Chapter 4: Minos
194 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping out of the portal we landed in the south bend of Hell. This particular region held the wealthy Gods who preferred the netherworld. They lived in spectacular mansions and had minor demons as their hired help.

 

Snapping my fingers I wanted to change from my earthly attire into something more comfortable.

 

The black leather full body suit wrapped around my skin. I gave a small stretch to feel the material tighten. Pulling my hair into a high ponytail I let it fall back to my waste. As I dropped my hands back to my side I raised my eyes to find Hypnos starting at me.

 

I felt my eyes flash bright amethyst as they doubled in size. In embarrassment my head fell as I tried to hide the blush forming.  I snapped me fingers again and my shroud appeared to cover me.

 

”Do I embarrass you?” he asked in a questioning tone.

 

I raised my head to see that his face showed no emotion but his eyes expressed his question. The gold specks in his pitch-black eyes glinted as he waited for my answer. I stood there unable to speak; I was entranced.

 

He dragged his eyes from my own and focused them on the path ahead. ”Would it help if I changed as well?” he asked without even a second glance.

 

Before I could answer, his suit disappeared and I was now faced with his bare chest. I admit I drooled at the sight and might've come off as a complete creep but what can I say, the man is a God…..hint, hint.

 

My Amethyst eyes roamed over his body paying close attention to the toned muscles. He was tanned as if Apollo himself had kissed his flesh. When I reached the band of his pants I stopped. I quickly turned my head away hoping he didn't see me eyeing him hungrily. I was already in too deep I couldn't fall even more.

 

”I guess you want to stay here?” I heard a voice ask as I broke from my thoughts.

 

I turned to where the voice came from to see that Hypnos was now leaving me. I stumbled in my actions as I jogged to catch up to him. Reaching his side I slowed down to a timid pace. We walked in silence along the road of the Isles of the Blessed.

 

Suddenly I heard music being played as women and men ran around me. I was amazed by the many demons and deities that I saw as well.

 

”Ahh” In shock, I murmured as I stumbled back. Without warning the Goddess Lethe had bumped into me.

 

”Oh dear, Please forgive me” she giggled as she ran off to the rest of her group.

 

When I regained my composure I realized that I was being held. My eyes traveled from the strong hands, up to the toned arms around me, to the Godly sculpted face that held onyx eyes that were now staring at me. My cheeks were on fire, I scrambled out of his embrace embarrassed beyond belief.

 

”I am so sorry, I-I didn't mean to, Lethe bumped into me and…”

 

My apologies fell on deaf ears as he began to walk away from me. I slumped in total regret as I followed behind. Coming to the Ponds of Eins my jaw dropped. Apparently, we were going to pay a visit to Minos.

 

”Close your mouth before Hermes puts something in it,” He said to me without missing a beat and walked off.

 

Immediately I shut my mouth and blushed until I realized he was leaving me. Again with walking off, can he at least pretend to care if I get lost or not. I jogged until I reached his side again.

 

”Hypnos what brings you to my Golden Kingdom” A voice bellowed from the top of a winding staircase.

 

Raising my eyes I catch the gaze of Minos. He stood proud in his purple kingly robe. His red eyes were soul piercing. He started to take heavy steps down the stairs. Each step he took was as if the ground shook.

 

”Ah and you brought the grim reaper,” he said turning his burning eyes towards me. With a smile, he hooked his fingers through the sash of his robe. ”What are they calling you this century, reaper?”

 

”Um, Christos, I go by Christos now” I answer trying my best to hold his stare.

 

Nodding slowly showing his understanding the smile never left his face. I watched as more deities and demons danced around the palace to the music of the party. They ate and drank copiously.

 

”Do you know why we're here?” Hypnos asked in a bored tone.

 

His onyx orbs never left the former kings own. I felt a little intimidated at all the power that was running through this space. I don't think Minos cared about the sleep Gods tone because he just continued to smile.

 

”Today is a day of celebration there will be no talk of business here,” Minos said with a smile, but laced in a voice of annoyance.

 

Turning away from us his robe trailed behind him. ”Stay, eat and drink.” he spoke as he walked back up the stairs.

 

 ”And Tomorrow, we’ll discuss why Christos allowed a soul to walk through the doors of death without my final judgment” he finished as he disappeared behind a golden door.

 

I felt a chill run down my spine. I knew I was in trouble from the tone in his voice. Nibbling on the corner of my lower lip I was truly headed for a panic attack. I began to hyperventilate trying my best to breath.

 

”I need Jonas” I whispered as I held a hand to my chest. ”I need Jonas”

 

He was the only one who could calm me down and bring me out of the attack. I felt my heart hammer against my chest. Closing my eyes I started chanting my best friend's name like a mantra. Over and over I whispered needing to get my best friend's comfort.

 

Suddenly I felt a jolt of electricity shoot through my skin. My eyes shot open to see Hypnos standing in front of me. He had both of his hands on my shoulders rubbing small circles with his thumbs. My attention was caught by his gaze. I was fixed in my spot, my breathing slowed as well as my heartbeat.

 

”You ok now?” he asked me quietly.

 

Nodding my head I took a deep breath and released it slowly. Hypnos nodded as well and released his hold on me. I shivered, missing the warmth from his strong hands. He turned and walked away avoiding the dancing bodies around us.

 

”I really wish you wouldn't leave me like this!!” I yelled at he retreating back as I ran to catch up.

 

 

 

 

9