Ch 67. Practical Class(3)
221 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

"That blue flame..."

"Arthur-sama! Arthur-sama!"

Violet called Arthur a bit loudly to make him snap out of his mind. And the reason, that made Arthur lose his calm face was nothing other than Shin's magic.

After his turn, the prince went on and casted a fire magic, well weaker than him yet power than most other students.

Being a prince, at least that much is expected. After all, he has the royal blood within him.

And after August, the one in the final was Shin. The most anticipated student in the whole academy.

Shin stood on the mark and suddenly a blue flame appeared on his hand. It was a small, just like his fire compressed ball, it was a small flickering flame like a candle.

But it was bluish. It may look like an harmless fire, but probably only Arthur and Shin knew the power contained in that small flame.

With Arthur's eyes, he copied that magic in a glance and was astonished at the destructive power.

It was powerful enough to match his fire compressed ball from the practical test. The components of the fire were different than his one.

Shin's fire was more hot, and destructive compared to his own.

"Shin Wolford!"

"Yes!"

With teacher's command, Shin released that and just like Arthur's magic it struck the target and blasted it into bits, while destroying the wall with a detonate sound.

Boom!!

It was a small fire, with the capability to destroy that wall easily.

'It seems I underestimated Shin a bit too much.'

---

"Today was really an amazing day."

Arthur, Violet and Yuri as usual were walking together towards their mansion. Everyone was happy, even Arthur because of the events.

"That blue flame... That was really amazing."

Arthur also nodded at Yuri's words. That flame truly made him think that Shin is worth the hype.

Normally, he would be disappointed if the Sage's grandson was just an ordinary magician. But Shin destroyed all that stereotypes and emerged as an excellent magician probably much better than his grandfather.

"Arthur-sama. What do you think about that flame? Can you copy it?"

"Copy? What do you mean?"

Yuri who heard Violet's words asked about the context. 

"Oh! You didn't know but Arthur-sama can copy any magic with a glance."

"Huh? Really?"

Yuri quickly grabbed Arthur's hands making him blush a bit. Despite being cool and calm, blushing against a girl is a normal response.

After all no matter how he act, he is an adolescent boy. And girls like Yuri, who have a big breasts, are definitely his weakness.

"Cough! That's right. It's kind of my talent."

He coughed and took off his hand from her.

"Please, can you show it?"

Like an innocent child, Yuri looked at him with her cutest face trying to force him. 

'I forgot it. Because this girl act childish, I forgot her foxy nature.'

Well, even though it is indeed a excellent ability, for Arthur it was something that was not much of use for him.

During his childhood, when he was trying to survive at that time to learn the basics of magic from different magician, it truly helped him.

But now, after his drastic improvement it was hard to come across such a magic which he didn't know.

His perfect human physique gave him high mana reserves and high physical strength. And his reincarnation gave him high mental strength and imagination ability.

And all this eventually led him to become a strongest of his kind. The strongest magic swordsman.

But today, after the practical classes he realised something very important. From the start, he realised that he and Shin are probably same in terms of magic. Both of probably equal mana pool, while both are creative enough and have enough mental strength to execute new spells as well.

But their is a big difference between him and Shin. And that is the understanding of magic.

For Arthur, magic is something fantastical. It something that is out of rationality.

But for Shin, it's quite opposite. For Shin, magic is something logical and rational.

During casting magic, the understanding is magic is very magic. Since, it shapes your physical state of magic. Like Arthur's fire was red, while Shin's was blue.

Both of their processes are good, but they have it's limits. Shin's rational and logical method, better to say his scientific way to cast magic has a proper way, which has a success rate of 100%. 

If someone can understand his Shin's way to magic, then they can cast that magic with a perfect success rate.

But Arthur's fantasy way of magic doesn't have that success rate. Only Arthur himself can do that, and if tries to teach someone else it would difficult for them to exert the highest potential of that magic.

But Arthur's magic has the possibility of doing which Shin's magic can't do. To put simply, Shin's magic has rules, but Arthur's magic is without any rules. And because his magic has no rules, he can do anything he wants with appropriate measures.

Like immortality. Or rebirth. Or reincarnation. Playing with time, distorting space, changing the fate and causality, all this permanent laws of universe can be changed with his fantasy magic.

But in Shin's scientific magic, unless he finds that rational and logical route it would be impossible for him to do that.

For now, Arthur has pretty much mastered all the natural elements.

And as for the absolute elements, he only grasped a bit of gravity. 

As for time and space magic... It was impossible for him, until his breakthrough.

Now, after that coincidental breakthrough after realising the important of closer ones, his understanding of magic seems to have increased.

'It seems I have to try it. I can't talk back behind Shin.'

"Arthur-san? Why are spacing out? Show it to me!"

Suddenly Yuri's shout made him remember that she wanted to see that blue flame to see if he can really copy or not.

'Well, it's no big deal.'

With a small smile, he stretched his index finger and in a second a small blue flame was on it.

"This is definitely is Shin-kun's magic. It seems Arthur-san really copy any magic."

"That's right."

"Then can you do it? And this?"

Yuri started to give him different requests of magic, making him try to copy them.

'Maybe I made a mistake trying to show off to her.'

He smiled wryly, while Violet giggled looking at them.

6