Chapter 90. Despair
90 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author:

 

You can also support me on my PATRE0N where I publish chapters in advance. Just follow the link https://www.patrеon.com/lonhet or enter my nickname.

 

 

- Maury, yes... well, I was already thinking of getting rid of him, and the day before it will be or the day after, it doesn't matter. Since he is so important for the temporary preservation of their positions, then, perhaps, I will help him get rid of the disease once and for all. After that, the head of the clan will have some carte blanche to suppress or clean them up, and after that, I will be able to devote myself more fully to research.

 

Sitting at a table in the brightly lit, clean room of his underground laboratory, Samato calmly looked at the fuin scroll spread out in front of him. On the scroll in front of him, in an even row of words, the negotiations of several people were visible.

 

Behind the scientist, four bodies lay against the wall, separated by several fabric partitions. Three of them were tightly tied to their bunks and had seals placed on their bodies. The last one was lying freely on the bed. Sensors were connected to it, displaying data on a convex screen, and a tube was connected to the mouth, through which the nutrient fluid was supplied. 

 

Finally, having finished a thoughtful conversation with himself, Samato rose from his chair with a visible sigh from what was coming. Casting an anticipatory glance towards one of the walls of the laboratory, the scientist turned around, heading for the corridor leading to the exit.

 

- It's better to start sooner than later. I just need a new pair of byakugans to continue the experiment. 

 

 

After secretly leaving the laboratory and walking along the empty corridor of the estate, Samato felt the hidden presence of several chakrosignatures. Their chakra level was close to the deputy captain, which was quite surprising for a scientist.

 

"So Hanshi began to increase his combat power. During these few days, I have already seen the fourth pair of different signatures at the deputy level. I thought he was putting all the security on Ame and hesitating to start increasing the number of devoted ninjas on the estate. Although it's not bad, but on the other hand, it makes it harder to hide my actions. At this rate, those who don't need to know can find out about my laboratory. Tsk, I don't have enough time for experiments anyway, so I still have to solve this problem."

 

While thoughts were running through his head, Samato had already reached his goal, which was more than once a door visible to them.  Automatically raising his hand and tapping on the wooden surface, the scientist, with a slight delay, heard permission to enter. Grabbing the handle and pushing the door aside, Samato, under the attentive gaze that disappeared from his back, went inside.

 

As usual, he was greeted by an office lit by several lamps, littered with scrolls in disarray. At the table in the center, a smiling man sat, whose sickly pale face looked with joy at the newcomer. After walking a little forward, Samato jumped and sat down on a chair that was too big for his height, which was opposite the owner of the office. Sitting down comfortably, the scientist turned his calm, but serious eyes on the man.

 

- Father, I've been back two days, can you stop acting like this?

 

- Ha, I'm just glad that you're okay and ... – The man said with a happy grin, but after interrupting with some hesitation and trying to hide the inner struggle, he continued. - ...I am proud that you, at your age, were able to make such a... plan. Although Ame tried to downplay it a little, but I know him well enough ... Ahem, since you came to meet me in my office, does that mean you need something?

 

- Yes, but first. I would like to ask about those new observers in our estate. Can they be trusted?

 

Hearing the question, the man's joyful smile twitched for a moment, and a faint, as if friendly resentment crept over his face.

 

- You don't have to worry. If you need something, you can ask them for help. At the very least, they will have to fulfill it, unlike your lying uncle, who, contrary to my orders, decided to enlist the support of several people ... fortunately, those idiots, because of their close to the plight, have not yet despaired enough to accuse me of breaking promises.

 

- Hh, I get it. Now, perhaps, I will move on to the main purpose of my visit. – Interrupting the speeches that were fading to a whisper, insulting to Ame, Samato put his hand under the yukata, taking out a folded sheet of paper from the inner breast pocket. – I think the head will be interested in this data.

 

Having interrupted the flow of touchy reproaches, Hanshi returned to listening to his son's words and took a piece of paper. Continuing to listen, he unfolded it, quickly running his eyes over it.  

 

- Oh, it looks like an old nag... on Koh Samui. Although this is not enough as evidence, but Fuxi-dano will certainly be interested and send people to check it out. And since I get this information from you, I think it will turn out to be true ... - Interrupting and wrapping a piece of paper, Hanshi hid it in his yukata. Looking at his son with an approving smile, he continued. – What is it this time?

 

- Providing a "part of the influence" on the Gurumo trade group and transferring patronage over Yuko.

 

Raising an eyebrow in surprise, Ame thoughtfully put his hand to his chin.

 

- If the information is confirmed, then I think Fusi-dano can agree, but you don't have to worry about Yuko. – With a hint, Hanshi grinned. – I, in connection with Mori's well-being and our "family ties", have already discussed this with the head. I would take her right now, after all, she is still young and it must be hard for her to be alone and watch her father slowly leave this world. But unfortunately, I can't…  Please go and stay with her, she's not herself anymore and over these few days, she's asked about you more than once.

 

- That's what I was going to do. - Jumping off the chair, Samato casually said and turned around and headed for the door. Silently pondering the upcoming deed.

 

 

As soon as he closed the door to the study, the scientist looked at the rapidly approaching maid. Looking at the young girl's anxious face with a smile, Samato asked with interest.

 

- Is something wrong Yoshiko-san?

 

- Samato-dano, you are finally free. Please, Yuko-dano can no longer find a place for herself. She's waiting for you at the entrance.

 

Stopping in front of the boy, the girl spoke, feeling inner relief. Continuing to smile to himself, the scientist's face became concerned. Without answering the maid, Samato quickly ran to the place indicated by the maid.

 

 

After passing through several corridors, the scientist reached the front door. Opening it, he saw a nine-year-old girl standing on the threshold. She had a beautiful and delicate face, with a childish swelling that had already begun to disappear. Her long black hair was loose, cascading down her back. But all this charm was overshadowed by a lost and desperate expression on his face.

 

Hearing the sound of the door opening, the girl automatically jerked her head, breaking out of gloomy thoughts. When she saw a handsome boy come out of the door, whose face expressed concern, sadness and despair that had been tormenting Yuko for the past few weeks, diminished a little, replaced by hope and inner joy that the boy she liked was showing concern.

 

Quickly catching herself, the girl quickly ran up to Samato who came out and with tears that began to flow in a stormy stream, hugged him.

 

- Samato, p-please do something. F-father, he's... please…

 

Internally interrupting in a dissatisfied mood, Samato sighed and put his hand on the girl's head.

 

"In my previous life, my interaction with children ended with a laboratory table, and in this one, most of it consists of interaction with them… Haa, I'm about to turn fifty years old and this loving girl gives me an inner inconvenience. At least, as long as it is profitable, there is nothing to be afraid of… Moreover, over the past couple of years, I have been able to ensure that she does not show me frequent physical contact. Now, perhaps, with the invitation of a desperate daughter, I should talk a little with a father who has almost left the world."

 

 

3