Chapter 38: Ja-Young
657 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38: Ja-Young

If only I could just kill those fucking summoners... But I don't know where they are, in the game the story of Ja-Young only contained information that the monster was summoned but the location was never mentioned. Those tiny details were not included cause it was only a summary of her life. Fortunately, the date was written... And I still remember it. Well, it's not like I would actually kill them anyway... That's dangerous...

With such thoughts, I soon put them aside when the orc suddenly ran towards me.

"Come at me you dead brain trash of a disgraceful pig. You should be proud and honored you are facing someone that's a noble like me"

Before I charged though, I quickly gulped the strengthening potion I prepared and In an instant, I soon clenched the grip of my sword as I aimed toward the orc.

"First Form [Heavenly Dash]"

I uttered, in a blink of an eye.

——Bang!!!!——

A loud sound resonated and echoed all over the place from the groundbreaking because of the impact I created using my feet to increase my speed dashing.

Combined with the ability [Dazzling Dash]

My speed went beyond of someone who is normally at my rank could comprehend. Despite that, the orc was not the same for he clashed against my sword that was purely aimed toward his head.

—Clang!!!—

A deafening sound of two forces colliding then quickly followed. The orc this time unlike any other used mana and sword aura with skills and knowledge about using swords.

However, as time went on, I was losing at the competition between strengths. Without any hesitation, I swiftly tried to slide the huge sword that was continuously hammered down to split me into two, and at the same time I turned my body in a circular motion while crouching before—

Slash

Slashing the orc's feet, yet to my demise, the sound of his armor being scratched from my attack only echoed. Without warning, the huge feet on his other side which was his left suddenly moved and—

Crack!!!

Kicked me in a circular motion which led me to be thrown at his place earlier.

Crash!!!

Feeling my body crash on his throne in a matter of seconds, screams of agony in my muscles quickly followed. My left hand that tried to block his kick got their bones broken including some of my ribs. My vision was also so blurry and suddenly a burning sensation and the taste of something salty surged through my mouth.

"Argh!"

I spitted out blood.

"..."

Smelling the blood that oozed the scent of metallic, my eyes gazed at the sword that was beside the orc who was laughing at me.

"KUHAHAHA WEAK!!! YOU DARE EVEN CHALLENGE SOMEONE LIKE ME? WHEN YOU ARE THIS WEAK?"

Trying not to waste time, I struggled to stand up without using my broken left hand. Breathing heavily, I looked at the feet of the orc.

"Looks like the water has risen"

I muttered as I inwardly commanded the system to heal my bones. But...

Image

Image

Image

"Hm..." I groaned, disregarding the notification as I used my earth psychokinesis to throw the huge throne he sat on.

I then felt the gush of wind passing through me when I threw the throne at the orc and-

—Kwang!!—

I imbued my right hand and feet with mana and aura before rushing toward him.

Since my speciality was killing people in my past life, of course, I was also good with hand-to-hand combat... Just that... I would be crushed in an instant if I was hit by that monster's fist. But I'm charging at him?

Why is that?

Crackle

A loud sound of the orc's body destroying the throne I have thrown at him echoed and stepped back because of the impact. And when he saw me approach he quickly stepped on the ground to prepare his swing. As the momentum to swing his sword was finished, he quickly drew it toward me who was coming for him.

However, as his horizontal swing of sword rushed toward me, I quickly used my ability [dazzling dash] combined with the first form of the book heavenly dash. In that short span of time, I blinked out of the orc's eyes because of my speed and was able to dodge his huge sword as a result.

Then suddenly, his sword shone brightly in red.

★Tak!★

The eerily sound of his sword suddenly extending moved sideways and aimed at my heart.

However, instead of getting stabbed, I jumped and perfectly dodged the continuous run of the pointy sword and instead went straight toward its owner.

I expected that as part of his sword's mechanics since I've fought him countless times in the game. And there's actually an easy way to beat this guy without overpowering him with strength.

Looking at the ground that's made of dirt.

I formed earlier a huge boulder behind me while I was approaching my enemy.

As the pointy sword stabbed the orc's stomach a huge boulder quickly followed, I then gracefully crouched as it hit him.

Baaannggg!!!

As a result, the deep penetration of the pointed sword deepened. While his body collided with the huge boulder, his body flew toward the empty place I rose from but now filled with water.

Splash!!!

Soaked, the orc tried swimming out of the pool, I then approached the edge near the filled water place and chanted in response while putting my right hand on the ground.

