Chapter 2: Aftermath of the crime
192 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now I have done it...

[I guess there's no going back now] I said, as a long frustrating sigh released my mouth.

[You sure are right about that sis~ ♥] said Jenna sitting comfortably on the student council president chair.

[Jen...are you really sure about doing all this with me?]

[MOOOOUUU!! how many times have I said 'YES' sis, like c'mon, take a hint!!]

Though she has said 'YES' several times before and has buffed her cheeks cutely several times as well, I still find my heart worrying about her safety. After all, in this life, she's the only one whom I'm honest with.

Pushing the ever-lasting worries to the back of my mind, I look ahead at the decapitated body lying in front of me.

Fresh blood oozing out of the roughly cut neck and the lonesome head lying near the trophy cabinet. 

I lock my eyes on the head and notice the look of hatred and despair

[Jen, what do you think after looking at that face?]

She moves her head sideways several times as if thinking really deeply, then suddenly slams her fist on the desk

*BANG!*

 [I have decided! I don't feel good about it SIS!! I don't like this feeling AT ALL!!!]

though her words and cheery face show wildly opposite emotions, I do know that deep inside she must be really shaken by it, trying to act brave even during this mess...that's why I worry about you so much

As for me, I feel nothing related to this situation.

This, MURDER, that I have just committed.

I neither feel happy nor sad. In fact, the only emotion I feel right now is the safety of Jen and me.

This extreme selfishness in my heart....is this a part of me or something engraved into me by the witch?

Witch Elena...

It all started the moment I turned 5.



The day I turned 5, memories of my previous life came rushing into me. 

All these overwhelming memories caused my tiny brain to overheat and I fell sick for several days.

After my parents' extreme care and caution, I finally recovered, but I was their daughter no more.

In my previous life, my name was also Theresa, living in medieval times with my then mother and father.

On a rather festive day, I got cursed by someone named Elena. She was a despicable witch who could be perfectly termed a SERIAL KILLER by today's standards.

The witch passed her will on me

'Avenge me, Theresa'

 Along with the will, I also received a parting gift, her magical witch powers. A technology long lost in today's world, what is considered fantasy now was an object of everyday occurrence in those times.

The ME from then dutifully followed in the witch's steps and caused the downfall of the Ester Kingdom.

When the kingdom fell to ruins, having found no meaning in life and purpose, I killed the giant mass of hatred that I had become, I killed myself.

And now here I am again.

Why did these memories suddenly reveal themselves?

The answer to that question became clear.

The answer was drilled into my mind with bright flashes.

'Kill those who wronged me'

It seems like the one responsible for catching the witch had once again come back or more precisely, have been reincarnated.

Do they hold the memories of the past as I do?

Can they also use this 'Magic' that I can now?

Will they try to hunt me?

Will they leave me alone?

So many questions and no answers.

But one thing was for certain, I inherited the Witch Elena's Will.



That CURSE is nakedly visible to me now, I just killed for the first time and don't feel anything about it.

As for the reason why I killed this seemingly innocent student?

He was one of the reincarnated ones.

Though it seems like he himself didn't know anything about it.

I killed someone entirely innocent.

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to justify this deed.

The moment I saw him in the parking lot at the freshman entrance, something inside me triggered, constantly telling me to Kill him.

At first, I ignored the voice, but the more I ignored the more prominent it became. The more powerful it became, the weaker I grew.

In my moment of weakness, I decided to get rid of this voice. But how could I achieve such a thing?

It was simple

Just follow the voice.

and now here I am, with the voice gone and a dead body lying in front of me.

It was also the first time, I used the 'Magic' that I inherited to kill an individual.

Though I say 'Magic' it is more supernatural.

I can summon translucent knife blades at will and throw them.

Why blades? It's because the witch used a variety of knives to commit her terrible crimes. These knives were her signature tool of murder, and now I can summon these same knives, there are 12 in total, all with different shapes and sizes.

Just a few moments ago, I willed one such blade, the blade looked similar to a large butcher's knife and made it fly horizontally toward the student's neck, with incredible speed it flew and sliced off his head cleanly.

Once again looking at the dead student, the only emotion inside me is selfishness.

I look over at Jen and catch her looking into my eyes, with an exacerbated wink she gives me thumbs up.

hahhhh...I really shouldn't have gotten her involved...

I feel terrible about it, but I know she would just get mad if I voice it and say 'I did it of my own free will!!'

And though I don't like her getting mixed in with this, I do appreciate it a lot.

Lonely this may have been rough, but with her involved, the murder went rather smoothly.

[Jen, what was this student's name?]

[Jeeeeeezzz Sis, at least know the name of the person you killed~♥]

[Just tell me now]

I know she's right, but I just wanted to get rid of this voice constantly knocking at my head.

But is it really all just the voice's fault?

The decision to get his poor family involved was for sure mine. The voice didn't tell me to do that.

Am I really this rotten?

Or is it the witch's curse that is influencing my personality?

I don't know these answers, but the thing I know for sure is this-

[Sooooo~ Sis♥!! What do we do with this body now?]

Yep.

How do I hide this crime?

10