Chapter 88. Research requires more than just sacrifices.
121 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author:

 

You can also support me on my PATRE0N where I publish chapters in advance. Just follow the link https://www.patrеon.com/lonhet or enter my nickname.

 

 

 - So you came after all?

 

Sitting at the table, Oroto spoke with a serious expression on his face, staring at Samato who entered the tent. A small porcelain bowl filled with a clear liquid was clutched in his hand, and a porcelain jug was standing on the table. The smell of alcohol, unpleasant for Samato, spread through the tent itself. 

 

- I don't have much time. As I told you earlier, for the right indicators, I need... a "sample" with the most obvious manifestation of Shikotsumyaku. I haven't had the opportunity to explore the one that I managed to get, so I can't state the possibilities. Also I…

 

- Stop talking nonsense. - Putting the cup down on the table with a bang, Oroto looked contemptuously at the boy standing in front of him with a calm face. – Do you think I'm an idiot? Tell me straight out what you need, I've already done so much..

 

Lifting the corners of his lips a little and squinting, Samato reached for one of the scrolls on his hip. – Don't worry, I just came to discuss the details. – Going to the table and unfolding the scroll under the man's expectant gaze, Samato printed out several test tubes. – I can assure you that one member of your clan should be enough to develop a medicine… But in order to increase efficiency, I need you to fill these test tubes with your blood, as well as a small amount of tissue.

 

Twitching the corner of his lips in annoyance, Oroto took the test tubes without words. Under the careful gaze of the scientist, the nail on the man's finger quickly grew, turning into a small blade. Putting it to his forearm, he, without hesitation, cut, cutting off a small piece of flesh along with the muscles, revealing a view of the visible radius bone.

 

Taking a bleeding piece of tissue in his hand, Oroto, with irritation, stuffed a piece of flesh exceeding the size of the container. Setting it aside, he took a test tube and placed it under the already blood-soaked table, regenerating the wound in front of his eyes, filled it with blood. Throwing the filled test tubes in the direction of the satisfied Samato, the man, simultaneously with the filled sake bowl that came from nowhere, leaned back in his chair.

 

- Is that all?

 

After sealing the test tubes in a scroll and returning it to his hip, Samato looked at the man again.  – Almost, it remains to discuss the financial issue and the medium of exchange.

 

- Eh?

 

- Creating such a drug from scratch is quite expensive. Of course, I am also a beneficiary, so the amount required for research will be insignificant for a ninja of your level. As for the method through which we will exchange the future, possible drug and funds... I think the Gurumo trader will do. What do you think?

 

 

- This takayaki is not bad, try it.

 

Extending his hand with takayaki's wand held in front of the sitting boy, Harushumo grinned. Looking at Takayaki's outstretched hand without a fraction of emotion, Samato said nothing and lowered his head and returned to eating soup.

 

- Tsk, well, as want.  Turning his head to the side, the heir of the clan redirected his attention to Rakoshi, who was sitting next to him with a strained smile. – Why don't you order anything?

  

With a twitch of the corners of his lips, Rakosi looked around the small room of the diner. Several shabby tables placed near the walls. The same wooden walls, with several surprisingly clean, white sheets of calligraphy nailed on nails. Were picked up by a faint breeze from the open windows.

 

 In addition to the trio of ninjas, there was no one in the room except a young girl clinging to the distribution, who looked at the visitors with visible fear and an old man hiding in the kitchen and diligently trying to cook dishes. Finally, Rakoshi's gaze, which returned after examining the room, stopped at the heir of the clan.

 

- Um, Harushumo-dano, I'm not hungry.

 

Sighing from another refusal, the young heir, frowning, grabbed the takayaki ball with his teeth, starting to chew it.

 

- What's the point of wasting time visiting the city? We could have already reached the borders of the clan territories during this time.

 

Finally, after drinking a spoonful of soup, Samato spoke calmly and, accompanied by Rakoshi, who was also waiting for an answer, stared at Harushumo. Swallowing a previously thrown takayaki ball, the heir of the clan irritably leaned back in a creaking chair.    

 

- In the sense of "what's the point"? Isn't this your second mission? As far as I remember, the first time you left the clan, you didn't have the opportunity to visit an ordinary city. The capital of Trees does not count, it was a mission. When I was small, I remember how I wanted to visit the cities of ordinary people. Therefore, I decided that despite your character, you also want to ... - In the middle of a word, Harushumo's face turned sour, and he continued with irritation. – But apparently I was wrong. And if that's the case, consider it my vacation.     

 

Having remained silent on Harushumo's statement, Samato returned to the soup. Soon silence descended on the diner, interrupted by the clanking of dishes and the hissing of cooking from the kitchen, which did not interfere with the trio sitting there, pondering various thoughts. 

 

"This mission was very fruitful. The samples that I managed to get enough for years of studies. The only hindrance may be the elders of the clan, but since the need for one of them is no longer there, it's time to get rid of him. Before the mission, I already gave the girl a weaker drug, with some peculiarities, so during these few weeks, his health should be significantly affected. Due to the fact that I was on a mission and the drug is practically the same as the previous doses, they should not suspect me. Moreover, the drug only removes the symptoms and facilitates the external condition, but it does not slow down the development of a local variation of cancer… Mori's death should greatly affect the distribution of political forces. Perhaps even Fuxi (the head of the clan) will act. But this is for later, now to begin with, it is necessary to return to the clan ... Hmm, I remember there should be a branch of this Gurumo trading company in this city. If so, I think it's worth sending him a letter with a "request" arrive in the clan for negotiations"

 

Scooping up the last spoonful of broth, Samato placed the spoon on the table with an attention-grabbing clatter.

 

- Since we're staying here, I'll take a walk around the city.

 

Receiving in response an indifferent shrug of tears from Harushchumo and Rakoshi's eyes flashing with uncertainty, the scientist jumped off his chair, heading for the exit of the eatery. Sitting on a chair and looking at the boy, then at the heir, a look full of indecision, the only member of the side branch in this group, suddenly pondered the difficult question of what to do. Finally, having come to a decision, he decided to follow Samato, especially since at the last second he saw the heir of the clan hinting with his eyes, gave the order to follow the boy.  

 

 

Leaving the diner and looking in both directions road, filled with a few passers-by, Samato felt how Rakoshi changed his place of interrupting. Ignoring this, he headed for the nearest guard, who should be more knowledgeable than ordinary residents.

 

 

- How many times have I told you, I won't be able to cover your shop for a long time. The last time you idiots let that girl escape,I had to sacrifice a lot. Fortunately, I managed to get rid of it otherwise we would all be covered.

 

- I'm sorry, it was an accident. It won't happen again, Kha.

 

- Idiot, keep your voice down. Tell Shi that I need compensation.…

 

After walking a little further down the street and turning into the beginning of a dark alley, Samato saw a security guard. He pressed the man by the neck against the wall, angrily, trying to be as quiet as possible, whispered. Approaching and standing behind the man, the scientist examined his appearance without interest. A slightly shabby cuirass, which are the only protective element. Crookedly dressed on a thick body, a padding is worn with trousers, on which a sheathed sword hung loosely, gave a rather sad picture.      

 

Having already heard the whispers of two men when approaching, Samato realized that apparently a hidden slave trade flourished in this town, which was covered by the guards. But all this information caused the scientist only indifference.

 

- I'm sorry, but can you tell me where the branch of the Gurumo trade group is located in this city?

 

4