Chapter 10: Suspicious
2.4k 13 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Suspicious

Mary's Side

The first night they arrived here, Mary was able to see how devastated Alfonso was inside when he nulled the engagement. However, his face was as graceful as ever. She tried to follow him but he ordered her not to, understanding Alfonso's feelings she decided to follow his order. But she was still worried nonetheless.

"..."

Soon a knight appeared on her back and spoke. "I'll follow him, don't worry, I think he just needs time." Hearing such a familiar voice she turned her head.

Then saw Kevin, Mary soon decided not to use her hearing senses for Alfonso out of respect for not peeking through his privacy. However, she still used her [Hyper Sense] but not in its full power, just in case a presence of an enemy appeared, she'll be able to immediately take action.

Just like that, time quickly passed, and Alfonso finally got back to his tent and as expected, Alfonso looked tired.

But when she saw Alfonso finally back, she immediately used her ability to its full power.

.

.

.

Days have gone by. It's been 4 days since Alfonso has been hunting with Valentina and Kevin.

Every time Alfonso went to sleep, she could see just how exhausted he is from every single hunt. Especially how he sleeps so fast when he just rolled on his bed.

But he hid it from everyone. Mary's heart ached because of how hard Alfonso is pushing himself just to get stronger.

Every time they were done hunting and exhausted from it, Alfonso would push himself to train. She could even hear Alfonso's bones, sometimes breaking. She would always check him from time to time, but his figure always stood there as if nothing had happened. There was also a time when Alfonso just suddenly collapsed while training, Mary carried him in hurry and tried treating his body inside the tent in worry.

When she saw that every nook of bones Alfonso had in his body was broken, Mary trembled in terror. She used every bit of her ability to heal him quickly. She didn't call for help when she was treating him because she knows that if she did. She thinks that Alfonso would die if she delayed it any longer.

[However, that's not the case. Alfonso would have still lived because of the use of the system where he heals very quickly]

She knows that Alfonso wants to change and make up for his mistakes. Probably to distract himself too from being heartbroken. But this was just too much! Especially when she knows why he turned this way. She felt very guilty because he was doing this for others and for her.

Fortunately, Alfonso was able to abnormally heal quickly when morning came. It made Mary very baffled by it. She thought that the medicine was just very effective and that it healed him quickly.

But that didn't stop Mary from passively scolding Alfonso for overworking himself. Her voice was full of sorrow that she almost teared up.

Alfonso however only nodded and didn't repeat that again. Making her relieved in the process.

Surprisingly though, he didn't get angry nor blamed her. He just took her words and made Mary inwardly smile in response with a tender look in her eyes. But ever since that day, she became more cautious about what is Alfonso doing.

She thought that Alfonso is really changing... All she could hope at that moment was for Alfonso to be happy and see him smile again.

Meanwhile, She was also able to notice his abilities were very powerful, she even wondered if Alfonso is really just an Average rank.

However, his growth was also unbelievably fast too.

Mary could see that Alfonso was just a Low rank when they arrived here but he transformed into average rank within just four days. That could take over one month to reach.

Even Kevin, Valentina, Christine, and the other knights were impressed by his growth. And it's not even stopping.

Bothered because of how fast Alfonso is growing, Valentina also started to challenge herself too, fighting much stronger beasts. She has a very competitive personality and didn't want Alfonso to get near her rank. After she called him a weak person, she would be embarrassed if Alfonso had the strength to protect her after that.

His growth might be fast right now but not a single one of them got suspicious because there are some cases where a person's growth are very fast but after they reached above average rank and master. They start to get stuck there until they got too old to even advance anymore. Some of them even speculated that Alfonso is using pills, especially Christine because she thinks that Alfonso's pride must have been hurt very badly by Valentina, and wanted to get stronger in an easy way.

Although For the past four days, they planned to stay for two weeks but after Mary informed everyone that there is some odd occurrence happening in the forest. They decided to stay for just one week.

Mary always felt like someone was watching them but couldn't find who or where they are, even after she used her [Hyper Sense] ability.

That is why she decided that they go home earlier than planned.

………

Six days have passed, and I've been doing nothing but improve my strength.

Killing slimes, goblins, and other weak beasts to earn points and get abilities.

I have a total of 174 points right now and three abilities which costed me 410 in total

============================/

[Abilities]:

-Super Slash (50 points) -Brute Thrust (150 points) -Blade of Pierce (210 points)

/============================\n Brute thrust is one hell of an op ability. I can use this ability as my sneak attack, however, my bones would break if I used them three times.

I'm currently level 22 [Average) rank right now. But me repeatedly using these abilities might lessen the damage to my body. I don't know though, how many times should I use them and how much I should master them to evolve.

While the [Super Slash] one ability is something I can use anytime without getting tired anymore unlike when I was just level 7 or lower, my bones would break by using them over 30+ times.

It's painful as hell whenever that happens, the excruciating pain would make me go nuts. But I've been able to bear them now as I'm slowly getting used to it.

Even so, I'm astonished by the fact that my regeneration is inhumanely faster than what you can call normal. Probably because my level is higher now, that's why my regeneration is as it is. Even my energy would go back to normal if I just slept for a whole night or maybe even just three hours.

This is crazy op as heck, I think I'm much stronger than any average rank in this world. I'm probably two times stronger than them. I could now even match an above-average rank if I wanted to. But that would break every bone I have, use all of my trump cards and abilities to win.

It actually depends on who I'm fighting. I might die if I faced a very skilled one.

Of course, I didn't show anyone my real strength. I always practiced in the dark, so I think no one knows about this. Except for Mary that is...

Anyway, for the last ability, I bought.

[Blade of Pierce]

This ability is one hell of a thing... when I tried to use this ability, I immediately lost conscience and all I could do at that time was groan in pain.

Luckily Mary treated me that day, lessening the pain and when morning came, she immediately scolded me in worry with her hoarse voice that was filled with sorrow.

|"Lord Alfonso, Please don't push yourself too much!"|

I didn't notice it in the game but Mary seems to care about Alfonso very much. She also didn't question me why I collapsed so I was relieved.

There's also a sudden increase in my points too, ‹50› So I can only think that Mary's view of me changed, once again.

[If it was the past Alfonso, he would have been happy to see this but would tell Mary to shut up]

‹Perhaps Alfonso was not as I thought he was before?›

I asked inside.

It's good speculation, maybe Mary loved him before but because of his actions over time, she buried them deep in her heart.

‹But what made Alfonso and Mary change? If he is not that of a deep shit before... And how come they became so distant?›

You see, I've been trying so hard lately to not lash out at every commoner I see. Even going as far as to endure their disgusting presence.

It made me really curious, why and how is Alfonso so deeply connected with Mary when he is so disgusted with commoners?

It makes sense now why Alfonso in the game trusts her so much. Unless... Alfonso cares for her too. And because Mary also cared for him, Mary in the end stayed with him to die in the game.

Now...

It really made me have a second thought if it's really because of the contract.

‹I should see what else I can change, Mary is a good starting point.›

Having a Legend rank on my side is never a bad thing.

Author: I'm going to update 2 chapters every week from now on. So the quality of my writing won't go down. I am kind of a perfectionist after all lmao (But thank you for reading this far though) <3

103