Ch 75. Rengoku
184 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean by Magic Sword?!"

The term "Magic Sword" really attracted all the S class students. 

"It means that this sword has magical properties."

Arthur said as it was simple as breathing under the shocked gaze of the students. Even Yuri didn't knew about it.

"Can I touch it?"

Shin whose hunger for magic was always never ending, looked at his sword and asked Arthur to take a look at it.

Even though he don't want to brag, but in terms of enchantment Shin is quite qualified. 

"It's alright. But don't say anything to me, if Rengoku don't like you."

"What do you mean?"

Shin didn't understand what Arthur meant to said. 

"You will understand."

And Arthur gave the sword to Shin. And as soon he touched, the sword buzzed in his hands. 

"How?"

He tried to insert his mana inside the sword to use it and to look for the enchantments but all his mana was suddenly repelled.

"What are you doing to me?"

And he heard a voice in his mind. Startled, he stood up making everyone surprised. Shin looked left and right to find out the one who spoke in his mind. But he couldn't find it.

"Are you alright, Shin-kun?"

"It's nothing, Cecily."

'Who is it?'

"It's me, Rengoku!"

Rengoku buzzed while replying making him look at her in his hands. Even though he didn't want to believe it, Shin looked at the sword with very shocked eyes.

"Why are staring at me like that? Give me back to my Master."

'This sword... It is alive!'

He handed it back to Arthur, making the sword shine crimson red.

"So, did you understand what I meant to say?"

"What are talking about Arthur?"

August who couldn't understand even a bit of it just asked Shin and Arthur. He couldn't understand but he knew from Shin's shocked eyes that the sword in Arthur's hand was not a normal thing.

"T-That sword... It is alive! It can talk!"

"What do you mean?"

August yet didn't understand. The concept of magic sword is already not present in this world, and about the magic items incorporating will is even more strange.

"I meant what I said!"

"It seems you all don't understand it yet."

Everyone looked at Arthur as he kept the sword beside him, putting it inside the scabbard which he took out of the storage.

'If I keep her back inside storage, she will make more trouble.'

Rengoku's revelation has already caused enough commotion, and it is not doubt that many parties after it will learn the existence of magic swords.

But making a magic sword is next to impossible. Arthur got this magic sword from system, or else he would also used a normal sword of this world.

And the blacksmiths of this world are normal people. Magic swords are made by blacksmiths who are magician. And they give enchantments, effort and sometimes even their own life to complete a weapon.

"So what is a magic sword, Arthur?"

August looked pretty serious as he asked him and looked at him with hawk like eyes.

"Like I said before, a magic sword is a sword that has magical properties. In case of Rengoku, she can cut magic."

Arthur said as he hid some details, not because it was important but because he felt it would be a pain to explain it.

"By she you mean..."

"That's right, Maria. Rengoku... my sword is sentient."

The wild Maria also looked pretty serious after hearing him. And nobody doubted him, because Shin himself confirmed it.

"What does it mean that it is sentient?"

Julius asked to his fellow retainer Thor who like other carried a serious face. Thor is quite intelligent just like his appearance. If Julius is a knight with just muscles, then Thor is a magician with brains.

"It means that the sword can feel and listen to us. It means that the sword has its own mind."

"So, where did you get it from?"

August without any hesitation asked the most important question. The existence of magic sword is already very threatening in a way to the world.

"I got it from someone when I was working as demon hunter. And don't ask about it because it's impossible for me to reveal."

'There is no way I can tell that I got it from system.'

"Wait!"

Thor suddenly shouted as he heard something very amazing just now.

"Did you say that you worked as a demon hunter?"

"That's right."

"What?!!"

Once again like before all of them were quite shocked, except the ones who knew about it - August, Yuri, and Violet. Shin also wasn't shocked since he didn't think of it as a big deal.

"Demon Hunter... I heard it about from grandpa. He told me if I wanted to become one in future."

Shin who heard it remembered the party where he finally became adult. And there he finally decided to attend the academy.

"Walford, have you seen a demon?"

Lynn who saw Shin a bit nonchalant about it, asked as it piqued her curiousity.

"Huh? Yeah I have seen it and even hunted it. Haven't you all hunted a demon?"

"Of course not!"

Shin looked innocent as if it was a tradition to hunt demons in childhood.

"By the way, when did you first hunted them?"

Tony Freed, one of the classmate asked Shin.

"I still remember it. I hunted it when I was ten."

"Ten years old!!!"

All of them of were shocked and looked at Shin if he was some other species. And August was no exception to it. Though he was a bit immune, since he has a S class hunter beside him.

"Yeah... It was a bear about three something meters tall."

"Bear!!"

'Have I done something wrong?'

Shin looked at them distancing from him making him think if he said something out of order.

"What? Why are surprised like that and keeping distance from me? Isn't it common?"

Shin looked at Arthur and Violet and asked them about their first hunt.

"Arthur, when did you hunt your first demon?"

"When I was eight years old. It was a tiger."

"A tiger!!"

The students distanced themselves more from both of them are hearing about it.

"See? It's common."

"It's just for you two!!"

All of them shouted at two of them.

6