13
1.5k 4 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scarlet hid herself under my bed the next day. I crouched down and offered to help her with anything she needed, but she refused to acknowledge me. I figured she might just need time. It did make me uneasy knowing someone, no matter how cute they were, was hiding under my bed while I slept. 

I went to school the same as ever, hoping that she'd stay put until I got home. 

"We'll start our real practices tomorrow," Lee chattered.

I only vaguely listened. My mind was back with Scarlet. Was she going to be okay in my bedroom? Did she know how to use the toilet or would I come back to a big mess on the floor?

Lee elbowed me hard.

"Did you hear me?" She asked angrily.

"What?" I found everyone staring at me. 

Lee sighed, clearly annoyed. "We're meeting up tomorrow to practice. We need you there to take photos for the history books and to sound check us as someone who knows little about music."

I nodded. "Okay," I agreed.

Lee stared skeptically. "Is everything okay?" She asked, almost suspiciously now.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I saw the cops driving up to the asylum. I think they might've found your dead body," she said.

I nodded. "That's probably good," I said.

She continued looking at me for a long time. "Okay, then," she decided and went back to discussing music arrangement with the others.

I relaxed a little but tried to pretend to listen in. I didn't want them to worry any more about me than they already did. And I also didn't think they'd believe that Scarlet existed, let alone that she was currently hiding under my bed.

 

Special thanks to my patrons for the support. You all mean a lot to me but it means I might actually have some kind of future in writing if people are willing to throw money at me for it. I was just about ready to give up on this and now instead I'm having a midlife crisis about my career choices at the ripe age of 24. 

Thank you.

95