"ᚠᚱᛖᛖᛉᛖ"

In an instant, I could feel a chunk of my mana quickly diminish while the sound of mana resonated as blue particles started to shine from the ground then-

CHATTER!!!

The whole pool suddenly froze and turned into ice with the orc's body except his bust and head.

Runes are what you would call the forgotten ancient words in this world. Only a few people could use runes because of how hard they are to decipher and how hard it is to find a book about them. Fortunately, I knew a few things about runes because of the game making it easier for me to decipher the runes in this area. [Runes] can be used in a lot of different things, writing or scribbling runes can be used to either strengthen you put defense, etc. Make traps like the one that I tried in this dungeon. Basically, they are the very concept of magic itself. Including more abstract concepts like time, emotion, order, chaos, Cosmic Phenomenon, and more.

This is the reason why I blocked the holes where the water flows out.

Since there were scribbled runes around the area earlier. I immediately figured out what it meant after I memorized the content of the translation of each word that I need to chant combining the knowledge I had from the game. Though even I didn't memorize it, I knew that the scribbled runes around can be used in the game to freeze the orc this way and kill him. However, if I didn't use memorize I won't be able to quickly understand those ancient words or even chant them. I just knew because of the game.

"It was a good choice to buy memorize"

I uttered while wiping the blood that dripped out of my mouth with my right hand's sleeve. I couldn't use my handkerchief because I used it to wipe with the orc's blood. Still... Wiping my blood with my sleeve felt freaking uncomfortable for a perfectionist like me but the pain all over my body got the best of me.

With all the fatigue piled up, my body almost crumbled down. But I needed to finish the orc first.

Walking limply, I then took my sword on the ground while I could suddenly feel that I have broken my right foot from jumping to dodge the attack that pointed at my heart earlier. Abusing dazzling dash and heavenly footsteps caused that. Only now was I able to notice, it was because I was too focused on killing my enemy.

"You fuck! What the fuck did you do? I never knew that this shit could happen... Perhaps it's because of that witch???"

The orc muttered in rage. But the sudden call for the witch halted me.

"Witch?"

"Yeah! That witch, she told me to guard this place until someone will appear here. She is the reason I can't get out of here!!! That fucking bitch!!!"

A mysterious figure that I heard of in the game. I was piqued by interest when I heard he had to do something with the witch but...

I soon disregard it because the witch didn't have any importance in the game or story. Just a legend, or to be precise... It's the witch I think that killed everyone in sight using her mist ability. A person that disappeared for maybe like a hundred years already yet she still left a mark and horror to people.

Without wasting any more time, I then raised my sword that's imbued with sword aura and aimed it toward the orc.

"Squeal!!!"

The pig then trembled in response.

"Nooo!!! You fucking coward!!! Weak human!!!"

He tried to struggle but my sword soon pierced through the left side of his neck as I held it in a reverse grip. Grinding my sword like a saw on his neck. I couldn't finish him off quickly because I was too weak and because his skin is thicker than usual for he covered it with mana and aura. So I decided to slowly grind my sword on his neck until it was completely sliced off of his body while combining it with my ability sword slash's strength.

Screaming in agony, the head of the orc struggled and trembled from pain. Trying to stop my sword from cutting his neck off.

However, I only pushed and embedded my sword harder. The sound of its struggle was annoying though, and the process was so gruesome that I made a river of blood. Just as I was continuing, the orc tried to bite my right hand and—

Munch!!!

I groaned in pain as I didn't notice he was just pretending that he is already dying and losing strength so I could let my guard down. From my blurry vision and already tired body, I wanted to finish it off as quickly as possible. That's why I unconsciously and suddenly let my guard down. As a result of fighting too much, I feel like I could faint anytime. Finding my fault I could only grit my teeth as he pounds his teeth deeper on my right hand.

Fortunately, because of the black mist that strengthened my bones, the orc couldn't completely cut my arm off because of how hard my bones were yet the feeling of it being crushed was enough to make a grown-up man cry in pain. Only my perfectionism or Alfonso's ego was keeping me so.

I tried to shut my mouth from screaming but the voice grew inside me and I groaned quietly from pain at the same time I continued to slice the orc's head with my chest, mouth, and even my broken left hand just to push the sword and cut the orc's head completely.

"You trash!!!" I muttered as I controlled my sword with psychokinesis to increase the push of my sword from slicing his neck.

