Chapter11: First Day
133 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5:00 am

 

5 am came quicker than I thought it would. As I tapped at the alarm button I sighed loudly. Lifting my phone to my eye level I swiped down on the screen checking my notifications.

 

”How did you sleep?” I read the text from Jonas out loud.

 

I laughed sarcastically as I reread the text in an annoyed tone.

 

How did you sleep?”

 

Well, Jonas, I didn't sleep. I spent the entire night laying in bed staring at the ceiling. It was like my mind was running a marathon and forgot to tell me. I just kept thinking about how I would spend all day with Heath.

 

Sighing even louder now I ran my palms down my tired face.  I send an emoji as a reply to Jonas and climb out of bed. As my feet hit the carpeted floor my phone dings. I grabbed the device and check his reply.

 

As I was reading it the phone began to ring. Seeing that it was my best friend I swiped the green symbol.

 

”What's the point of sending me the text if you were just going to call me anyway” I laugh as I ask.

 

”I do what I want now stop complaining ” he replied. “And answer me, how did you sleep?”

 

Groaning again at the word sleep I stood and began walking towards the bathroom. “I would definitely answer that had I gotten even a wink of sleep but, I didn’t “

 

“You should’ve called your little sleep God I’m sure he could’ve put you to sleep” he giggled out.

 

Turning on the shower I pulled my hand back quickly avoiding the onslaught of cold water. “I can hear your pervert through the phone Jonas” I said returning the giggle.

 

“I wasn't trying to hide it” he replied back.

 

”Well it's 5:25 now and I still need to shower so I'll call you back when I'm walking out the door”

 

A light hum came through the other side of the phone.

”Alright, I'll be at my office”

 

As I ended our call I sighed once again. I stepped closer to my sink and placed the device on the counter. Staring at myself in the mirror I focus on my eyes. I look tired, so tired but, I have to get this over with.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

6:20 am

 

Pulling on my jacket and grabbing my bag I headed for the door. The shower was very useful in waking me up now all I need is a cup of coffee and I’d feel a lot better. I opened the door and walked out onto the street. I locked my front door and made sure it was secured.

 

My house was in a little suburb located on the edge of the city. On the outside, I guess you could say that it resembled the other houses in the cul-de-sac but, the inside was completely me.

 

I took two steps off of my porch and suddenly my phone rang. As I looked at the id I didn't recognize the number. I answered believing that it had something to do with my shop.

 

”Hello?”

 

”It's 6:20 and it takes 30 minutes to get here from where you live”

 

The deep soulful voice of Hypnos echoed through my senses. I inhaled deeply and released the warm breath.

 

”I won't be late I promise” I replied.

 

Hypnos remained silent allowing my vow to drift between us.

 

”I’ll be there in 2 minutes tops,” I said quickly adjusting my bag.

 

”I'm looking forward to your arrival” he answered before he ended the call.

 

My arm holding the phone dropped to my side as my tense body loosened. I turned back towards my door, unlocked it and walked inside. After I closed it I leaned my body against it and sighed. Snapping my fingers once my scythe materialized in my hand. I watched as the blade glinted in the sunlight. Getting a good grip on the handle, I tapped it on the floor three times. A misted portable opened before me.

 

Stepping out on the other side of the portal I landed right in Heath’s office. I stumbled a little when I landed so I tried to get my balance. When I was steady enough I straightened up and was face to face with my new boss.

 

Hypnos was sitting on the edge of his desk. His arms were crossed in front of him like he was waiting for me. His long sturdy figure stood slowly and walked towards me.

 

”6:22, two minutes exactly,” Hypnos whispered.

 

I gently smiled at his acknowledgment of my punctuality. Adjusting the bag on my shoulder once more I stood shyly. Hypnos turned and walked towards the office entrance. Opening the door slowly he spoke: ”Follow me”

9