T.R.A.I
198 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What to do, what to do..." I pondered to myself. It was going to be a while until nightfall, and I had to find something to pass the time. It hit me in the head like a brick just then. "Video games! Of course! Why didn't I think about that sooner!" I said aloud. Video games, degenerates favorite pastime.

I started to go to my room to browse some games to play, but a hand on my shoulder stopped me. Turning around, I saw Ember with a devilish smile on her face. As soon as I saw her, I knew something was up. I was going to ask what it was, but she beat me to it. "Soooo, Sean. I saw something outside and I'm a bit... Curious, about it." She said, her smile gradually brightening as she said the sentence.

"Oh no," I thought to myself, worry slowly welling up inside me. Wait, why am I worrying? I purged all the evil out of her days ago, she's absolutely innocent now! "Can you please scratch me behind my ear?" She asked me. "Uhh, what?" I asked, dumbfounded. Ember repeated herself, "Can you scratch me behind my ear? Please?" A hint of desperation and curiosity were mixed into her words, along with a pout.

I didn't know what the hell to do in this particular scenario, so I obliged. Raising my right arm, I plopped it on her head, her wolf ears folding under my hands weight. As soon as I put my hand on her head, I felt a jolt of... Something, I don't know. Maybe it was through our link? I don't know, it doesn't really seem all that powerful. The jolt disappeared as fast as it appeared.

Moving my hands behind her ear, I curled my fingers to scratch. When I commenced with the scratching, she kept her usual smile, but it twitched from time to time. Eventually, she let out a long moan of pleasure, her tongue hanging out of her mouth, a cherry-red blush appearing on her cheeks.

At this point I knew it was time to stop. I swiftly pulled my hand away from her head, to which Embers reply was, "Hey?! Why did you stop?!" She asked angrily. "Cuz' I'm not ready for this crap!" I replied to her unthinkingly. She just gave a pout and huff at my reply. "Well, can you at least rub my be-" "No." I interrupted her. Her pout increased, she then used another tactic.

Getting on to her knees, she looked up at me with puppy dog eyes and said, "Pleeeaase!!" She begged me. Fuck! She used the ultimate move! Perhaps a bargain will be able to stop her. "Maybe later." I said bluntly, trying to divert my eyes away from hers. Thankfully, she jumped up off the floor with a "Yay!!"

Mission accomplished, I now have an unknown amount of time before she asks me again. But she quickly asked me another question, "OK, so can you take me outside?" Well, that wasn't as bad. Maybe if I take her through the forest it'll be okay. But then again her robe, the only piece of clothing she owns, would probably get torn or dirtied, and she'll become naked again.

"Once you get some new clothes, yes." I answered her. She pouted again, but she didn't attempt to persuade me into doing so anyways. I resumed the trek back up to my room, Ember following closely behind me. Opening the door to my room, I stopped halfway to my headset. Should I really be playing video games right now?

Shouldn't I be training myself and/or Ember? Hell, I haven't even come up with a name for my familiar yet! I decided that I should probably come up with a name for my familiar. Well, the book said that she's a transcended genius level intellect, and based from her abilities she might be some sort of AI.

Thinking on it for a second, I decided to name my familiar "T.R.A.I." Transcended Artificial Intelligence. I honestly have no idea whether it's good or bad. But it sure as hell beats "my familiar." OK, got that done, how about I test Ember for a bit. Turning around, I saw Ember standing behind me.

Her eyes widened a little in expectation. Maybe I should start with her two hearts skill. "Ember, earlier when I read your stats I saw a skill called 'two hearts,' and I would like to try it out." I asked Ember. "Sure!" Replied Ember with her usual smile. Wait, I don't know how to do this! "Sorry, I don't know how to do this. I'll go get the book." I said to her.

I started to go retrieve the book, but Ember stopped me. "You don't need the book, I'll tell you your part, and I'll do mine." Said Ember. "Just reach out towards me with your main arm, either one is fine, and will me into coming to you." Explained Ember. I was confused as to how she knew to do this. But I then remembered that, unlike me, she has starter skills, and what's the point in having skills if you don't know how to use them?

With my right hand, I reached out to Ember and willed her to come. She exploded into a fine red mist, which thankfully also included her robe. The mist then started moving towards me in a focused stream. Once she reached me, the red mist started to enter my bloodstream through the veins in my arms.

Once the last of the mist entered me, I heard Ember in my head. "Wow, it actually worked!" I was honestly surprised. I had expected Ember to be able to talk to me in my head when she's in my bloodstream, but what surprised me was that she didn't know it would work! "Wait, you didn't know it would work?!" I angrily asked Ember aloud.

"He he, sorry." Apologized Ember, her tone decreasing. With a sigh, I asked her about the other part of this particular process, "So, how do you get out of me?" Ember answered my question. "Do the same thing, except will me out of you." Following her directions, I raised my arm again and willed her out of me.

The same red mist exited through my arm and returned to where Ember last stood, where it condensed itself back into Ember. Okay, although I would go on with testing Ember, I decided that I should do that in a safer environment. I would check out what my other affinities were for, the ones I haven't used, but they sounded a little too dangerous to test anywhere near here.

I then thought about playing some video games again, but remembered that I don't have any local multiplayer games to play with Ember. And judging from what I've gathered from Ember, she'll want to play too. So how about some funny cat videos! Jogging over to my bed, I reached under it and pulled out my laptop.

Ember was, obviously, curious about this. I hopped onto my bed while it was turning on and motioned for Ember to come over. She jumped onto my bed face first and rolled over next to me. Once she reached me, she gave a curious look at my laptops screen, of which I've already logged on to.

"What's this?" She asked, curious about my laptop. I answered her with a "You'll see." Getting on the internet, I searched for some funny cat videos for us to watch. When I clicked on a good one, Ember shuffled into cuddle distance to me. We watched cat videos until my familiar booted up.


Later, after 15 and a half cat videos...

Wait, how long have we been watching bongo cat? I asked myself, finally broken out of the trance. Exiting full screen, I looked at the time in the bottom right hand corner of my laptop. It was literally a minute before T.R.A.I finished booting up. I let out a grunt of surprise and quickly shut my laptop.

I quickly got out of my bed, where Ember fell onto her side. She didn't make a sound, just looked at me curiously as to why I've gotten up. "Hey, where you going?" Asked Ember with a slightly groggy voice, wondering why I've gotten up all of a sudden. "T.R.A.I's about to finish booting up!"

After I finished the sentence Embers eyes shot wide open. She immediately flew to my side. Looking at her face, she appeared that she was fine, though her ears started to twitch again. Running down the stairs, I made my way to the living room. I made it just in time to see T.R.A.I's eyes and body flow with life.

T.R.A.I looked around the room, examining her surroundings. When her eyes laid on me and Ember, she began to walk towards us. She raised her hand to perform a handshake with me. "Hello, I am T.R.A.I. Nice to meet you Sean." She said in a neutral tone. Wait, how does she know my name?! I guess that familiars have stronger connections to their masters than martial spirits do, how else would she know mine and hers names?

I shook her hand, delighted to get a familiar who knows manners. I was going to continue the dialogue, but a bright glow from the book interrupted me. I must have left it in here when I did the ritual. When I got a chance to look at it, I saw something that honestly shocked me.

WARNING!

MAGIC INTEGRATION INCREASED TO LVL.2

Magic has reached the next level of integration in this world! Magical integration speed has increased! Low level monsters now spawn naturally! Individuals can now gain access to their mana without outside assistance! Pure magic beings have an increased likely-hood of survival!

5