I've used almost all of my mana so I couldn't use my elemental earth ability again to help me. That also includes psychokinesis, I'm already at my limit and my head was throbbing from pain from using it multiple times.

And then...

Splatter

Image

 

 

 

 

Finally.

 

 

 

Image

You leveled up!

You leveled up!

You leveled up!

You leveled up!..

.

.

.

His head was completely sliced off. If I left him alive, who knows if the frozen water suddenly melts?

Not a chance I would let that happen since in the game it actually did. Just that it took a while I think.

With that in thought a burning sensation could be felt on my nose. Realizing that blood's been flowing. It was the backlash of using psychokinesis too much.

I then struggled to rest my back on the wall for a little trying to not lose consciousness.

"Haahh..." I took a tired sigh and looked at my clothes that's been covered with blood.

The feeling of disgust was growing but I could not do anything. Even at this time, I'm still so freaking annoyed by the blood that has stained me.

To be honest, I could have used my 'Mist Ability' to kill the orc too but it was too risky because I could lose my mind using that ability. Especially since it constantly replays your trauma in your head when you use it. Well... If it's needed I won't hesitate to use it... Just that if someone also saw me use it, I might be fucked.

"..."

[Blade of Pierce] is also one hell of an ability I didn't use, because I could only use it once and... If I used it on the orc that's covered in armor. I think it wouldn't have that much damage on him.

"I'm tired..." I whispered with my vision getting blurry as time went on.

"Potions!" I suddenly thought.

I soon went to buy using my points some potion but I couldn't reach them out because of my broken arms. Left with no choice, I used my mouth to open them with the help of my shoulders and feet to not leak out while opening.

Soon,

Gulp!

Gulp!

I drank one potion, yet only the flesh on my right hand and ribs completely healed but not the bones because the backlash of my abilities was in effect.

"..."

Witnessing the effect, I was disappointed but the pain was lessening so it was kinda worth it. Well, I just wanted to try if it somehow saves my body from the backlash but looks like it doesn't.

I then looked at the sudden notification that I was not able to check earlier.

[Ding!]

Image

 

 

 

 

Image

 

 

 

Image

 

"Yes"

I whispered then—

 

 

Image

In an instant, I could feel my body healing rapidly. Though I still needed to wait for a little while to completely heal.

Image

The system rang as I quietly waited for my body to heal when suddenly.

——Kwang!!!——

Two portals appeared on the place where the throne of the orc was.

One portal was the exit while the other one was I didn't know.

"What the... Were there two portals that appeared in the game?"

I muttered trying to remember if there were, but I could only shake my head because there was none.

I then gazed at the unknown portal that was surrounded by a purple color.

 

[Ding!]

 

[Hidden quest has appeared]

 

Image

.

.

.

.

......

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Antelmo's POV

 

Inside a luxurious office, a wide man wearing a white suit and an insignia on his chest representing the name of his house can be seen, sitting on top of a golden chair with dragons engraved for designs. His black hair and youthful face seemed to not age and could be mistaken for his age as early 30s in the modern world.

With a cold gaze, he stared out of the window deep in his thoughts.

"Alfonso..."

Antelmo quietly muttered while thinking of the things he heard and what had developed. Hearing his son defeat Reinhardt the other day shook him. Even though he showed an indifferent gaze, the inside could not be said the same.

The changes in Alfonso we're so rapid that he is left speechless. Was it because of the broken engagement? But that answer itself was not enough. Because the Alfonso he saw and the eyes that burned were no different from a person who found what he wants to do in life.

"I wish I was able to see what made you change that drastically..." The man whispered as he tried to remember how he have treated his son so far.

Only after remembering a day that Alfonso became timid suddenly did he frown. Even though he didn't know the reason or what happened that time but one thing can be described by his son at that time.

He was WEAK.

"Weak... But I'm glad you are growing... Let's see how far you'll go..."

He muttered and soon disregard his thoughts. Only in his mind that occupied him was his deceased wife.

"Emilia... Your son has grown up... I wonder what kind of face you'll be making if you are still alive..." The man spoke in a hoarse tone and his eyes filled with sorrow.

"No matter what... I'll...?????"

He suddenly whispered while his voice was filled with resentment.

 

 

I don't know if you guys can visualize the scene of him cutting the orc's head in a reverse grip but I tried my best to describe it. As always I'm open to criticism for my chapter to improve

29