Chapter 92. Family conversation
89 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Author:

 

You can also support me on my PATRE0N where I publish chapters in advance. Just follow the link https://www.patrеon.com/lonhet or enter my nickname.

 

 

-What does that mean, a boy? - Having overcome his anger, Mori, having considerable experience, stared coldly at Samato, trying to understand the meaning of his actions. - Don't tell me you want to get rid of me.

 

- What are you talking about elder, I had no such thoughts. – Coming closer, Samato activated the mystical palm and byakugan, starting to examine him under Mori's frowning gaze. – Everything is as I expected.

 

- Expected to? Did you know I'd be in this state? - Mori frowned even more, without the previously shown malice visible in his eyes, and stared intently at Samato. – Apparently it was the idea of your father or the head of the clan? Do they want to get rid of our side in one fell swoop?

 

- Hmm, and you really hide your nature well under a hot-tempered mask. But don't worry, these are my personal good intentions.

 

- From what I see, your good intentions will surely bring good only for you.

 

Smiling and deactivating the mystical palm, Samato recoiled from Mori's body. After walking around the room and taking a chair from under the desk, the scientist returned to the bed, sitting down next to the elder who stared at him with cold eyes.

 

- You generalize too much. If it's good for me, then Yuko will get it.

 

- It won't happen while I'm alive! Kha, my baby will never become the wife of someone who is at least a little connected with the culprit in the death of her mother! This marriage contract was concluded only because the head pushed through it.

 

Looking without emotion at Mori's angry expression, Samato took hold of his chin with his hand resting on the armrest of the chair.

 

- According to my observations, you have at most a few weeks left.

 

- Ha, so that's enough!  - Grinning, Mori continued contemptuously. - Even if I die, Yuko–chan won't fall into your family's hands! Ha-ha.

 

- Are you talking about your agreement with the  Samui elder? -  Abruptly interrupted by a hoarse and unhealthy laugh, Mori stared at Samato uncomprehendingly. The first thing that caught his eye was a faint smile, which, combined with the cold and oppressive eyes of the activated byakugan, made the elder feel a chill run down his back. – Don't worry, my father has already talked to the head for a long time and by their universal decision, it was decided that custody of Yuko will go to our family.

 

- What, where, how are you, Kha-kha, it doesn't matter how you found out about it! Even if the head dares to do it, my last will as an elder has the greatest weight. And  Samui won't leave it either!

 

- Hmm, maybe you're right… But I don't think that after being accused of betraying the clan, the elder of Samui will dare to meddle in clan politics. I think it won't even be surprising if she gives her place to Elder Gurtz. But you don't have to worry, if your choice is right, Yuko-chan will receive only a warm attitude and will be accepted into our family as a native. In your current state, you have several options to choose from. Decide carefully "father-in-law".

 

Silence filled the room. As if realizing an important detail, Mori looked around the room with a quick glance of his weakened byakugan, slowly becoming covered with even more sweat. From the need to stimulate the depleted chakra flows, the man felt heavy. But all the same, he continued to look for something in his room, at the same time thinking convulsively.    

 

"If he knows about my agreement with Samui, then he also knows about the plan created by her. Damn, that's it!" - Finally noticing a piece of paper covered with seals, enclosed in one of the books on the shelf near the desktop, Mori cursed to himself next the inappropriate elder of the clan mats. - "What scumbag dared to betray me? Why is there no chakra emanating from this seal? Could this kid have created this? Not bad… What I'm thinking about, it doesn't matter at all right now! This kid knows about Samui's plan, which means that he is also known to Hanshi... If the kid is so confident, it means that everything is already decided. Also his hidden threat to my daughter..."

 

- Kha, kha

 

- So, Elder, what is your positive answer?

 

Continuing to observe with interest the palette of emotions changing to the sick and extremely exhausted, due to the use of the chakra by the man's face, Samato smiled, broke the silence. After deactivating the byakugan, Mori closed his eyes for a moment, trying to recover from the severity of using the chakra. Finally defeated, but with present determination, he looked at the boy. 

 

- I am ready to listen to your demands, but you, in turn, will listen and accept mine.

 

Squinting a little, Samato tilted his head slightly, as if considering the answer. After a few seconds, removing his hand from under his chin, he sat up straight in his chair.

 

- To begin with, it is worth hearing the proposals of both sides and only then negotiate. Don't you think so? – Taking the scroll and printing out a couple of sheets of paper and a brush with ink from it, Samato added. – Since you are older, then I will give in to you and listen to your demands first.

 

 - Kha, little demon…

 

 

 Standing near the door, shifting from one foot to the other, Yuko waited in growing anxiety until her fiance left her father's chambers. In parallel with the gloomy thoughts about the condition of the only close relative, the girl's thoughts were occupied by the quiet words thrown by her lover.

 

"I know that Samui father and grandmother don't like Samato, but they shouldn't interfere with him. But Samato didn't lie to me once. And I heard how my father, along with my grandmother, wanted to do something with him… After that, he was suddenly sent on a mission. Maybe there were other cases before that,  I do not know about? What if the elders were really bothering him?"

 

Due to complicated thoughts, Yuko did not notice how much time had passed. With a small noise, enough for the girl to come to her senses, the door of Mori's room opened, showing Samato coming out. As soon as this happened, Yuko immediately rushed to the boy, peppering him with questions.

 

- Samato, how is father? Is he going to be all right? Do you know how to cure him?

 

But the more she asked the question, the more clearly she saw the sad and at the same time gloomy expression of her lover. This caused Yuko to slow down slowly until her voice completely died down. Taking advantage of the silence, the scientist soothingly put his hand on the girl's shoulder.

 

- Yuko-chan, I'm sorry, but... I can't do anything, it's too late. Please, come on, your father wants to tell you something. 

 

Darkly, with regret in his voice, Samato said, at the same time directing the girl to follow him back into the room. As if losing herself, Yuko followed the scientist without resistance until they approached the bed.

 

Still lying on the bed, Mori, with internally concealed regret, watched his daughter slowly approach him. He could see the hand on her shoulder guiding her body. Closing his eyes, the man took a deep, forced breath.

 

- Yuko, my daughter, please listen to my words. – Attracting the girl's attention, Mori seriously measured Samato, who was standing next to her. –I want... you to go to Elder Hanshi's house.

 

3