Chapter 98. Eye transplant
197 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author:

 

You can also support me on my PATRE0N where I publish chapters in advance. Just follow the link https://www.patrеon.com/lonhet or enter my nickname.

 

 

- Huh, finally finished. This should be enough for a short use of the eye.

 

Removing the hand from which the green chakra began to disappear from the eye, Samato let out a tired sigh. He has been repeating the same and tiring action for a long time to stabilize the chakra channel leading to the eye. Although after he was able to normalize his source, the amount of chakra in his body increased slightly.  But it was still not enough for non-stop treatment.

 

After spending time to restore the chakra again, Samato, who felt his limbs stiff from sitting in one position, got to his feet. Twitching his eyelid a couple of times, he slowly opened his eye, squinting from the primarily bright lighting of the room falling into it. Gradually opening his eyes completely and getting used to the light, Samato, with a slightly blurred vision, examined everything the same, but a little dirty from drops of blood and scattered medicines room.  Taking a crunching step forward, he waved his arms doing a weak warm-up.

 

"Based on my current condition, I can assume that it has been more than four days since I collapsed unconscious. Perhaps more... if more, then Hanshi will be dissatisfied, and if we take into account the state in which I appear before him, his dissatisfaction will increase several times."

 

By doing small physical exercises, Samato was given not too important thoughts. Finally, feeling how his body, which had lost weight, would begin to tire slowly, the scientist stopped. Sitting back down on the floor, he took a few breaths in order to calm the heartbeat that had started stronger than usual.

 

"Well, we'll see."

 

Having missed a fleeting thought, Samato closed his eye, starting to continuously fold a series of seals that facilitated the activation of the byakugan. Under their influence, the chakra flows in the scientist's body began to move.

 

"Byakugan"

 

With a little resistance and a sense of not related, the activated byakugan connected with the brain and a fuzzy picture of the surrounding space appeared in front of Samato through the closed eyelid. Opening his eye, the scientist blinked several times, feeling a slight rejection of a non-native organ.

 

"Hmm, it will take a little time to get used to. But the consumption of the chakra is quite large. Perhaps will focus on one eye."

 

Deactivating the byakugan, Samato rubbed his eye socket with his hand, removing the tears that had appeared a little. Lifting the lid from the floor and closing the flask with two floating byakuganomi, he got up, taking it with him.

 

Placing the container under his arm, he went to the center of the room, approached the pedestal and with a faint smile, looked at the eyeballs floating in a viscous, cloudy liquid. Finally, having stopped indulging in joyful thoughts, Samato put his hand to the column and folded the seal with his other hand.

 

Immediately, the chakra emanating from the pedestal, into the container installed on it, stopped, and the fuin seals changed. Observing this, the scientist held his attentive gaze on the merged eyes, trying to make sure of their integrity after the cessation of the supply of the healing chakra.

 

Realizing that everything was fine with the byakugans, Samato carefully took hold of the container and lifted it from the pedestal, turned around, heading for the exit. With a rhythmic slow step, echoing from the stone steps, the scientist reached the top of a multi-meter parish, stopping in front of a monotonous stone wall.

 

Gripping the flask tightly under his arm, Samato stretched out his hand in front of him, folding several seals. Under their influence, a significant amount of the scientist's chakra began to move and left the body, penetrated underground, activating the seals laid by fuin.

 

With a slight rumble and the sound of the friction of the stone surface reflected through a thin tunnel, the stone block sank underground, opening a passage to the familiar laboratory. Sighing a couple of times due to the considerable expenditure of chakra, Samato headed forward. As soon as his body finally left the tunnel and reached the middle of the laboratory, the tunnel that opened behind the scientist, having lost the chakra inserted into it, began to move, closing the passage with a stone wall, in front of which stood an iron cabinet.    

     

"It will be necessary to change the fuin of the seal. If, after the source was stabilized, my reserve did not recover a little, I would not be able to exit."

 

Approaching the laboratory table, Samato placed both flasks with eyes on it. Squinting to the side, he looked at the unconscious bodies lying there, tubes attached to their mouths and noses. Going deep into the pharynx and nasal passages, nutrient fluid was supplied through the tubes in doses, once in a certain period of time, supplying the bodies with portions of food and water necessary to maintain life.

 

Realizing that they were all right, Samato turned back to the table. After opening the container containing his own byakugan, the scientist took a chair and sat down. After restoring the chakra with a little respite, he began to fold the seals to activate the byakugan.

 

Its activation did not leave long to wait and soon the veins around the eye swelled, and the scientist's vision cleared, surrounding the space of the underground laboratory with a slightly fuzzy, but gradually clearing vision. Sensing how the flow of the chakra passes through the damaged channel of the second eye, Samato forcefully prevented its further movement and, having folded the seal, activated the mystical palm along with the chakra scalpel.

 

Without delay, repeating his previous actions, the scientist, under the supervision of a rapidly consuming chakra byakugan, withdrew his second eye exhaustion. Immediately after deactivating all the techniques and restoring the chakra reserves, he began to treat the chakra pathways leading to the eyes. Although due to the consumption of non-native byakugan and the chakra reserves themselves, Samato could not fully restore the channels, but thanks to the sight of the same eye, the scientist was able to more fully stabilize the channels.

 

After resting after stabilizing the channels, Samato got up from his chair. Taking a flask with three floating eyes, the scientist went to the bodies lying motionless. Approaching the pale-skinned silhouette, whose hair had few hairs of whiteness, Samato placed the storage with byakuganomi on the iron medical cabinet by the bed.

 

Holding his gaze on a small convex screen with a lot of vital signs, the scientist took hold of the edge of the bed, pushed it a little away from the wall, gaining freer access to the head. Wordlessly activating the medical palm and byakugan, Samato took his depleted eye from the flask. Opening Atsuko's empty eye socket, he carefully placed his eye in it, quickly starting to grow muscle tissue and nerves. Having finished with them and paused, the scientist concentrated and began to work on the chakra channel.

 

"At the moment, the body in front of me is the one that is closest to the ancestor of the Hyuga clan. The only obstacles preventing Atsuko's shells from doing this are the soul damaged due to the aggressive chakra, the absence of byakugan and incomplete completion of the integration of Kaguya DNA. Therefore, I cannot allow Atsuko's powerful chakra to influence my eyes too much. This can cause unnecessary problems. But thanks to his vital signs, my byakugan should recover much faster.»       

 

After spending a little chakra, Samato carefully connected several small chakra channels to the eye, while damaging them in order to prevent the chakra from having a strong effect on the eye. Watching byakugan as a minuscule amount of Atsuko's unconscious chakra reflexively penetrates into the eye and is assimilated by the remaining byakugan chakra, the scientist breathed a sigh of relief. After taking a break, Samato reached for the second eye and repeating the process, placed the byakugan in the second eye socket.

 

After observing the slow regeneration of byakugans for a few more minutes, the scientist took a flask with one floating eye and headed back to the table. Putting it a little to the side, Samato stared intently at the pair of eyes floating in the murky liquid that were clearly felt in his sensor.

 

"Well, let's see."

 

3