Chapter 11: Suspicious
2.3k 15 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11: Suspicious

To begin with. Today is the last day we'll be hunting. The day Valentina tries to ascend.

Finding a monster that's powerful enough to make her breakthrough.

But for these past few days... Kevin... That guy, there is this weird feeling around him.

Whenever I caught a glimpse of his glance at Valentina, there is this lust oozing out of him.

I felt my body tremble from disgust. Since I've seen guys like him before, I can easily identify what kind of a person he is.

|"You should be wary of that knight of yours."| I warned Valentina yesterday.

However, she only disregarded my warnings seeing it as me regretting that I nulled our engagement.

It pissed me a little bit and even felt my heart ache once again. But I soon didn't care! I just did my part since I was bothered; She's a heroine, so I guess nothing will happen to her.

.

.

.

As we walked and tried finding a beast that could make Valentina's breakthrough, suddenly,

"Roar!!!"

A howl of a wolf echoed all over the forest.

We finally have spotted an enemy worthy of Valentina.

The gigantic wolf had a pack before him, feeling the presence of an intruder he roared.

As if asking for us to go away, however,

Valentina and Kevin already launched toward the pack at an unbelievable speed.

I then halted from my steps and admired the scene I was witnessing.

‹This shit only happens in fantasy movies or anime.› I said inwardly with astonishment.

While the two moved in harmony as the swords touched the flesh of their enemies.

Slash!

However, if will I be as strong as them was my only concern at the moment

Soon, I checked my status.

==============================

|Name: Alfonso Quiñones|

•Age: 12

[Points: 204]

Level: 22 [Average]

—————————————————

[Abilities]:

-Super Slash -Brute Thrust -Blade of Pierce

—————————————————

[Skills]:

•Martial Arts: 23 (Low)

•Swordsmanship: 57 (Average)

•Medical Skills: 33 (Low)

•Singing: 22 (Low)

•Instruments: 70 (Unknown)

•Magical skills: 52 (Average)

•Horsemanship: 55 (Average)

•Arts: 117 (Master)

==============================

I suddenly reminisced about the past when I was still at a low rank and level 1.

I then chuckled inwardly, at how fast I improved. At that moment, I was fucking satisfied! But suddenly,

"Shing!"

Sword being brought out rang through my ears.

"Intruders"

The knights said in rhythm as they surrounded me and Christine along with Mary. I flinched a little with disgust when Christine got closer but didn't mind it as soon I was reminded by the intruders. While Mary stared at the dept of the forest; it was clear that she was sensing the presence of the unwanted people with her [Hyper Sense].

………

(Valentina and Kevin's Side)

Valentina and Kevin were fighting the wolves at the same moment when suddenly a presence of unwanted stranger appeared, jolting them both.

However, none of them knew who and why

Rattled by it, Valentina's excited expression soon turned grim. Even Kevin who kept on sneakily glancing at Valentina stopped.

He still didn't use his full power though, for Valentina to ascend.

—Clash!

The sound of her sword colliding with the claws of the wolf leader shook. While Kevin defended Valentina from the pack.

—Shiingg!!!

Soon sharp combo of blades piercing the dept skin of the large Leader wolf followed.

Roaring from pain as it continuously took the offensive. But no matter how it struggled to hit Valentina, she would always dodge and block it.

However, a hole appeared in her stance

Clang!!!

The wolf leader tried to attack that opportunity of a lifetime. Fortunately, Kevin was there to block for her.

"Be careful Young Lady," said Kevin and soon continued killing the last remaining pack of wolves.

Valentina then nodded her head in response. And attacked the wolf leader once again, without giving a care about how she almost died

But, this time.

†Tak! †Tak †Tak!†

Blue light began to form around her sword,

—Shaang!

A blinding dazzle of her sword then followed, increasing the grip around her sword

"Haaa!"

Valentina exhaled her breath heavily then soon,

——★Ting!...★——

The deafening sound coming from her sword echoed

[Blade of Verse]

That was the ability Valentina used to end the life of the beast.

The wolf cried in agony as it clutched for his last breath, however, it ended with his head being stabbed by Valentina.

>Spruck!<

Leaving her body exhausted. She soon suddenly felt her rank go up; now she has finally reached the Master rank, the same as Kevin.

The two's skills and experiences still differ significantly, though. Because Kevin has a lot of battle experience compared to Valentina who was taken care of like a princess. But all her hard work and talent were paying off right now.

"..."

Seeing how she finally ascended, Kevin soon turned his focus to where the presence they felt came from.

………

(Alfonso's POV)

As I witnessed the death of the wolf leader. I can't help but be excited to be as strong as the two. But even so, when I used the system to determine someone's place, the uninvited guest has not yet come nor moved from their location.

As if they were waiting for something.

An eery feeling radiated around and an uncomfortable silence followed

"..."

Suddenly, at that moment a bright light flickered from the direction of the intruder's presence.

Mary's brows soon furrowed while Christine who was beside me stepped back a little.

Roar!!!

Then A deafening growl of a beast shook the earth. Making everyone shiver from its pressure, except for Mary who just stood there with a grim expression, and me, because of Alfonso's mentality.

But when its growl ended, a sudden burst of footstep rang, coming toward us, as the ground trembled.

Rumble! Rumble! Rumble!

My eyes slightly widened when the status of the beast that roared suddenly appeared.

=============================/

|Lion Beast|

-Rank: Legend

/=============================\n †Tak †Tak! †Tak!† The sound of light forming around Mary's dagger echoed. Then she spoke coldly, "Protect Young Miss and my Lord from the intruders and get away from here!"

Bang!

The figure of her instantly disappeared like a bullet toward where the growl came and left a large hole on the ground.

But when Mary vanished, Valentina and Kevin already appeared before us.

"We need to go, we will only be a burden to her"

The master knight said in a deep voice when he locked eyes with Kevin

Without further ado, we immediately started running.

But as we run, I could see three people chasing us like shadows beside the trees.

=============================/

|Name: Baldemor Puta| (Deathbringers)

-Age: 92

-Rank: Grand Master

/=============================\n

=============================/

|Name: Arvin Mosaic| (Deathbringers)

-Age: 39

-Rank: Master

/=============================\n

=============================/

|Name: Kratos Punyeta| (Deathbringers)

-Age: 78

-Rank: Grand Master

/=============================\n

‹!!!›

‹Deathbringers?›

 

 

 

 

 

Author: Hi guys, I've made a discord server. Whoever is interested in... Joining you can try joining.

 

https://discord.gg/QspAsAGP

 

This server is still not that advanced but its just a way for me to interact with people.

 

(For those people who would like to review my advanced chapters, you can try to join here so you could access it and give me critism)

~ Feedback is also open~ 

 

Next Chapter: Wednesday

 

 

92