Ch 78. The Acknowledgement of Hero
142 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To support and read advance chapters, go to - ko-fi.com/mewriter

---

"Are you okay, Shin?"

"Shin-kun, are you hurt?"

As soon devil fall down, the rest of the students who hid under Arthur's protection quickly came in running towards Shin, Arthur and Violet.

Shin was sitting down on ground with a guilty face for taking a human life, moreover that human was someone who used to stalk the girl he love - Cecily.

Even though he didn't give the finishing blow, somewhere in his heart he felt he killed Kurt.

Cecily and August came in to check on him, making him stand.

"I am alright. It's just..."

"Shin-kun..."

"Even though I hated him, I never wanted him to die! There was no other options! Damn! There must be a reason behind it!"

He shouted a bit in frustration, until the students also came to him, full of praise for defeating the demon.

All of them surrounded surrounded the trio - Shin, Violet and Arthur, and started to rain praises on them.

"I can't believe you all defeated the demon! I thought we were done for a second."

"I resigned myself to death too."

Maria and Thor came out, very glad for being alive. While the magic nerd duo, Lynn and Alice both of them started chanting about the magic prowess showed by them.

"Walford, you were amazing! And Arthur-san's magic... it was very beautiful."

"Yeah, yeah! And Violet-san's lightning magic with swords, it was too cool!"

Speaking of swords, Julius and Tony, both of them also commended on Violet's sword skills.

"With that much skill, Violet-san could be a top student at Knight Academy, degozaru!"

"My family has been knights for generations but I still haven't seen such a clean cut. It's amazing!"

And the last one, Yuri looked at Arthur and Violet with worry eyes, and just jumped on him under the surprise of other students.

"Arthur, are you alright?"

"I am alright, Yuri. Leave me, it's hard to breathe."

Boing!

Her chest was too big for Arthur to breathe properly. But still, Yuri nowadays is too aggressive in her advances.

"Don't tell Arthur and Yuri..."

Maria looked at them with a teasing face, but she was a bit too confident. Arthur just stood still, while Yuri happily hugged Arthur's arm with no shyness on her face.

"Tsk! Both of them are not blushing."

"Arthur..."

"Oh! August and Shin."

August came near him with Shin beside him. Just before both of them had talk about the sudden increase of demons and now a demonoid is in front of them.

If there is someone with the best knowledge about demons and devils, then without a doubt it is Arthur.

"Shin, Arthur and Violet, all three of you are going to have a tough road ahead."

"I know. But I don't care much about it. After all, trying to force me is futile."

"What are you talking about?"

Shin didn't understand the context between August and Arthur. Kurt, though was weak, he was the second ever devil that appeared.

Well, before that many other devils also appeared but Arthur told Count Carlton to not to spread it around. And he was kind of relieved to find him being tight lipped.

The second ever devil to appear, and it was defeated by three students. And the ones who defeated were not just ordinary people.

Arthur Pendragon and Violet Evergarden, the only S ranked demon hunter, given by the Els Federation's Hunter Guild.

And Shin Walford, the grandson of the Sage Merlin and Guru Melinda.

Both of them are big hotshots. Though, Arthur's prestige isn't big as the Sage, he known as Shin in Els.

If Shin is kind of trump card of Earlshide, then Arthur is the same for Els. It's just...

'I am not a hero to work for free.'

Arthur has already abandoned that selfless heroism years ago. His ideals which instilled from the start didn't waver till now.

And the way after meeting Violet, he swore that he would only become a hero for his loved ones. As for the unknown people, he never or ever will care.

The ones most important to him right now are without a doubt, Violet and Yuri.

And about his friends...

'It seems my loved ones has increased by several fold.'

At that moments, with heavy footsteps, the knights arrived. Before the fight began, Arthur already told August to call them.

"Your Highness! Are you alright?"

"Where is the demon? We will do our utmost to..."

"It's already over."

"H-Huh!!!?"

All the knights who came in rush were surprised to find the devil defeated.

"Look over there."

August showed them the headless body of Kurt, and knights looked at it feeling the ominous aura of demon making them believe that the corpse was of a demon.

"....!!"

And it surprised them that someone could defeat a devil, the menace that once destroyed the entire Earlshide Kingdom.

"You... You defeated the devil, Your Highness?!"

"It wasn't me though."

August pointed towards the Shin and Arthur making them more dumbfounded.

"...? No way... a mere student can defeat did this...?"

"What do you mean by "mere"? He is Shin Walford, the grandson of the Sage and Guru. And the other one is Arthur Pendragon, the S ranked demon hunter."

"Wha? W-What?! The Esteemed Grandson and The Legendary Hunter!!"

Arthur eyes twitched a bit to heard his title. Being a sole S ranked hunter, he is quite famous among hunters and knights.

The first achievement is always remembered by everyone. Remembering of achievements, Arthur remembered that he hasn't opened his system for a long time.

'I turned off the notifications, so I even forgot about it's existence.'

Arthur has already gained enough power to live without system, so he kind of forgot about it.

"What? Arthur is that Legendary Hunter!!"

He heard the noise behind him, finding his own classmates being shocked by the revelation.

'Oh! I only told them that I worked as a hunter. But I didn't told them that I am S ranked.'

"Hey! Is the demon slayed?"

"Is it safe now?"

The other students who ran in fear came out one by one, after listening the knights.

"S-someone is lying there!!"

"Ugh! It's a head!!"

"Sorry, can I have your mantle?"

The knight gave it to Shin, who covered Kurt's body with it. The students began to fuss about the demon and the order was a bit in dismay because of the of uncertainty of demon's status.

"What is that corpse?"

"D-Did someone died?"

August looked at them and then took a deep breath and announced with loud voice to appease them.

"Everyone rest assured! The devil has been slain by the grandson of the mage and the legendary hunter - Shin Wolford and Arthur Pendragon!"

"...!!"

"O---"

"Ohhhhhh!!!"

All of them heard it and then shouted in joy that the devil was defeated. All of them came rumbling down, and started to shout.

"Shin! Shin!"

"Wow! It's nothing less expected from the Sage's Grandson!"

"Arthur! Arthur!"

"A hero! It's a new hero!"

"You idiot! It's not a hero, it's new heroes!"

"The Mage's Grandson, Shin Wolford!"

"The Legendary Hunter, Arthur Pendragon!"

All of them cheered like the gold coins rained of them. And Arthur who looked at the scene he wanted to see in his life. The acknowledgement of hero.

But... It's a pity that it came a bit late. For him now it just looked...

'It's creepy!'

4