, the scientist nodded slightly, poking his finger at the blond head. With a twitch of the corner of his lips, Captain Hyuga spoke.

 

- I think I can agree. But I hope the representatives of the Yamanaka clan will not be upset if the mental state of their soklanavets suffers a little. Still, the impact of sharingan can have significant consequences.

 

Ignoring the broken cup behind his back and the angry look, Ame listened to the monotonous, delayed words of agreement.

 

4