Chapter 6: Glitches in the Heart
170 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the realization of what she just said hits me, my face heats up. Turning my head to try and hide the blush I sigh.

 

”Is it that obvious?”

 

A cacophony of raspy chuckles echoed throughout the hall. Turning to face the three witches I see them wearing toothless grins. I sigh once again as I lace my fingers behind my back.

 

”Fine, fine, fine it's painfully obvious to the three blind witches,” I say in defeat. ”But I can't help it” I say in almost a whine.

 

Deino extends the arm holding the single eye towards me. I watch as the murky iris moves around's as it sizes me up. ”Your honor we did not intend to embarrass you, only to make you aware of our genuine reason for approaching you”

 

”And what would that be?” I ask in a whisper

 

”As we have previously stated, it is to help you with your heart”. She said with a smile.

 

”In ancient times, Deities, Gods, angels, and demons were born with soulmates. It was hard-wired into us to find them. Sometimes they were in other worlds, some were born at different times and some were even human.” Enyo spoke with a scruffy voice.

 

”In order to find their other half, they could roam for a millennium. And do you know what would happen to one's body to signal their discovery?” Pemphredo asked.

 

 Nodding my head yes I blushed.

 

”Ah, of course, you would your honor you are one of the ancient Gods we speak of” Deino answered.

 

”When we meet our mates our soul essence tends to glow.” I offered to the three. ”Since our soul essence if different than a human’s soul we can temper our essence to hone in on our mates”

 

Deino slowly began to sit with her legs crossed. Still holding the eye forward I watched as it blinked. She nodded her head with another toothless grin and smiled.

 

”But it seems as if your soul essence is glitching and I believe it's because your mate has suppressed his own essence.” she told me with the wrinkles in her face settling in a sympathetic look.

 

In shock, my eyes went wide and I began to think. Why would he do something like that? Did he not want me, was I not his type? How could he do this, why would he do this?

 

I began to pace back and forth my shroud drifting behind me. My mind going a million miles an hour trying to figure things out.

 

”Your grace please, quiet your mind there is no need to feel so troubled”

 

I stop in my tracks and turn to face them. My furrowed brows revealed the confusion running throughout my mind. I withdrew my arms to hide them beneath my cloak.

 

”We are not allowed to tell you why your mate would have done this but, we can say it will not remain this way” Pemphredo explained to me in an assuring manner.

 

I smiled sadly as I nodded in understanding.

 

”I understand that you can't tell me, it's fine”

 

”Thank you, your grace, for being so understanding ” Enyo answered in return.

 

As I showed a small smile the temperature in the hall began to drop. Mist filled the room and I watched as it enveloped the sisters.

 

”Your honor do not worry you will one day be a glow” Deino said as their figures disappeared into the mist.

 

I shook my head in astonishment and turned to the staircase. Walking up step by step I go over everything the sisters told me. Every time I think about the fact my soul mate suppressed his own essence I become saddened. Then a new fear hits me what if Hypnos is not my mate? What do I do with my love for him?

 

Finally, I reached the room I saw Hypnos disappear into. I took a minute and inhaled deeply, releasing it slowly trying to calm my racing heartbeat. Knocking three times I hear no acknowledgment of my presence. I knock once more and before I could finish, the door creeks open.

 

Standing there with my fist in mid-air I search the darkened room.

 

”Um, Hypnos may I enter?” I ask dropping my arm.

 

As an answer to my request, I receive a soft grunt. Taking my first step into the room the door gradually closed behind me. I pay no mind to the closing of the door. My eyes gleam a light amethyst as I adjust my vision.

 

When they finally adapt I stop in my tracks. Hypnos was cloaked in darkness but, his aura was so pure he shone so brightly. Absentmindedly a small smile graced my lips.

 

”You wanted to speak to me?” Hypnos asked in such a deep voice it brought me out of my stupor.

 

Fixating on his beautiful face I stumble through my words. ”Oh, yes! I was, I was wondering where, where I should sleep tonight”

 

Dammit Christos man up stop acting so scared!! It's not like he's going to eat me!! If he chose to I wouldn't stop him. No! Stop being so vulgar! Get yourself together!

 

Putting an end to my inner dialogue I pat my face lightly. Then suddenly I realize that Hypnos has been watching me the whole time. I blush furiously and dropped my head hiding my embarrassment.

 

”You can choose from the many rooms on this floor or you may sleep here”

 

”What!” I ask in surprise as my head snapped up.

 

Hypnos sighed heavily, placing his hands on his thighs he stood. In a daze, I watched as he sauntered towards me.

 

”If you do not feel comfortable sleeping on your own, you can rest here, I will just take the sofa” he announced as he pointed to the divan across the room.

 

Following his pointed finger, I eyed the sofa. In my nervousness, I swallowed thickly. Turning my gaze back to the sleep God I stilled.

 

9