Chapter 8: Minos Word is Law
150 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gawked in awe as I stood in front of Minos’ doors. The floor to ceiling entrance was embellished with golden emblems and surrounded by diamonds. I opened my mouth to inquire about the emblems but, suddenly, the doors open.

 

Without pause, Hypnos strolled inside. I myself took timid steps instead. The heavy barriers shut quickly with a loud boom. Finally making my way to Hypnos’ side I stood with hesitation. Hiding my hands under my shroud I began to fidget with my fingers.

 

”Come, come sit, take a rest”

 

Minos appeared from behind a shoji screen. Fully dressed in a purple garb. From head to toe, he conveyed his royalty through the beautifully designed cloth.  When he noticed that neither I nor Hypnos moved to sit he released a chuckle.

 

”No one's going to have a seat”? He asked with a questioning tone.

 

I felt a little nervous so I made my way to the chair Minos pointed to. Hypnos made no gestures to sit. He just stood there motionless and a face full of indifference.

 

”Stop trying to delay the inevitable we have things to do” Hypnos declared.

 

”I see” Minos responded as he walked forward and took his own seat. ”It seems as if the sleep God is eager for me to pass judgment against you, reaper,” he said as he turned his red gaze towards me. ”But are you ready?” he asked with a tiny smirk.

 

My head was spinning, multiple thoughts running through my mind. Fidgeting in my seat I chewed on my lower lip. Suddenly I felt a slight pressure on my shoulder. Immediately warmth flowed through me like a current. Taking a deep breath I exhaled slowly.

 

Releasing a sharp chuckle Minos leaned back and smiled. ”Seeing as you're having a hard time answering me I'll take that as a no”. Closing his eyes he sighed and cupped his hands. ”I thoroughly acknowledge that the majority of the blame lies with Charon but, I cannot punish him without punishing you as well”

 

I felt Hypnos stiffen beside me but, soon he relaxed. Stepping forward he crossed his arms. ”I'm sure Christos’ punishment will be lesser than that incompetent ferryman,” he said in a stern manner.

 

”I don't think he’d take kindly to you calling him an incompetent ferryman” Minos laughed loudly. ”But yes I shall be lenient with my judgment ”.

 

Minos leaned forward and narrowed his eyes. I felt his ruby-red orbs run over my entire body. Feeling a chill I shiver lightly and drop my gaze to stare at my hands.

 

”For the offense of premature soul deviation Lord reaper, you will work an entire month with Hypnos”

 

Immediately my eyes sprung open in disbelief. He wanted me to do what now? Work with who? No…No… No…I-I-cant. This definitely will not end well. I turned to see if Hypnos himself had anything to say against this and what do I see? Hypnos, as calm as a crystal lake.

 

”Are you sure that's a good idea I mean I'm not very knowledgeable about his work” I quickly ask trying to get Minos to change his mind.

 

With a laugh that echoed throughout the mansion, Minos swiveled to face the sleep God. ”What do you think Heath? Is it a good idea?” he asked with a slight smirk.

 

Dropping his crossed arms Hypnos turned to leave.

”Your judgment is law, I will not interfere ”

 

Minos laughed even harder at Hypnos’ words.

 

My jaw dropped as I stood and stumbled to catch up with Hypnos.

 

”Have fun little Christos!” Minos shouted as we made our way out of the palace.

 

Finally catching up to Hypnos I silently walk beside him. My head hung low as I counted my steps.

 

”Will it be so bad to work alongside me?”

 

I stood still and watched as Hypnos kept walking. I realized he was once again leaving me so I ran to catch up with him again. ”Its-its not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't want to cause you problems” I answered with my head hung low. ”I don't even have anyone to watch my- my shop, I can't just leave my babies alone”

 

Suddenly, I hit something hard. Staggering back I raise my eyes to focus before me. Hypnos stood in front of me silently looking ahead.

 

”I will personally see to your day to day assignments and if it makes you feel any better I will also send a very competent temp to assist at your shop” he spoke as he opened a portal to home.

 

Stepping through the opening I see Jonas standing there with a pointed look. ”About bloody freaking time!” he said as he jogged towards me. Patting me down and turning me around he checked me for bruises. ”He didn't hurt you did he?”

 

Pushing my best friend back slightly I smiled. I snap my fingers and changed my attire. I once again stood before him with my baby blue button-down and black slacks. ” See nothing’s wrong I'm ok” I answer as I smile.

 

”Are you going to be this annoying when he comes to work for me?”

 

 

11